Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9230 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Alexx

Stone Mountain, GA

#4219 Feb 17, 2013
Not a home for the weekend & didn't bring any clay w/ me . Really craving some right now . I usually bring some w/ me but then I would have the white powder all over my lips . Ready to get home & have some chunks of clay . Mmmm I can taste the earth & the dryness in my mouth . Don't know what I'll do when I run out .:(
Iheartclay

Dukinfield, UK

#4220 Feb 17, 2013
@Soulsista

Do you sell just the chunks on their own? I prefer them to the shaped clay. Please let me know. I'd like to buy a bag of chunks.
Yeshi Gemaneh

Oakland, CA

#4221 Feb 17, 2013
Probably is a matter of choosing the right word - normal in the sense whoever living regular life; who would participate or share life style of majority; someone who have no shortage of regular food, those who are accustomed to consume from standard food market. I never saw clay being sold at food shop as regular food. That was I meant normal in defining only in food consumption, because at times at places where there is shortage of food – people are abide to eat whatever they found; since they have no choices.
Lydia

United States

#4222 Feb 17, 2013
I have been eating roasted clay for almost three years now.i read somewhere that it contains lead and it can cause kidney failure, cancer and brain damage.is this realy true?i am scared now
Soul Sista

Coleford, UK

#4223 Feb 18, 2013
Iheartclay wrote:
@Soulsista
Do you sell just the chunks on their own? I prefer them to the shaped clay. Please let me know. I'd like to buy a bag of chunks.
Yes, I do sell the chunks on their own. The promo was just to introduce the chunks.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4224 Feb 18, 2013
I wnt to buy ghhanian clay in india can you post this clay inindia
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4225 Feb 18, 2013
Multani mitti is soft clay stick in my mouth i want hard nonsticky earthy clay
dirtnclay

London, UK

#4226 Feb 18, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I do sell the chunks on their own. The promo was just to introduce the chunks.
What's the pricing on that??
mary tyler

Bridge City, TX

#4227 Feb 18, 2013
Lydia wrote:
I have been eating roasted clay for almost three years now.i read somewhere that it contains lead and it can cause kidney failure, cancer and brain damage.is this realy true?i am scared now
@ Lydia not sure about the roasted clay your eating what is name of this clay ? The clay called Nzu ,or calabar chalk is what have said to contain Lead, and other harmful chemical and have been pull from shelves.But one really doesnt know If any of this clay is truley free Lead unless we test all the clay before we eat.They have been previous post asking about the Ghana egg shape clay If it also contain Lead but doing a little research my self I couldnt find any evidence supporting this about the Ghana Clay .I know the Ghana Clay is very good to me and I plan on keep eating it ,but will try my hardest to do consume in moderation.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4228 Feb 18, 2013
Can you send me this clay in india
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#4229 Feb 18, 2013
mary tyler wrote:
<quoted text> @ Ackee I order some Ghana Clay for the 1st time I have ate all with in 24 hours .It's so good and earthy but so small .lol I ate them little 18 egg shape clay with in a day ..I feel good no side effect but on your experience with Ghana Clay do you think that to much ? How much of the Ghana Clay is a safe amount to consme in a day?. I have ate my. Grey construction clay for years I know the when to eat in moderating on it and stop..I can see how it can come so addictive cause If I had a market here near me that sells that kind of clay I honestly know I would be there weekly.
Did you microwave the clay or just ate it straight out of the bag since it was already roasted? I'm thinking about trying something different because I'm still not quite getting the taste I'm looking for from white dirt.
opinion please

UK

#4230 Feb 18, 2013
Clay it will never break your heart, betray you, stress you, say hurtful stuff, or exploit you. It is very comforting at our most vulnerable times and when you've got the right supply it is magic. The feeling of satisfaction, calm and content is euphoric.
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#4231 Feb 18, 2013
Mmmm I've been w/o my clay for 4 days & I'm finally back home w/ it & it taste so smooth & creamy in my mouth . The flavor is so earthy . I think I'll have another chunk now lol .
Mary Tyler

Lumberton, TX

#4232 Feb 18, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you microwave the clay or just ate it straight out of the bag since it was already roasted? I'm thinking about trying something different because I'm still not quite getting the taste I'm looking for from white dirt
Alabama Red Which clay are you referring to the White Clay or Ghana Clay?
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#4233 Feb 18, 2013
@opinion please, Well Said!!!
ackee

Bronx, NY

#4234 Feb 18, 2013
opinion please wrote:
Clay it will never break your heart, betray you, stress you, say hurtful stuff, or exploit you. It is very comforting at our most vulnerable times and when you've got the right supply it is magic. The feeling of satisfaction, calm and content is euphoric.
That is so true.Well said
Clayaholic

London, UK

#4235 Feb 18, 2013
opinion please wrote:
Imagine a drug addict or alcoholic saying this. Eek. As long as you don't 'idolise' clay and maintain a 'healthy' relationship with it. We have to be able to cope without it otherwise it will take over.
Alabama Red

Bessemer, AL

#4236 Feb 18, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>Alabama Red Which clay are you referring to the White Clay or Ghana Clay?
I want to try the Ghana Clay and see how it tastes. The white clay is not giving me the earthy taste that I'm seeking.
Madhuri

Ballston Spa, NY

#4237 Feb 18, 2013
Hello,
Have u found the roasted grey stones here in the US? If you have, please let me know too. I want to order it.
Thanks,
Madhuri
Vandan wrote:
<quoted text>
R u in India can you send it to me. Do u eat the same one in the picture. Send me your email. I did not think they sell in paint shop. When I was in India I always bought if from small shops that sell roasted, peanuts, Chana and bhel items.
Madhuri

Ballston Spa, NY

#4238 Feb 18, 2013
Hello Rinkie,

Have you found anyone who ships this clay to the US? If yes, do let me know. I want to buy/order it here in the US too.

THanks,
Madhuri
Rinkie wrote:
Can you send me this clay in india

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nation-Now 40 mins ago 6:50 a.m.Tennessee bill:... Jan 18 TLC 1
News Two-thirds of packaged foods and drinks in Cana... Jan 13 blame it on Redpaths 1
News Intravenous vitamin C tested to fight cancer (Jun '06) Jan 12 johncatz 34
News Ontario School Receives Grant From DuPont Pioneer Jan 10 4 Cabin Fever etc 1
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Dec '16 Ozz1 50
News Puppy Pals Ranch Announces a Special 'Long Term... (May '08) Dec '16 St Francis 11
News Federal subsidy failing to keep northern food h... Dec '16 yet 1
More from around the web