Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
3,941 - 3,960 of 8,081 Comments Last updated 20 min ago
Sour Clay Lover

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Hello, I see some people put ur clay in a paper bag to get an earthier taste, how long should one leave it in the paper bag?
Mary Tyler

Addison, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it varies for each individual depending on their tastes but a few days in a paper bag gives a different taste.
Any suggestions for Sour Clay Lover lady and gents?
Once I bake my clay I leave it in the paper bag I eat from my brown paper bag like a bag of popcorn..lol @ Leslie have you bake you a batch yet?

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Sour Clay Lover wrote:
Hello, I see some people put ur clay in a paper bag to get an earthier taste, how long should one leave it in the paper bag?
I leave it in paper bag for a couple days. I like that sour clay. WHEN that clay is sour it really brings out that sour taste. and the smell is amazing!!!! mm mm good.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Loving the taste of multani mitti love the earthy crunchy taste
Iheartclay

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Ooo got me some clay from Zimbabwe. The same as Mavu's. Tastes sooo good! Crumbly, earthy, dusty, creamy, crunchy..basically all you could ask for in clay! I better not eat it all at once! Don't know the next time I'll get some.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

No body reply me
where can i found georgia white clay in india
Rita shah

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Rinkie wrote:
Loving the taste of multani mitti love the earthy crunchy taste
where did u buy it from?
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Anyone who sells clay from India in UK...
Meh

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Rinkie wrote:
No body reply me
where can i found georgia white clay in india
Hello rinkie, as much as I know white clay is not often use in India, you might search on the website like amazon or any other who sells out of here.
india indu

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

zaheera wrote:
http://www.google.com/search...
what kind do ulike?
india indu

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

zaheera wrote:
I eat the soft roasted grey stones, called matti in INDIA, that come in chunks, never sticks in the mouth and is pre baked...I am longing for those...where do you buy yours/
Meee258

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Lmbo ok so I was caught nibbling on clay at work. My friend tried it and likes it....wowwwwww!!!! She started eating it.... I love the baked dirt. It's great!!!! Tastes great.
Mel

South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Hey Meee258,

It seems every1 wants a piece of ur clay, first ur bf and nw ur friend lol
Meee258

Euless, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Mel wrote:
Hey Meee258,

It seems every1 wants a piece of ur clay, first ur bf and nw ur friend lol
Lol
Alabama Red

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

I'm waiting for my 2nd batch of white dirt to arrive. At first I did not care for the taste but after microwaving it the taste was better. This time I will microwave as well as bake it to see if I get the same earthy taste as Mary.
Alabama Red

Duluth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Alabama Red
I took Mary and Meee's advice and I baked it in my gas oven (have not done this for years)on a cookie sheet.
It tasted better than in the microwave. If I find the patience, I will do it this way more often. I let my nieces taste it and they agree that oven baking taste better. But the microwave will do when quick is the idea :)
How long did you let it cook & at what temp?
Can't wait for it to arrive!!!
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

I've been working on my powder clay for the longest & since I'm just eating powder clay , my chunks of clay are just sitting in a brown paper bag & it's been sitting in there drying out for a long time . The longer it dries the earthier & crunchier it gets .:) but I'm starting to like the powder form more now . How it easily melts in your mouth & no white residue on your fingers since your eating it from a spoon . & it also seems like a spoonful of powder clay is more than enough . I know I'll have to eat plenty chunks of clay to get that right amount in my mouth . Personal opinion . But maybe someone else feels the same or looking for a moderation technique , so I shared my story .

I'm glad everybody else ate enjoying their clay .:)
Mary Tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Alabama Red
I took Mary and Meee's advice and I baked it in my gas oven (have not done this for years)on a cookie sheet.
It tasted better than in the microwave. If I find the patience, I will do it this way more often. I let my nieces taste it and they agree that oven baking taste better. But the microwave will do when quick is the idea :)
@ Alabama Red & Leslie I'm so glad you'll tried it . I knew you'll would like it especially when it hot straight out the oven. "Cheers"
clayface

Voorhees, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 12, 2013

stop watching batman
ayilo lady

Accra, Ghana

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2013

would like to add my voice to the search for lead in ayilo please. kindly let us know if there is any lead in it. it would probably help in the abstaining process. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
One man's uphill battle against childhood obesity Aug 20 tyimmy 1
Chiropractors as family doctors: Once denounced... Aug 18 Chiropractor from... 12
Knee joint replacment surgery Aug 18 BossGirl 25
Defeat insomnia and sleep easy with these top f... (Oct '13) Aug 17 Jack 6
CRN-I aims for new audience with supplement qua... Aug 16 LEGALISE STEROIDS 2
FDA Approves Diet Drug to Treat Overweight Adults (Jun '12) Aug 16 PIRTYES 12
San Juan County schools districts adjust to new... Aug 15 lolol 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••