Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9258 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

mary tyler

United States

#4282 Feb 20, 2013
Thanks Leslie ! The Picture Here , all you roasted clay lovers this is Ghana egg shape molded clay . So we have Leslie Georgia White Dirt , Wanda Good ole white dirt Soul Sista Ghana molded eggshape clay .Now Ladies and Gents all we need is Odowa handler. Lol
Iheartclay

London, UK

#4283 Feb 20, 2013
Lol talk about Mavu getting rejected! Don't worry Mavu..you're in my list :)

Is odowa the Kenyan Nakumatt clay?
Mary Tyler

Lumberton, TX

#4284 Feb 20, 2013
Sorry Iheartclay forget about Mavu add her to the list what kind of clay do she sells?
Priya

Plymouth, MN

#4285 Feb 20, 2013
Iheartclay wrote:
Yes....odowa is the nakumatt clay....from kenya....nakumatt is the name of the store in Kenya that sells odowa...roasted grey clay....if u taste it u will never ever try anything
else...
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4286 Feb 20, 2013
I left my clay in the bag all day untouched & I tasted it today & it still taste like ... An oven . Like all the non sticky products that's build up on the inside , the metal taste , the taste is horrible . I sure hope this clay will get its earthy flavor back soon since this is the last little but of clay I have left . Ohh I sure hope it tastes good again .
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#4287 Feb 20, 2013
I just ordered Ghana clay from Soul Sista. I hope it will not take long to be delivered. I will continue to experiment with different clays until I find something to satisfy my taste. I thought the price would be costly but it was not especially since it is coming from the UK.
Info

Leicester, UK

#4288 Feb 20, 2013
Hi, Anyone from Kenya who can help out with selling Odowa on this forum...
http://xd9.xanga.com/58ff770040c33267574143/b...

Since: Oct 12

Woodford Green, UK

#4289 Feb 21, 2013
Iheartclay wrote:
Odowa is not the nakumatt clay... Odowa is a soft grey or yellow stones mined mainly in the western parts of Kenya . It's usually eaten unroasted .. Wahu foods used to sell it though they ran out and never restocked.
The nakumatt clay is just clay which has been roasted .. It tastes nice but not the same as odowa. Odowa is really earthy when sundried. Occasionally some of the soft stones can taste salty or slightly sugary depending on where they were mined but they are usually completely unprocessed...
The nakumatt roasted clay has been watered and then roasted in a kiln..
zaheera

Edinburgh, UK

#4290 Feb 21, 2013
Did anyone.try the Isles from wahu.co.uk..
The picture seems good...
zaheera

Edinburgh, UK

#4291 Feb 21, 2013
Is there Any Online site for soulsista clay....
zaheera

Edinburgh, UK

#4292 Feb 21, 2013
zaheera wrote:
Did anyone.try the Isles from wahu.co.uk..
The picture seems good...
it was odowa I meant to say
pinky

Mumbai, India

#4293 Feb 21, 2013
hi, im 29yrs old women, kya mitti khane se kuch side effect hote hai... (mitti - which is available at Bhelwala)...pls suggest
mary tyler

Lithonia, GA

#4294 Feb 21, 2013
zaheera wrote:
No
Soul Sista

Horsham, UK

#4296 Feb 21, 2013
zaheera wrote:
Unfortunately not yet, but soon. I can be contacted on [email protected]
Soul Sista

Horsham, UK

#4298 Feb 21, 2013
This is to announce that I have currently run out of the chunky smooth clay but still have the moulded egg shaped clay in stock. I will let you know as soon as I have some in stock. I will also like to thank my cherished customers for their patronage and patience. I really appreciate it. Not forgetting all the friendly banter, learning and sharing on the forum. It is always something to look forward to at the end of the day.
Soul Sista

Horsham, UK

#4299 Feb 21, 2013
pinky wrote:
hi, im 29yrs old women, kya mitti khane se kuch side effect hote hai...(mitti - which is available at Bhelwala)...pls suggest
Hi Pinky, it would be good if you could translate that into English so we could all contribute/suggest to your comment.
zaheera

Edinburgh, UK

#4300 Feb 21, 2013
Info wrote:
Hi, Anyone from Kenya who can help out with selling Odowa on this forum...
http://xd9.xanga.com/58ff770040c33267574143/b...
I saw that on wahu.co.uk
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4301 Feb 21, 2013
pinky wrote:
hi, im 29yrs old women, kya mitti khane se kuch side effect hote hai...(mitti - which is available at Bhelwala)...pls suggest
Hi Pinky From Bombay,
I would really like to talk to you.my email [email protected]..I have eaten matti sold at bhelwala in bombay for 32 years...i am 42 years old now...livingin USA..I have nto seen any side effect..great taste, yummy smell, great texture, never sticks to mouth, no need to roast,so...mitti khane se kuch bhe side effect nahi hai..where do you live in India??? Please email we can chat more..
seema

San Francisco, CA

#4302 Feb 21, 2013
pinky wrote:
http://www.bing.com/images/search...
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4303 Feb 21, 2013
3rd day that the clay taste nasty & it's finally sunny outside . I'm going to let the clay sit outside in front of the sun & hopefully that'll make the taste better . Really don't want to throw it out considering this is all I have left .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Food stamp cuts would hit Wabash Valley hard Fri Dan 61
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Thu Tex-Ankini 7
News Millions on food stamps at risk under Trump's c... Jun 18 sam4short 2
News Islampray 670x305 Jun 14 Simran68 2
News Fear of deportation drives people off food stam... Jun 7 anotherview 4
News Guidelines for when food goes bad (Jul '15) Jun 1 indict DENNIS ROSS 3
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Jun 1 pok 53
More from around the web