Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9263 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Madhuri

Ballston Spa, NY

#4239 Feb 18, 2013
Hi, I would like to buy your roasted clay chunks, that look like grey stones. Do you ship to the US?

Also, do you have a picture of the grey stones that I can refer to so that we know that we're talking about the same thing?

Thanks,
Madhuri
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do sell the chunks on their own. The promo was just to introduce the chunks.
Madhuri

Ballston Spa, NY

#4240 Feb 18, 2013
Hi

I'm looking for the kenyan grey soft stones that are sold at Nakumatt.

Do you sell/ship those to the US?

PLs let me know. My email addr. is [email protected]

Thanks,
Madhuri
kenya soft grey stones wrote:
<quoted text>
I want the one you see in the picture..GREY ROASTED CLAY""
do u know where to buy it.
Madhuri

Ballston Spa, NY

#4241 Feb 18, 2013
Hello,

Can you give me the email addr. of zenith too who sells clay from india?

I tried to find him on this forum but couldn't find.

Thanks,
Madhuri
kenya soft grey stones wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Zennith,
please buy me some clay from india. My emial [email protected] Let me know how much money?
ackee

Bronx, NY

#4242 Feb 18, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Imagine a drug addict or alcoholic saying this. Eek. As long as you don't 'idolise' clay and maintain a 'healthy' relationship with it. We have to be able to cope without it otherwise it will take over.
That is a very good point. Food for thought.
Madhuri

Ballston Spa, NY

#4243 Feb 18, 2013
Hello,
I have been trying to find zenith who has posted on this forum that he has the roasted clay bags that I'm looking for. However, I couldn't find him on this forum.
Did u get roasted clay from him? Do you have his contact details such as email addr?
If you do, please write to me at [email protected]
Thanks,
Madhuri
Hema

Plymouth, MN

#4244 Feb 18, 2013
Madhuri wrote:
Hi
I'm looking for the kenyan grey soft stones that are sold at Nakumatt.
Do you sell/ship those to the US?
PLs let me know. My email addr. is [email protected]
Thanks,
Madhuri
<quoted text>
I am also looking for soft grey stones sold at nakumatt ....I am from Bombay living in USA...we get theses roasted grayish black clay in small stores in India...so yummy like the taste of rain falling on dry earth...crunchy...does not stick like multaniI mitti...it is called matti in India..Madurai I love that grey clay...let me know if you find it..plleeeaaaseee
Vandan

Plymouth, MN

#4245 Feb 18, 2013
Madhuri wrote:
Hi, I would like to buy your roasted clay chunks, that look like grey stones. Do you ship to the US?
Also, do you have a picture of the grey stones that I can refer to so that we know that we're talking about the same thing?
Thanks,
Madhuri
<quoted text>
Can you send me a picture of the clay you eat.....where did u buy them from when u were in India...I know it is available in Mumbai and Gujarat...at the stores that sell roasted chan, peanuts, bhel items...right? So yummy dieting for it..heeeellllpppp
Vandan

Plymouth, MN

#4246 Feb 18, 2013
seema wrote:
http://extrawellrounded.files. wordpress.com/2012/11/clay-roa sted.jpg
Do they sell this soft grey roasted stones/clay there??? Do u eat these or somethig else/
I have heard if you go to a African food store..they sell these roasted grey clay for 1.50 a bag...have u tried that....I made a few phone calls to African food store....u have to ask for odowa, which means chewing grey stones....one of the stores told me they have it....but it is far away and I do not drive..I am ashamed to tell anyone to take me....:(:(.:
Vandan

Plymouth, MN

#4247 Feb 18, 2013
Madhuri wrote:
Hello,
I have been trying to find zenith who has posted on this forum that he has the roasted clay bags that I'm looking for. However, I couldn't find him on this forum.
Did u get roasted clay from him? Do you have his contact details such as email addr?
If you do, please write to me at [email protected]
Thanks,
Madhuri
Write to me [email protected] Mai bhi India si hoon... Mujaheddin matti boot pasand hai..dying for it...
Matti Kim bena mana Nashe lagta hai
Mary

Lumberton, TX

#4248 Feb 18, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
I want to try the Ghana Clay and see how it tastes. The white clay is not giving me the earthy taste that I'm seeking.
FOR EARTHY TASTE YOU SHOULD TRY GHANA CLAY ( IT HAS A SMOKE TASTE AND TINY PEBBLES).THE PROMOTIONAL CLAY HAS NO PEBBLES,I JUST ORDER THAT ONE AS WELL.FOR ME I PREFER MY WHITE CLAY BAKE (NOT MICROWAVE),THEN LEAVE IN BROWN PAPER BAGS FOR DAYS /EVEN WEEKS.I THINK YOU MIGHT LIKE IT BETTER.
Sarita usa

Plymouth, MN

#4249 Feb 18, 2013
Ayilo eater wrote:
Just finished eating the egglike shaped clay from ghana, wow.. Amazing. Got it from the African market.. It was soooooo smooth and creamy. Gosh i cant describe it.but i eat it once or twice in amonth and i drink lots of water too..please dont over eat it, can cause health problems.. But i love it. Enjoy your clay
What do you ask for when you go to African market?

Since: Jan 13

Singapore

#4250 Feb 19, 2013
Clay? I think you might have Pica...
Chalk lover

Northampton, UK

#4251 Feb 19, 2013
Hi all, hope everyone's doing well

Just to let you know that I've got white dirt (kaolin clay for sale on ebay now. You can still email me too [email protected]
Here is the ebay link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Kaolin-Clay-White-D...

The ebay search is 'kaolin clay chunks' and the category is 'Health & Beauty'.

Will also be selling DE, white chalks and kaolin powder on ebay once I set it up. Will let you know when it's done.

Take care and God bless
Chalk lover

Northampton, UK

#4252 Feb 19, 2013
Hi again,

DE (diatomaceous earth) now for sale on ebay cheapest price so far. Here is the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diatomaceous-earth-...

The ebay search is 'Diatomaceous earth' and the category is 'Health & Beauty' under the tab 'Buy it now'

God bless
Alexx

United States

#4254 Feb 19, 2013
So I tried to bake some of my white dirt in the oven . I set the oven on 350(electric oven) & let it sit in there for no more than 10 mins & it was started smoking . Like the clay was smoking & it the smoke was coming out the oven & so I took it out hoping that'll stop the smoke & when I touch the clay it was warm on my finger but when I tried to eat it , it burnt my tongue ! I will never try to bake clay again . I'll just leave it in a brown paper bag & let it dry out . I'm glad nobody else expierenced this problem . But I would love to know what the clay will taste like baked .

Drinking cold water , soothing my tongue .
monica

Ridgeland, MS

#4255 Feb 19, 2013
Alexx sorry to hear that baking your white dirt didn't go so well! I baked mine in a oven safe parchment paper bag I also have a electric oven! The dirt is extremely hot right out of the oven or microwave Mary Tyler posted bake time about 30min! Baked inside the parchment paper bag kinda taste like roasted peanuts after cooling just enough to pop it in my mouth! Something we just can't wait!
mary tyler

United States

#4256 Feb 19, 2013
Sarita usa wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you ask for when you go to African market?
Ghana Clay I think the Pet names are shyilo( something like that)[email protected] Alexx sorry to hear your baking experience didnt turn out well ..Keep trying use that safety bag or depending on your oven setting try and bring temp down. 300 middle rack watch closely ..GoodLuck
Mary

Lumberton, TX

#4257 Feb 19, 2013
@Leslie receive my clay today nice & smooth thanks.
Vandan

Plymouth, MN

#4258 Feb 19, 2013
mary tyler wrote:
<quoted text> Ghana Clay I think the Pet names are shyilo( something like that)[email protected] Alexx sorry to hear your baking experience didnt turn out well ..Keep trying use that safety bag or depending on your oven setting try and bring temp down. 300 middle rack watch closely ..GoodLuck
Jems clay tailors chalk.....on amazon.....tastes amazing....made out of clay...smooth.....crunchy....r oasted
Madhuri

Ballston Spa, NY

#4259 Feb 19, 2013
Rita wrote:
t>the clay I am talking about is the one sold in India or Kenya. Grey on the outside and white inside. Grey soft stones. It is not the gerogia white clay. This is sold in India roasted and ready to eat.
Hi,

Can you tell me where can I find the grey roasted stones? I love eating those. Do you know anyone who ships them here?

Please let me know at [email protected]

Thanks,
Madhuri

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Energy drinks 'cause mental health problems and... Mon Suezanne 4
News Should food stamps be used to buy soda and cand... (Mar '17) Nov 18 kibbutz kommies 5
News Q&A with... Dr. Wendy Wolfson, a board-certifie... Nov 17 humanspirit 1
News A Comforting Breakfast to Savor this Season Nov 15 GAG 1
News Nation-Now 44 mins ago 1:43 p.m.The long, stran... Nov 10 Ex Senator Stillb... 1
News To bear healthy babies (Oct '08) Oct 23 CaDad 3
News Food4Kids has local drop-off point (Dec '13) Oct '17 Gtown Bread Basket 3
More from around the web