Why do I often crave eating clay?

Dec 7, 2007 Read more: GoErie.com 8,948
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Read more
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#4303 Feb 21, 2013
3rd day that the clay taste nasty & it's finally sunny outside . I'm going to let the clay sit outside in front of the sun & hopefully that'll make the taste better . Really don't want to throw it out considering this is all I have left .
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4304 Feb 21, 2013
I hear the grey roasted stone but this is found only in maharashtra
Info

Leicester, UK

#4305 Feb 21, 2013
Hi Odowa Lover, is the Nakumatt grey clay smooth or is it slightly gritty..?
http://xd9.xanga.com/58ff770040c33267574143/b...
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#4306 Feb 21, 2013
Alexx wrote:
3rd day that the clay taste nasty & it's finally sunny outside . I'm going to let the clay sit outside in front of the sun & hopefully that'll make the taste better . Really don't want to throw it out considering this is all I have left .
I'm sorry Alexx. I hope u get some more soon
MavuSeller

UK

#4307 Feb 21, 2013
Info wrote:
Not gritty at all but wouldn't describe it as smooth exactly. If you are looking for a crunchy clay then this is it. Also less messy! It's harder to get the tell tale circle round your mouth with this one.
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4308 Feb 21, 2013
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
it is gritty...i have never heard about drying in the sun, putting in the paper bag, baking in oven etc... it comes ready to eat..crunchy, smooth, earthy smell, unstopable taste, does not stick to your mouth,comes in chunks,fun to bite in to..not very soft not very hard.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4309 Feb 21, 2013
Info wrote:
I would LOVE to try that clay . That clay looks soo good . Have anybody tried this clay ? If so what does it taste like ? Is it very earthy ? Does it taste anything like white dirt ?
Info

Leicester, UK

#4310 Feb 21, 2013
Thanks both Mavuseller and Seema. Is it still a possibility Mavuseller that you can get this Kenyan clay or the actual Odowa itself as Odowa Lover described it earlier on..? Would love to try it!

Since: Oct 12

Slough, UK

#4311 Feb 21, 2013
Info wrote:
Hi there , the nakumatt clay is very smooth. No grit..it's not usually moulded. They just add a bit of water and then roast it in a kiln.

Since: Feb 13

London, UK

#4313 Feb 21, 2013
Info wrote:
Thanks both Mavuseller and Seema. Is it still a possibility Mavuseller that you can get this Kenyan clay or the actual Odowa itself as Odowa Lover described it earlier on..? Would love to try it!
Yes hopefully I will be getting the Nakumatt roasted clay. Not sure about the odowa but I will try that too.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4314 Feb 21, 2013
Has anyone tried the Nakumatt clay ? I don't know who brought it up to the forum but I would love to know what does it taste like & where do you get it from ? Is it creamy ? Does it crumble when you bite into it ? Is it anything like the kaolin clay ? Any descriptions ?
mary tyler

United States

#4315 Feb 22, 2013
Muching on my white bake kaolin Clay and waiting on my Ghana Clay to arrive any day now.
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#4316 Feb 22, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes hopefully I will be getting the Nakumatt roasted clay. Not sure about the odowa but I will try that too.
whenever you in stock please let us know...in you list ...
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#4317 Feb 22, 2013
Alexx wrote:
Has anyone tried the Nakumatt clay ? I don't know who brought it up to the forum but I would love to know what does it taste like & where do you get it from ? Is it creamy ? Does it crumble when you bite into it ? Is it anything like the kaolin clay ? Any descriptions ?
its the same I saw on wahu.co.uk but on that site nothing is getting added in the cart ...I search for odowa
uaxwax

Pittsburgh, PA

#4318 Feb 22, 2013
youtube.com/watch... Reasons are Error
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#4319 Feb 22, 2013
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#4321 Feb 22, 2013
Just finished my first bag from Leslie. I broke my white dirt into small pieces and they were like chips. I had some powder residue from breaking it up so, I just poured it all into my mouth. I'm telling you it was DA BOMB!!!! So now im wondering what to do with the dirt that's still in the plastic. By the way I've eaten about 3 chunks out of that bag already.....I finished up my cornstarch and I haven't had time to buy any because I've been eating my white dirt!!!!!!!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4322 Feb 22, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Just finished my first bag from Leslie. I broke my white dirt into small pieces and they were like chips. I had some powder residue from breaking it up so, I just poured it all into my mouth. I'm telling you it was DA BOMB!!!! So now im wondering what to do with the dirt that's still in the plastic. By the way I've eaten about 3 chunks out of that bag already.....I finished up my cornstarch and I haven't had time to buy any because I've been eating my white dirt!!!!!!!
Hi, it's sounding like you prefer the white dirt now :)
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#4324 Feb 22, 2013
I have ordered today's special from Leslie and have also ordered Ghana clay from Soul Sista I will be well stcke for a while. After I'm done with both of the clays I have vowed to take a break.
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#4325 Feb 22, 2013
that is well stock for a while

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News School Leaders Fire Back Against Claims Of Unhe... (May '10) Apr 13 Ostate100 16
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... Apr 11 Renee Vaughan 5
News Paltrow cuts back for food stamp challenge Apr 11 Dfinnnley22 2
News Families pump up nutrition, exercise know-how Apr 6 FREE FRIED CHICKEN 4
News Obese children may have a harder time tasting f... Apr 5 stephenpe 22
News Northeast, Blue Cross team up for 'fitNEss' Mar 28 Why teach 1
News States to test ways to send food stamp recipien... Mar 26 Sneaky Pete 9
More from around the web