Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
4,201 - 4,220 of 7,904 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
Priya

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

MavuSeller wrote:
Multanni Mitti eaters can you tell me what the texture is like because I think I may have eaten it before from an asian shop in Manchester. Is it the one that is khaki/yellow in colour, creamy and sticks in the mouth?
http://www.freshnfood.com/Siteadmin/cat_image...
http://www.itslife.in/wp-content/gallery/trav...
Looks like the images above? If that's it I will try and find out if they still sell it because it has been a while since I tried it.
I am from India and can never fail to recognize multani mitti...the first link www.frehnfood.com is Mulati Matti....
Priya

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

MavuSeller wrote:
Multanni Mitti eaters can you tell me what the texture is like because I think I may have eaten it before from an asian shop in Manchester. Is it the one that is khaki/yellow in colour, creamy and sticks in the mouth?
http://www.freshnfood.com/Siteadmin/cat_image...
http://www.itslife.in/wp-content/gallery/trav...
Looks like the images above? If that's it I will try and find out if they still sell it because it has been a while since I tried it.
multani matti is yellow, creamy and sticks in mouth.
Swati

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

anjali wrote:
i am from india i too love black mitti may i knw whr can i found tht in toronto
Where in India are you from...I am from Bombay and my sister is in Gujarat....we get blackish gryey roasted matti in Mumbai, Pune , Gujarat
MavuSeller

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2013

dirtnclay wrote:
@Mavu I think your next step should be to find a white dirt supplier then you'll be complete.(especially for us UK eaters)
I am quite liking the idea of having VARIETY in one place.
I will definitely look into that!
ClayNewbie

Mobile, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Received my two bags of clay from Leslie this morning, I was so excited. It has baked & now the bite sized chunks are just airing in the brown paper bags. Hopefully I can withstand this temptation for a few days lol Thanks Leslie!! It was an awesome deal :)
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Multani mitti khana meri majboori hai mujhe waise non sticky clay jaada ppasand hai magar yaha pr sirf mulnni mitti hi avivailable hai waise mujhe iska taste achcha lagt a hai but thi is stick in my mouth waise yah ek eadible clay hai but you drink a lot of water isse meri acidity problem solve hui hai yah bahut clean clay hoti hai
dirtnclay

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Rinkie wrote:
Multani mitti khana meri majboori hai mujhe waise non sticky clay jaada ppasand hai magar yaha pr sirf mulnni mitti hi avivailable hai waise mujhe iska taste achcha lagt a hai but thi is stick in my mouth waise yah ek eadible clay hai but you drink a lot of water isse meri acidity problem solve hui hai yah bahut clean clay hoti hai
Can u translate please
anjali

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Swati wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in India are you from...I am from Bombay and my sister is in Gujarat....we get blackish gryey roasted matti in Mumbai, Pune , Gujarat
i am from mimbai bt i like the black mitti taste of gujarat
zaheera

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

If anyone can find the nakumatt please let me know...
seema

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

zaheera wrote:
If anyone can find the nakumatt please let me know...
Someone who can find NAkumatt??? That will be news on this forum...All Indians will be ordering big time..
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

Hello everyone I just discover something, if you go on google and type in multani mitti you will see that they are selling this clay on ebay I think the price is great.now Iam not familiar with this caly so I don't know if that is the right clay or not.
seema

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

anjali wrote:
<quoted text>
i am from mimbai bt i like the black mitti taste of gujarat
what do you eat till you get some from India?
anjali

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

seema wrote:
<quoted text>
what do you eat till you get some from India?
no dear i want tht black mitti frm india bt no one is thr to mail me so i eat multani mitti which is easily found in toronto
anjali

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

alicia wrote:
Prego Clay lover, where in MS is your family from? I also LOVE clay and am looking for a good source to get it. I've tried every kind. Had white clay shipped from Georgia (that gave me headache) dug my own when i went to Arizona (me and my daughters LOVED that til it was gone. Bought the African kind from the African market (ok, but not like the red straight from the ground) and have tons of bentonite, pascalite, and terramin clays.
If anybody knows where to get that goood red clay, please let me know.
can utell me whr can i get in toronto
anjali

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2013

zenith wrote:
i am from india and i bet u will forget all other types once u taste the roasted clay from india.i can get it for u . cost 5$ per kg. shipping charges extra. i just love roasted clay.

can u ship for me do let me knw
zaheera

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

seema wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who can find NAkumatt??? That will be news on this forum...All Indians will be ordering big time..
yeah very true ...will be very happy if really someone can sell that.....
dirtnclay

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

seema wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Mavu is our best bet with this one as she has mentioned a couple times that she is in talks with getting this for us. Will be sooo good to try. Can't wait!
Mary Tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Hi Clay Lovers We have another Ghana Clay seller She on EBay she sells 1 bag of 20 for $10.00 .Has any one order the Ghana Clay from eBay before ? Well the Clay dealer is from the US so delivery should be faster than UK .Soon we will be able to enjoy all types of Clay here in the U. S.& UK .Thanks Clay handler
seema

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Mary Tyler wrote:
Hi Clay Lovers We have another Ghana Clay seller She on EBay she sells 1 bag of 20 for $10.00 .Has any one order the Ghana Clay from eBay before ? Well the Clay dealer is from the US so delivery should be faster than UK .Soon we will be able to enjoy all types of Clay here in the U. S.& UK .Thanks Clay handler
link please...
seema

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2013

Love Clay wrote:
Hello everyone I just discover something, if you go on google and type in multani mitti you will see that they are selling this clay on ebay I think the price is great.now Iam not familiar with this caly so I don't know if that is the right clay or not.
Multani Matti seller on ebay is from India...I placed my order on 01/30/13 and still haven't received it...I will let you guys know if I receive it at all..IT HAS BEEN 1 MONTH:(

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••