Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9214 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Alabama Red

United States

#4350 Feb 23, 2013
mary tyler wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks Love Clay I received the Clay yesterday very fast . Eating them up now they are smokey & gritty and good.
Hey Mary,
Is this the same type of clay that you purchase from Soul Sista? I'm waiting on my delivery & hope it is good as you describe.
mobu consumer

South Africa

#4351 Feb 23, 2013
Been trying to take advantage of leslies clay special but pay pal tells me my card number is invalid! I really wanted to try out that white clay.*SAD 4 DAYS*
anjali

Toronto, Canada

#4353 Feb 23, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Ilove the taste of slate pencil but this is very harm ful india ravine found a off white clay this is eadible clay but rosted clay taste very better my aunt eat this clay
can u plz tell me where can i get roasted grey clay to eat in toronto i need thm very badly plz say me can any one ship me
anjali

Toronto, Canada

#4354 Feb 23, 2013
zaheera wrote:
<quoted text> hey hi I also want t he Indian one please let me the cost...for uk
can u plz order for me too n do let my the cost........
mary tyler

Bridge City, TX

#4355 Feb 23, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Mary,
Is this the same type of clay that you purchase from Soul Sista? I'm waiting on my delivery & hope it is good as you describe.
Hi Alabama Red how are you doing tonight ? Yes it the same as Soul Sista Clay .I really hope you find your earthy taste in it that you looking for I know I did .At first the smoke taste and gritty pebbles had to grow on me . I just keep chewing and tasting and before I know it all 18 egg shape was gone (.Lol ) I was wanting and craving more . Plz keep me posted I really wanna know how you like it. Today I went bought me 2 bottles of iron pills hopefully my craving can slow down a bit .Cause When my next order of Ghana clay comes in I dont want to eat them all up in a day ,which now I have no problem doing.
mary tyler

Bridge City, TX

#4356 Feb 23, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@Mary Tyler,I am happy you received the clay happy munching!
Thanks Again .
Mz libra

Chesapeake, OH

#4357 Feb 23, 2013
About to get off from work and I'm headed for my white dirt.....these other clays sound so good
zaheera

Edinburgh, UK

#4361 Feb 24, 2013
anjali wrote:
<quoted text>
can u plz order for me too n do let my the cost........
@anjali I guess you can order from leslie she does it for US that is nearer for you....because to send from UK it will unnecessarily increase the postage cost...and the Indian roasted clay I guess we won't get it outside India....no clue about that I guess the nakumatt once resembles to the Indian roasted clay but none sells that.....
monica

Jackson, MS

#4362 Feb 24, 2013
Mavuseller please email me at [email protected] I really would like to place a order for that mouth watering clay! I'm not sure if my info went through on your site!
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4363 Feb 24, 2013
Hi india found a many type of clay but this is found any state change clay but only multani mitti commen that is found every were more earthy clay found gujraat m.p u.p
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4364 Feb 24, 2013
Any body eating multani mitti and slate pencil

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#4366 Feb 24, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Great News!!! Definitely let us know when we can start placing orders. If this happens then I have only one other clay that I would like to try which is odowa. Thanks ladies for helping to make these clays accessible for us to purchase.
Yes of course I will do and I'm still on the hunt for the odowa too! Hopefully when I start selling again I will have some for you.

London, UK

#4367 Feb 24, 2013
Multanni Mitti eaters can you tell me what the texture is like because I think I may have eaten it before from an asian shop in Manchester. Is it the one that is khaki/yellow in colour, creamy and sticks in the mouth?

http://www.freshnfood.com/Siteadmin/cat_image...

http://www.itslife.in/wp-content/gallery/trav...

Looks like the images above? If that's it I will try and find out if they still sell it because it has been a while since I tried it.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4368 Feb 24, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes of course I will do and I'm still on the hunt for the odowa too! Hopefully when I start selling again I will have some for you.
Can you tell us whether the Tanzanian clay is processed in any way, or completely natural?

London, UK

#4369 Feb 24, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you tell us whether the Tanzanian clay is processed in any way, or completely natural?
Well my supplier sent me a picture I'll upload it in a minute but basically I was expecting soil cakes like the Haitians going from how it has been described on the forum in the past but it surprisingly resembles the ghana shaped clay more. Makes sense to me as, assuming it's soil clay rather than clay chunks, makes it easier to sell. Either way for me I'd bake it as i bake any clay I eat.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4370 Feb 24, 2013
It's been a couple days since I ran out of clay . So far so good . No cravings yet . I wonder how long this will last before I start craving white dirt again .
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4371 Feb 24, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
Multanni Mitti eaters can you tell me what the texture is like because I think I may have eaten it before from an asian shop in Manchester. Is it the one that is khaki/yellow in colour, creamy and sticks in the mouth?
http://www.freshnfood.com/Siteadmin/cat_image...
http://www.itslife.in/wp-content/gallery/trav...
Looks like the images above? If that's it I will try and find out if they still sell it because it has been a while since I tried it.
That clay looks really good .

London, UK

#4374 Feb 24, 2013
Info wrote:
<quoted text>
The clay looks like the picture I found a few weeks back and put up on the forum, here it is again. Certainly looks yummy!
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/LocationPhotoDir...
I know! The clay in your link is from tanzania so I think it's the same. My one looks smaller though doesn't it. I'm thinking it will be super earthy in taste too!
Info

Rochester, UK

#4375 Feb 24, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
<quoted text>
I know! The clay in your link is from tanzania so I think it's the same. My one looks smaller though doesn't it. I'm thinking it will be super earthy in taste too!
Can't wait, for this clay & the original Mavu. I hope it's soon :)
ackee

Bronx, NY

#4376 Feb 24, 2013
Mavuseller
That second picture of the mulatani look good. It look very earthy and something I would like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Lee County chosen for national nutrition, healt... 4 hr And The Survey Says 5
News Liberals plan Arctic co-operation with Russia, ... Thu Will same happen ... 1
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Sep 14 Winston 44
News Alltech highlights algae plant (Feb '11) Sep 10 Deshawn 71
News Kentucky SNAP Recipient Is Abusing the System W... Sep 10 Thunderbolt 22
News 5 easy ways to improve your health every day Sep 4 euk95 1
News Toronto schools raise less money than rest of r... Sep 4 Babs Jutt - WPG 2
More from around the web