Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 8975 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4442 Feb 28, 2013
The cravings are back & they came back strong . I'm just craving a big chunk of white dirt that I can break down into smaller pieces & eat the small chunks & save the powder for later . Mmm my mouth is watering right now . Literally .
Craving clay

Miami, FL

#4443 Feb 28, 2013
At Alexx, You keep on coming up with excuses on why you cant get clay, your mom wont let you get clay, nor iron pills, she wont take you to doctors, you dont drive, you and your grandma not in good things ect..
you need to stop that. if you are 16 and cant get clay, so be it, but stop telling people how you are craving and cant get it, because it seems like you are begging for clay.
you are 16 and stil is a minor, we cant get you clay, because we may get in trouble.
So move on! you're getting to be too annoying!
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4444 Feb 28, 2013
Craving clay wrote:
At Alexx, You keep on coming up with excuses on why you cant get clay, your mom wont let you get clay, nor iron pills, she wont take you to doctors, you dont drive, you and your grandma not in good things ect..
you need to stop that. if you are 16 and cant get clay, so be it, but stop telling people how you are craving and cant get it, because it seems like you are begging for clay.
you are 16 and stil is a minor, we cant get you clay, because we may get in trouble.
Well I apologize if I annoyed you & others . This is the only place I felt comfortable expressing my love for clay . But since I'm annoying ill stop posting .

Simple as that .

I hope every one has a nice day on the forum & enjoy their clay & corn starch .:)

I'm too young to be on here . So for now on I'm pretty sure they're wont be any minors on here .
dirtnclay

UK

#4445 Feb 28, 2013
Craving clay wrote:
Oooo you gon get it!! Ruuuuddee!!!
dirtnclay

UK

#4446 Feb 28, 2013
@Alexx don't feel like u can't post anymore. We are here to support each other even if we can't physically get u the clay. Ignore ppl like that.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4447 Feb 28, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I apologize if I annoyed you & others . This is the only place I felt comfortable expressing my love for clay . But since I'm annoying ill stop posting .
Simple as that .
I hope every one has a nice day on the forum & enjoy their clay & corn starch .:)
I'm too young to be on here . So for now on I'm pretty sure they're wont be any minors on here .
Alexx, as has already been said by dirtnclay please don't feel like you can't post here. I understand how you feel, and I can certainly relate as I can't just go out and buy good clay either for a different reason (because clay chunks aren't sold in my country). For the most part I make do though with various substitutes including clay powder until I can travel and stock up because shipping is very expensive here.

Craving clay spoke for herself; we all have our opinion of things, but I would guess that the majority here see the forum as you do - a place where we can come and feel comfortable in talking about clay and similar things and I hope you continue to participate. I am not annoyed by your posts, but to be blunt though I have been a bit concerned for you because at times you seem desperate for clay and have asked people if they can send it to you - and for a young girl I'm concerned that may make you vulnerable, because although we've come to know the regulars here to a certain extent anybody could be looking at this page and of course not everyone has good intentions.

Alexx I still think the best thing would be if you could manage to get tested for anaemia so that if you are anaemic you can be put on the correct dosage of iron for you. That may be best for you, given your circumstances, in the hope that you can at least reduce your cravings.

Someone else has suggested raw vegetables. That would be good too, and I know that one of our UK posters has said that a raw or mostly raw diet/healthy diet got rid of her cravings. Is that something that you think your Mom would consider for you to try? It's worth looking into I think, but if you do you would of course need to make sure that you're eating a balanced healthy diet.
adaku

UK

#4448 Feb 28, 2013
Alex dear,don't know how and what happens at home,but if you have to act up to get to see a doc,then do it,becos this crave will not just go awaY.yu will have to get the crave down a bit by meds for you own stability.....lots of support...
Swati

Plymouth, MN

#4449 Feb 28, 2013
Craving clay wrote:
I agree with you... U can't just keep saying give me clay...it is an expensive habit to have...no one can provide you dirt for everyday consumption...quit the forum...and go to doctors...u know no one has offered to pay for your dirt...study well...eat well... Stay away from this habit...God Bless..
StraightShooter

Pretoria, South Africa

#4450 Feb 28, 2013
True indeed.....Stop it!!
StraightShooter

Pretoria, South Africa

#4451 Feb 28, 2013
@ Alexx...True indeed stop asking people for Clay...But maybe reading advice from the forum will help you,I liked the advice she got from Mary Tyler
Alabama Red

United States

#4452 Feb 28, 2013
Yes Alexx, this is probably good time for you to decide to stop eating clay or not. I believe the women on this forum want the best for you especially with you being 16. Try to eat more healthy and please keep us inform with how things are going. If you don't want to stop try & save your money to purchase your own white dirt.
concerned earth lover

UK

#4453 Mar 1, 2013
Hey Alex I agree with the rest of the forum. You should try and stop eating clay excessively especially if it's out of your means. I also understand what you are going through with a family that are too scared to confront issues you may have told them and brush it aside as 'all in your head'. My mother was and is still the same when I confide in her even now I am in my late 30's. It can be very hard to cope with but it makes you strong. I always liked the taste of clay but the addiction comes whenever I'm emotionally isolated and it calms my nervous edge. Remember you are not alone. Good luck and God bless
Soul Sista

Stockport, UK

#4454 Mar 1, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple as that .
I don't think you should be offended at what craving clay said. She told you a few home truths and yes it hurts, but its the truth. I don't think any mom here on the forum would buy/encourage their daughters to be a clay addict. That was her maternal instinct coming out as a woman. Please, I don't see why your mother will not understand you if you explained to her in detail the need to take iron tablets. If you have any other ailment you should be able to talk to your mother to help you see a doctor since you are a minor. She would understand. I see this as a very good opportunity for you to quit this habit. Trust me, she will understand you. I have a 21 year old daughter and I know what I'm talking about. Every mom wishes the best for their kids. maybe your mom is not the probing type so you need to tell her the whole truth and she will def understand you. Don't jump to hasty conclusions; it really is like making excuses. If you need iron tablets or need to see a doctor, you need to explain why to make her understand properly. However understanding anyone on this forum will be, I doubt that anyone will want to send you clay and that is only because you are a minor. Yes, this is a forum for you to express your feelings but you need to remember that you are in the real world and a minor. You can't make decisions for yourself neither can anyone on this forum or we might get into trouble. Please talk to your mother and I believe she will understand you.
Sorry to have rambled on for so long but I had to and I do hope you are going to have a talk with your mother. Do let us know how it goes and think more on the positive side than on the negative. Good luck.
dirtnclay

UK

#4458 Mar 1, 2013
Well said @soulsista
adaku

UK

#4459 Mar 1, 2013
Soulsista! That was well said,we all mean well for you
Greatest

Nigeria

#4460 Mar 1, 2013
Who knows where i can get clay in ota, Nigeria.
clay diva

Addison, TX

#4462 Mar 1, 2013
Hi Clay Forum I need to know what the price of these Clay If it says 10ghc 3ghc 2 ghc ? Thanks
African Currency

Leicester, UK

#4463 Mar 1, 2013
clay diva wrote:
Hi Clay Forum I need to know what the price of these Clay If it says 10ghc 3ghc 2 ghc ? Thanks
It is Ghanaian currency, just googled it.
clay diva

Addison, TX

#4464 Mar 1, 2013
I did but i wanted to make sure I read it correct 10ghc is $10.00 in USA correct
clay clay

United States

#4465 Mar 1, 2013
clay diva wrote:
I did but i wanted to make sure I read it correct 10ghc is $10.00 in USA correct
10gh is arnd $6.clay is cheap in gh. how i miss gh clay

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Gives $7 Bil in Food Benefits to "Ineligib... May 22 ronnie 15
News School Leaders Fire Back Against Claims Of Unhe... (May '10) May 20 Superintendant of... 19
News The Mosaic Company Named No. 40 on 100 Best Cor... May 19 Fertilizing Divid... 1
News Republicans Eye Changes to Food-Stamp Program May 13 Go Blue Forever 65
News High-protein diets may backfire in the long run May 12 brickboo 1
News Female and losing your hair? Don't worry h- her... May 10 bengiekrome 2
News El Pasoans asked to fill brown paper bags with ... May 8 L Morales 1
More from around the web