Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9009 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#4400 Feb 26, 2013
seema wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who can find NAkumatt??? That will be news on this forum...All Indians will be ordering big time..
yeah very true ...will be very happy if really someone can sell that.....
dirtnclay

UK

#4401 Feb 26, 2013
seema wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who can find NAkumatt??? That will be news on this forum...All Indians will be ordering big time..
I think Mavu is our best bet with this one as she has mentioned a couple times that she is in talks with getting this for us. Will be sooo good to try. Can't wait!
Mary Tyler

United States

#4402 Feb 26, 2013
Hi Clay Lovers We have another Ghana Clay seller She on EBay she sells 1 bag of 20 for $10.00 .Has any one order the Ghana Clay from eBay before ? Well the Clay dealer is from the US so delivery should be faster than UK .Soon we will be able to enjoy all types of Clay here in the U. S.& UK .Thanks Clay handler
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4403 Feb 26, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
Hi Clay Lovers We have another Ghana Clay seller She on EBay she sells 1 bag of 20 for $10.00 .Has any one order the Ghana Clay from eBay before ? Well the Clay dealer is from the US so delivery should be faster than UK .Soon we will be able to enjoy all types of Clay here in the U. S.& UK .Thanks Clay handler
link please...
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4404 Feb 26, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
Hello everyone I just discover something, if you go on google and type in multani mitti you will see that they are selling this clay on ebay I think the price is great.now Iam not familiar with this caly so I don't know if that is the right clay or not.
Multani Matti seller on ebay is from India...I placed my order on 01/30/13 and still haven't received it...I will let you guys know if I receive it at all..IT HAS BEEN 1 MONTH:(
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#4405 Feb 26, 2013
@Mary Tyler, Can you tell us how can we located this person on ebay.
Mary Tyler

Fort Worth, TX

#4407 Feb 26, 2013
seema wrote:
<quoted text>
link please...
you have to log on to eBay on the search bar Type in Ghana Clay ,Ayilo
Mary Tyler

Addison, TX

#4408 Feb 26, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@Mary Tyler, Can you tell us how can we located this person on ebay.
@ Love Clay I just log on EBay and the name is visiónimpactsales . She out now but she is expecting more in a couple of days / weeks . Let me know If you found her she has a big plate of Ghana Clay that she sold ( mouth watering).
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#4409 Feb 26, 2013
@mary Tyler, Thank you mary I will let you know.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4410 Feb 26, 2013
I talked to my mom about me being anemic & asking her to buy me some iron pills . She says that being an anemic is just a phase & it will soon pass . So no iron pills for my cravings . Cravings are starting to come back also . I don't know how long it'll be before I start going crazy for clay & will eat anything for that earthy flavor .
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#4411 Feb 26, 2013
Alexx wrote:
I talked to my mom about me being anemic & asking her to buy me some iron pills . She says that being an anemic is just a phase & it will soon pass . So no iron pills for my cravings . Cravings are starting to come back also . I don't know how long it'll be before I start going crazy for clay & will eat anything for that earthy flavor .
I saw in past post that u like the powder of the white dirt. Is there many way u can go to the store and get corn strach I think u may like that its only 1 dollar wal-mart brand is the best
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4412 Feb 26, 2013
Alexx wrote:
Alexx, I really feel for you - I know what it's like to not have access to what you crave.

Did you tell your Mom about the cravings, or just that you were anaemic? It may make a difference if you do tell her, if you haven't already. Also, I seem to recall that you had said that one of your grandmothers eats or used to eat clay? Is it possible to talk to her and see if she can help you?
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4413 Feb 26, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw in past post that u like the powder of the white dirt. Is there many way u can go to the store and get corn strach I think u may like that its only 1 dollar wal-mart brand is the best
Does corn starch have an earthy taste ? I can try it but I'm not a big fan of weight gaining .
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4414 Feb 26, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Alexx, I really feel for you - I know what it's like to not have access to what you crave.
Did you tell your Mom about the cravings, or just that you were anaemic? It may make a difference if you do tell her, if you haven't already. Also, I seem to recall that you had said that one of your grandmothers eats or used to eat clay? Is it possible to talk to her and see if she can help you?
Yes , my grandmother on my dad side used to eat white dirt like maybe 10 years ago & she stopped , but we're really not on good terms & I doubt that she'll help me find white dirt & the store she had bought it from when I was younger had closed down .
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4415 Feb 26, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Does corn starch have an earthy taste ? I can try it but I'm not a big fan of weight gaining .
Corn starch isn't earthy, at least not to me it isn't. Different brands can have a different taste/texture (I like Argo in the box, nice and dry and squeaky with a nice flavour). Not everybody would like it but for those that do I feel the need to warn that cornstarch can be VERY addictive.

I'm eating some now. As much as I like the taste/texture I don't think eating it is a good thing. I can see why Cornstarch Eater suggested it as a clay substitute, because it is cheap and you can buy it easily, but please do not underestimate how addictive it can be and the other potential negatives.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4416 Feb 26, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes , my grandmother on my dad side used to eat white dirt like maybe 10 years ago & she stopped , but we're really not on good terms & I doubt that she'll help me find white dirt & the store she had bought it from when I was younger had closed down .
Sorry to hear that you're not no good terms with your granny.
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#4417 Feb 27, 2013
Ordered Ghana clay from soulsista ...Excited...waiting for the delivery...
Mucha

London, UK

#4418 Feb 27, 2013
Alexx wrote:
Go see your gp have blood tests and if yu r anaemic he will gve yu pills for that.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4419 Feb 27, 2013
Multani mitti is good for helth i eat it but small chunks and i drink a lot of water jaada khaane se cyou got concti pation

Since: Jan 13

Dallas, TX

#4420 Feb 27, 2013
cornstarch is so addictive. please be careful

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fitness Profile: Lan Phan (Sep '07) Jul 3 Mize 18
News Is free school lunch the next great American en... Jul 2 Jaimie 2
News St. Paul schools putting free meals on wheels Jun 30 Mikey 2
News High-protein diets may backfire in the long run Jun 28 xexe 3
News Republicans Are Waging An Unprecedented War Aga... Jun 25 Miss Id 1
News School Nutritionists: Participation in School L... Jun 25 Miss Id 1
News Soda tax? Dietary guidelines panel advises maki... Jun 24 Hey 5
More from around the web