Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,941
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Read more
mary tyler

Silsbee, TX

#4194 Feb 16, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@Mary I hope you get your ghana clay soon because in my opinion once you try the saltless ghana clay there no turning back. you will love the earthy taste,the crunch, and how it melt in your mouth Lol.
@ loveclay you were so right ,Ready to place another order the smoke taste is awesome ! This time ordering enough to last me a couple of month.
ackee

Bronx, NY

#4195 Feb 16, 2013
@mary tyler
I do not eat ghanian clay. I have tried it it was okay but I think I would have preferred it in its natural state. That seems like a lot of clay to consume in one day. That must be the one that hit the spot. Sometimes I can go a little crazy with the clay but I have cut down tremendously.I have had 2 lbs of clay and it last me for about 3 months. I did not eat it everyday but a little nibble now and then.

That is what happens when you get good clay that pleases your palate. You just want to eat it all up. Then you eat it all and wish you had some more that is when the craves can intensify. When you do not have any left. just wishing you had one little piece to eat.
ackee

Bronx, NY

#4196 Feb 16, 2013
Yeshi Gemaneh wrote:
Years back I watched in the world news, mother gave her hungry child mud that was out of desperation; in order to save his life, at normal circumstance if regular food is available why normal person eat clay or dirt?
WE do eat food. It is called pica. It just that our body crave these odd things. We ourselves are confuse about it. Some of us suffer from various things that cause us to eat clay. It just taste real good to us. Eating of clay is nothing new it goes back to Ancient Greece. It is also use in a variety of everyday things.
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#4197 Feb 16, 2013
@Soul Sista,my ghana clay came in today the taste is earthy and smoky. I especially want to thank you for the saltless clay from cameroun sample, the taste is earthy,creaming,and smoky with no pebbles like the ghana clay,thanks again soul sista.
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#4198 Feb 16, 2013
@mary,I can tell you really love the ghana clay Lol.make sure you add extra fiber to your diet just incase of constipation.
Soul Sista

Stockport, UK

#4199 Feb 16, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
What kind of clay do u have?
I sell the moulded egg shaped Ghana clay and am currently promoting the natural smooth egg shaped chunky Ghanaian clay which has not yet been moulded. This promo ends on midnight on Sunday.
Soul Sista

Stockport, UK

#4200 Feb 16, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> Soul Sista so the promotional clay has no little pepples in it at all and also If order 3 bags of moldes u get 2 bags of natural unmoled clay ?
Yes, the promotional clay has no pebbles in it at all and if you order 3 bags of moulds, for the promo you get 4 bags of moulds and 1 bag of natural clay.
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#4201 Feb 16, 2013
@mary,I think I order too many of the saltless ghana clay. i've been on my iron pill for 2 month so far my craving for clay is going away, if you like I can send you 2 and half bag of the clay just pay shipping and handing.
Soul Sista

Stockport, UK

#4202 Feb 16, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@Soul Sista,my ghana clay came in today the taste is earthy and smoky. I especially want to thank you for the saltless clay from cameroun sample, the taste is earthy,creaming,and smoky with no pebbles like the ghana clay,thanks again soul sista.
I sure am glad that your clay eventually came through. That saltless clay, is dug from Ho, which is in the Volta Region of Ghana. It is the only part of the country that has that type of clay so it is a bit expensive and only sold in a big market called Makola, in Accra, the capital of Ghana. My sister and cousin visited Ghana a couple of weeks back and visited the clay market in Ghana where only clay in sold and bought it then. I have pics and will post them soon. Very mouth watering and lovely to watch.
mary tyler

Silsbee, TX

#4203 Feb 16, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@ loveclay Glad to hear you receive your clay! Eat and enjoy Cheers
mary

Silsbee, TX

#4204 Feb 16, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@mary,I think I order too many of the saltless ghana clay. i've been on my iron pill for 2 month so far my craving for clay is going away, if you like I can send you 2 and half bag of the clay just pay shipping and handing.
@ love clay Yes I sure will appreciate it and take care of shipping/handling plus since were both in the US it will be quicker .Email is kenzie3170@gmail.com
random

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4205 Feb 17, 2013
Have any one of you become a diabeti from eating argo cornstarch?
random

Saint Petersburg, FL

#4206 Feb 17, 2013
typo *Diabetic
mary tyler

Hurst, TX

#4207 Feb 17, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
I understand exactly where you are coming from. I am a heavy clay eater myself so know what you are talking about. You need to cut down on your daily intake of clay. It is difficult, I know but you need some sort of self discipline. You cannot stop suddenly so try eating at most 2 a day. One in the morning and one in the evening. I cld eat abt 50pcs a day but now I discipline myself to eating 2 a day. I feel terrible the whole day and my mouth waters for clay but you need to allow your body a bit of rest from clay. A doctor once told me that when I hv the urge to eat clay I should eat choclate and drink loads of water. It did help me, especially that I hv a sweet tooth as well. But I put on a lot of weight so hv cut back on the chocs. I must admit that on certain days I break boundaries and eat about 10pcs. That I know is inevitable, but I have at least cut down on the consumption. I think we can support each other on this. When I popped my evening one into my mouth, my brother jokingly commented that this addiction is just like drugs. I jokingly replied that it doesn't make mei high. But it is true, just like drugs. We can't do without it but we should support each other to reduce the intake. Please share your experiences.
@ Soul Sista I was just reading previous post of Ghana Clay eater .I didn't know you ate so much but I can see how cause that clay is so good It's has that smoke taste which is what Iike along with the earthy ,crunchy , while I'm chewing. Yes it didn't No time for them 3 bags to go .But I try had to eat in moderation with loads of water . Thanks Again Soul Sista
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4210 Feb 17, 2013
Very well said Leslie!
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#4211 Feb 17, 2013
Good morning everyone! Enjoying my dirt from Leslie. I have my dirt in my paper bag opened sitting in my window. Sun is shining!!!!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4212 Feb 17, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Good morning everyone! Enjoying my dirt from Leslie. I have my dirt in my paper bag opened sitting in my window. Sun is shining!!!!
Hi Mz libra, how does the dirt compare to your cornstarch? Which do you enjoy more?

Oh, also, is it all white or do you have any that is reddish?
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#4213 Feb 17, 2013
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mz libra, how does the dirt compare to your cornstarch? Which do you enjoy more?
Oh, also, is it all white or do you have any that is reddish?
it's a tie....lol!!!!!! It's all white.... The cornstarch is good bcuz I like the softness and the squeaky sound. The taste is creamy going down. The dirt is crunchy and then creamy as well. Sometimes I like the crunch first and then other times I like the softness first. Kinda hard to explain.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4214 Feb 17, 2013
I'm having some cornstarch right now, that has been lightly microwaved dry. It's good, but I feel like I'm just making do - been so long since I've had real clay chunks.

I'm eager to try Leslie's clay and Wanda's too, but hesitating due to shipping costs - if I love it, and I'm sure I would, would be too expensive to keep buying enough to feed my habit (would be like an expensive drug addiction probably!)
Alexx

Lithonia, GA

#4215 Feb 17, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text> it's a tie....lol!!!!!! It's all white.... The cornstarch is good bcuz I like the softness and the squeaky sound. The taste is creamy going down. The dirt is crunchy and then creamy as well. Sometimes I like the crunch first and then other times I like the softness first. Kinda hard to explain.
You'll enjoy the powder . It's so soft & creamy . A spoonful taste soo good compared to a a few chunks of white dirt . I love the crunch but I love having that dry feeling in my mouth from the powder . What does cornstarch taste like ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... 5 hr buffygirlky 2
News Northeast, Blue Cross team up for 'fitNEss' 16 hr Why teach 1
News States to test ways to send food stamp recipien... Mar 26 Sneaky Pete 9
Should Nutrition class be taught in schools? Mar 20 hmsmith 1
News Female and losing your hair? Don't worry h- her... Mar 17 Chispita13 1
News Women Across The World Are Suffering From Baldn... Mar 17 Chispita13 1
News Influence Game: Meat industry fights new dietar... Mar 15 goonsquad 7
More from around the web