Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9270 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

zaheera

Edinburgh, UK

#4422 Feb 27, 2013
candice wrote:
Hey clay eaters I can help u with clay ,I live in africa nd clay is all around me ,hala at me if u want some
can you make arrangement for nakumatt please let us know...
candice

South Africa

#4423 Feb 27, 2013
Hv 2 learn how 2 do da shipping stuff first then I'll let u knw
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4424 Feb 27, 2013
candice wrote:
Hv 2 learn how 2 do da shipping stuff first then I'll let u knw
Please also send us some pictures as u figure out how to ship Nakumatt Roasted clay
http://www.google.com/imgres...
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4425 Feb 27, 2013
Mucha wrote:
<quoted text>
Go see your gp have blood tests and if yu r anaemic he will gve yu pills for that.
I tried talking to my about it . I suggested that we'll go see a doctor to see if I was anemic . She said that there's no need to go to an doctor because I'm not anemic & if I am I will grow out of it . She's also getting very irritated w/ me talking about this so I can no longer talk about being anemic or going to the doctor & getting it checked .
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4426 Feb 27, 2013
The cravings are slowly coming back & it's starting to make me go crazy . Trying my hardest to be strong about it but I don't know how long that will last . My mom also don't want me to say another thing about me being anemic or anything about being anemic , so there goes my chance of being on Iron pills . But I hope everybody else is enjoying their clay & corn starch .:)
All things clay

Bermuda

#4427 Feb 27, 2013
candice wrote:
Hey clay eaters I can help u with clay ,I live in africa nd clay is all around me ,hala at me if u want some
Can you please tell us what type clay(s) you have around you?
Thanks
All things clay

Bermuda

#4428 Feb 27, 2013
Alexx wrote:
The cravings are slowly coming back & it's starting to make me go crazy . Trying my hardest to be strong about it but I don't know how long that will last . My mom also don't want me to say another thing about me being anemic or anything about being anemic , so there goes my chance of being on Iron pills . But I hope everybody else is enjoying their clay & corn starch .:)
Sorry to hear that Alexx, that's a difficult situation.

You say you're 16? I don't know how the system works where you are, but is it possible at all for you to go by yourself to a clinic or something? As a mother I wouldn't like to think that my kids couldn't talk to me or did things behind my back, but this is your health we're talking about - don't want to be seen to be criticizing your Mom but have to say can't quite grasp why she is so against your getting checked out. Have you told her about the cravings, or just that you think you're anaemic?
dirtnclay

London, UK

#4429 Feb 27, 2013
Alexx wrote:
Are u able to go to see the doctors on your own or with a friend??
All things clay

Bermuda

#4430 Feb 27, 2013
Also for Alexx: As you've probably seen, some of the ladies on here have said that iron pills do work if you give them a chance. If it's found that you need them that may be the best solution for you, especially as you can't get access to clay on a regular basis to satisfy your cravings.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4431 Feb 27, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to hear that Alexx, that's a difficult situation.
You say you're 16? I don't know how the system works where you are, but is it possible at all for you to go by yourself to a clinic or something? As a mother I wouldn't like to think that my kids couldn't talk to me or did things behind my back, but this is your health we're talking about - don't want to be seen to be criticizing your Mom but have to say can't quite grasp why she is so against your getting checked out. Have you told her about the cravings, or just that you think you're anaemic?
Just that I'm anemic . I can't tell her about the cravings since she already spazzing out about me telling her I'm anemic . Don't know how she might act if I tell her that I crave clay . & she doesn't let me drive . She's very over protective over me . That's also an reason why I don't have a job . Things are very complicated for me .
Mary Tyler

United States

#4432 Feb 27, 2013
candice wrote:
@ candice what kind of Clay do you have access too? Odowa by any chance
Mary Tyler

United States

#4433 Feb 27, 2013
Alexx wrote:
@ Alexx you can go to any pharmacy Walgreens ,CVS ,Wal-Mart and purchase your own Iron pills with out an prescription .Eat plenty of RAW vegatables and ser If that helps your craving. Good Luck !
Mahi

Delhi, India

#4435 Feb 27, 2013
may i knw what is cornstarch.....!!
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4436 Feb 28, 2013
Eating not a bad habbit but clen clay is good this is found only in mines and deep dug i also eat a clean clay
Anchal Sharma

Delhi, India

#4437 Feb 28, 2013
I love to eat Fuller's earth.It's just amazing.My mouth waters whenever I think of it or smell it.I can't control myself eating it.My mother and sister hide it from me and scold me, but what can I do? I Just Love It.........
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4438 Feb 28, 2013
Anchal Sharma wrote:
I love to eat Fuller's earth.It's just amazing.My mouth waters whenever I think of it or smell it.I can't control myself eating it.My mother and sister hide it from me and scold me, but what can I do? I Just Love It.........
Hello Rinkie, Mahi, Anchal,
I love to eat clay too..the roasted blackish grey clay sold in India..it is really very difficult to get here in USA...so I eat multani matti too...lets all share our email addresses and we can chat more..http://www.google.com/im gres?q=roasted+clay&hl=en &sa=X&rlz=1T4ADRA_enUS 472US473&biw=901&bih=5 10&tbm=isch&tbnid=qYk2 LsI5KI50EM:&imgrefurl=http ://extrawellrounded.wordpress. com/tag/clay/&docid=yk8BVJ KNI9d7QM&imgurl=http://ext rawellrounded.files.wordpress. com/2012/11/clay-roasted.jpg &w=800&h=1067&ei=P HgvUeAxpJyMAu3hgdgC&zoom=1 &iact=rc&dur=125&s ig=111666896301127742535&p age=1&tbnh=156&tbnw=11 9&start=0&ndsp=14& ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0,i:82&tx =61&ty=64
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4439 Feb 28, 2013
Anchal Sharma wrote:
http://www.google.com/imgres...
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4440 Feb 28, 2013
Anchal Sharma wrote:
Hello Rinkie, Mahi, Anchal,
I love to eat clay too..the roasted blackish grey clay sold in India..it is really very difficult to get here in USA...so I eat multani matti too...lets all share our email addresses and we can chat more..
Mary Tyler

United States

#4441 Feb 28, 2013
seema wrote:
<quoted text>
link please...
@seema the Clay is up and posted on ebay now
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4442 Feb 28, 2013
The cravings are back & they came back strong . I'm just craving a big chunk of white dirt that I can break down into smaller pieces & eat the small chunks & save the powder for later . Mmm my mouth is watering right now . Literally .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House mulls letting states require drug t... Apr 17 Penguin 16
News Shamrocks program raises more than $100,000 for... Apr 16 Diane Boardman 1
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Apr 14 Anonymous 20
News B.C. man turns nerdy hobby into a million dolla... Apr 7 Teach 1
News Chocolate Day 2018: These Are the Chocolates Yo... Mar '18 Who needs chocolate 2
News USDA to Purchase Surplus Cheese for Food Banks ... (Aug '16) Mar '18 fogsweptglade 2
News Food list grows for WIC users (Oct '09) Mar '18 Miranda Jordan 49