Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9263 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4260 Feb 19, 2013
Madhuri wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,
Can you tell me where can I find the grey roasted stones? I love eating those. Do you know anyone who ships them here?
Please let me know at [email protected]
Thanks,
Madhuri
It is only available in India and African food stores in USA...tell them u want odowa...which means grey roasted clay
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4261 Feb 19, 2013
Madhuri wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi,
Can you tell me where can I find the grey roasted stones? I love eating those. Do you know anyone who ships them here?
Please let me know at [email protected]
Thanks,
Madhuri
Which part of India are u from?
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4262 Feb 19, 2013
I just tasted my clay & the only good this that its just dryer & crunchier , but there's no earthy taste . So back to the paper bag it goes , hopefully the dry & crunchier texture will stay & I can get the earthy taste . I really don't have that much clay left . Probably a handful of small chunks . After I eat that I'll be out of clay . Don't know what to do when I run out considering I can't buy any clay . It's a hard habit to keep up w/.
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#4263 Feb 19, 2013
Alexx wrote:
I just tasted my clay & the only good this that its just dryer & crunchier , but there's no earthy taste . So back to the paper bag it goes , hopefully the dry & crunchier texture will stay & I can get the earthy taste . I really don't have that much clay left . Probably a handful of small chunks . After I eat that I'll be out of clay . Don't know what to do when I run out considering I can't buy any clay . It's a hard habit to keep up w/.
Where did you get the clay from this time?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4264 Feb 19, 2013
Vandan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jems clay tailors chalk.....on amazon.....tastes amazing....made out of clay...smooth.....crunchy....r oasted
I have heard that tailors chalk is good, haven't tried it myself. Is it earthy?

Here is some info on this brand of chalk - I see it's mainly American clay with "whitening powders". Anybody have any idea what those powders would be and whether they're safe to eat?

Thanks.

https://www.walterhesse.com/product.php...
Mary Tyler

Lumberton, TX

#4265 Feb 19, 2013
Madhuri wrote:
Hi, I would like to buy your roasted clay chunks, that look like grey stones. Do you ship to the US?
Also, do you have a picture of the grey stones that I can refer to so that we know that we're talking about the same thing?
Thanks,
Madhuri
<quoted text>
GO ON EBAY TYPE IN AYILO
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4266 Feb 19, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I have heard that tailors chalk is good, haven't tried it myself. Is it earthy?
Here is some info on this brand of chalk - I see it's mainly American clay with "whitening powders". Anybody have any idea what those powders would be and whether they're safe to eat?
Thanks.
https://www.walterhesse.com/product.php...
Really earthy taste...no need to roast...ingredients say...clay...I buy the white ....with no color....amazing taste and texture...try it...it is available in target, Walmart
Priya

Plymouth, MN

#4267 Feb 19, 2013
zenith wrote:
i am from india and i bet u will forget all other types once u taste the roasted clay from india.i can get it for u . cost 5$ per kg. shipping charges extra. i just love roasted clay.
Where r u zenith...we want to buy the clay from u
Priya

Plymouth, MN

#4268 Feb 19, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> GO ON EBAY TYPE IN AYILO
Send us the link pleaseeee
rinkie

Lucknow, India

#4269 Feb 19, 2013
canyou sand me this lay stone in lucknow
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4270 Feb 20, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you get the clay from this time?
It's an old batch that I got from Leslie . I just tried to bake the little handful if clay I have left to see what did it taste like & that experience didn't go so well .
Iheartclay

Liverpool, UK

#4271 Feb 20, 2013
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/GHANA-CLAY-AYILO-SHIRE... $T2eC16h,!)!E9s2fD)VbBQlV(oips g~~60_57.JPG
Iheartclay

Liverpool, UK

#4272 Feb 20, 2013
india indu

San Francisco, CA

#4274 Feb 20, 2013
Iheartclay wrote:
http://i.ebayimg.com/t/GHANA-C LAY-AYILO-SHIRE-/00/s/NzY4WDEw MjQ=/$T2eC16h,!)!E9s2fD)VbBQlV (oipsg~~60_57.JPG
Link for kenya clay odowa pleassseeee
mary tyler

Dallas, TX

#4275 Feb 20, 2013
Thanks Iheart clay that the one . I order some from them 2 .I just email Leslie asking here to help put a picture of the plate of grayish egg shape ghana clay on the. Forum
Info

Rochester, UK

#4276 Feb 20, 2013
amina wrote:
i also love eating clay and know how bad it feels wen u want to eat it and cant get it.if there is any one who wants clay and can't get it,send me a message on [email protected] can send u clay at a low cost with shipping inclusive.for those who want send me a message and i will tell u more
Hey Indu India why don't email this lady who posted last year from Kampala, Uganda. Maybe she can help out with the Odowa. Let us know on the forum if your successful.
Mary

Lumberton, TX

#4277 Feb 20, 2013
Priya wrote:
<quoted text>
Send us the link pleaseeee
Did You see the picture? Iheartclay posted the link. Is that the roasted clay you are asking about?
Priya

Plymouth, MN

#4279 Feb 20, 2013
seema wrote:
http://extrawellrounded.files. wordpress.com/2012/11/clay-roa sted.jpg
Do they sell this soft grey roasted stones/clay there??? Do u eat these or somethig else/
Here is the link of odowa Kenya clay....grey on the outside white in the inside roasted...never sticks to the mouth....earthy taste...amazing smell
Http://exteawellrounded.files.wordpress.com/2...
Priya

Plymouth, MN

#4280 Feb 20, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text> Did You see the picture? Iheartclay posted the link. Is that the roasted clay you are asking about?
http://www.google.com/search... |0;d|qYk2LsI5KI50EM:
Priya

Plymouth, MN

#4281 Feb 20, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text> Did You see the picture? Iheartclay posted the link. Is that the roasted clay you are asking about?
Dear Mary,
http://www.google.com/search... |0;d|qYk2LsI5KI50EM:

The picture that says NAKUMATT...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Energy drinks 'cause mental health problems and... 4 hr Suezanne 5
News Should food stamps be used to buy soda and cand... (Mar '17) Nov 18 kibbutz kommies 5
News Q&A with... Dr. Wendy Wolfson, a board-certifie... Nov 17 humanspirit 1
News A Comforting Breakfast to Savor this Season Nov 15 GAG 1
News Nation-Now 44 mins ago 1:43 p.m.The long, stran... Nov 10 Ex Senator Stillb... 1
News To bear healthy babies (Oct '08) Oct 23 CaDad 3
News Food4Kids has local drop-off point (Dec '13) Oct '17 Gtown Bread Basket 3
More from around the web