Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,342
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Sour Clay Lover

South Africa

#4082 Feb 12, 2013
Hello, I see some people put ur clay in a paper bag to get an earthier taste, how long should one leave it in the paper bag?
Mary Tyler

Addison, TX

#4084 Feb 12, 2013
Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it varies for each individual depending on their tastes but a few days in a paper bag gives a different taste.
Any suggestions for Sour Clay Lover lady and gents?
Once I bake my clay I leave it in the paper bag I eat from my brown paper bag like a bag of popcorn..lol @ Leslie have you bake you a batch yet?

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#4085 Feb 12, 2013
Sour Clay Lover wrote:
Hello, I see some people put ur clay in a paper bag to get an earthier taste, how long should one leave it in the paper bag?
I leave it in paper bag for a couple days. I like that sour clay. WHEN that clay is sour it really brings out that sour taste. and the smell is amazing!!!! mm mm good.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4086 Feb 12, 2013
Loving the taste of multani mitti love the earthy crunchy taste
Iheartclay

UK

#4087 Feb 12, 2013
Ooo got me some clay from Zimbabwe. The same as Mavu's. Tastes sooo good! Crumbly, earthy, dusty, creamy, crunchy..basically all you could ask for in clay! I better not eat it all at once! Don't know the next time I'll get some.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4088 Feb 12, 2013
No body reply me
where can i found georgia white clay in india
Rita shah

San Francisco, CA

#4091 Feb 12, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Loving the taste of multani mitti love the earthy crunchy taste
where did u buy it from?
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#4092 Feb 12, 2013
Anyone who sells clay from India in UK...
Meh

Ashburn, VA

#4093 Feb 12, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
No body reply me
where can i found georgia white clay in india
Hello rinkie, as much as I know white clay is not often use in India, you might search on the website like amazon or any other who sells out of here.
india indu

San Francisco, CA

#4094 Feb 12, 2013
zaheera wrote:
http://www.google.com/search...
what kind do ulike?
india indu

San Francisco, CA

#4095 Feb 12, 2013
zaheera wrote:
I eat the soft roasted grey stones, called matti in INDIA, that come in chunks, never sticks in the mouth and is pre baked...I am longing for those...where do you buy yours/
Meee258

Euless, TX

#4096 Feb 12, 2013
Lmbo ok so I was caught nibbling on clay at work. My friend tried it and likes it....wowwwwww!!!! She started eating it.... I love the baked dirt. It's great!!!! Tastes great.
Mel

South Africa

#4097 Feb 12, 2013
Hey Meee258,

It seems every1 wants a piece of ur clay, first ur bf and nw ur friend lol
Meee258

Euless, TX

#4098 Feb 12, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hey Meee258,

It seems every1 wants a piece of ur clay, first ur bf and nw ur friend lol
Lol
Alabama Red

Duluth, GA

#4100 Feb 12, 2013
I'm waiting for my 2nd batch of white dirt to arrive. At first I did not care for the taste but after microwaving it the taste was better. This time I will microwave as well as bake it to see if I get the same earthy taste as Mary.
Alabama Red

Duluth, GA

#4102 Feb 12, 2013
Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Alabama Red
I took Mary and Meee's advice and I baked it in my gas oven (have not done this for years)on a cookie sheet.
It tasted better than in the microwave. If I find the patience, I will do it this way more often. I let my nieces taste it and they agree that oven baking taste better. But the microwave will do when quick is the idea :)
How long did you let it cook & at what temp?
Can't wait for it to arrive!!!
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#4103 Feb 12, 2013
I've been working on my powder clay for the longest & since I'm just eating powder clay , my chunks of clay are just sitting in a brown paper bag & it's been sitting in there drying out for a long time . The longer it dries the earthier & crunchier it gets .:) but I'm starting to like the powder form more now . How it easily melts in your mouth & no white residue on your fingers since your eating it from a spoon . & it also seems like a spoonful of powder clay is more than enough . I know I'll have to eat plenty chunks of clay to get that right amount in my mouth . Personal opinion . But maybe someone else feels the same or looking for a moderation technique , so I shared my story .

I'm glad everybody else ate enjoying their clay .:)
Mary Tyler

United States

#4104 Feb 12, 2013
Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Alabama Red
I took Mary and Meee's advice and I baked it in my gas oven (have not done this for years)on a cookie sheet.
It tasted better than in the microwave. If I find the patience, I will do it this way more often. I let my nieces taste it and they agree that oven baking taste better. But the microwave will do when quick is the idea :)
@ Alabama Red & Leslie I'm so glad you'll tried it . I knew you'll would like it especially when it hot straight out the oven. "Cheers"
clayface

Voorhees, NJ

#4105 Feb 12, 2013
stop watching batman
ayilo lady

Accra, Ghana

#4109 Feb 13, 2013
would like to add my voice to the search for lead in ayilo please. kindly let us know if there is any lead in it. it would probably help in the abstaining process. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Juan County schools districts adjust to new... Mon BeHereNow 5
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) Mon jaya 65
Polish polyphenol study identifies coffee, tea ... Sep 28 Clear Dharma 21
Hardee's Sandwich Piles Meat On More Meat (Apr '06) Sep 28 jeffery luise 40
U.S. nutrition program for mothers, infants see... Sep 25 BeHereNow 3
Passion for food: FoodCorps service worker to h... Sep 24 Profits 1
Knee joint replacment surgery Sep 24 gaile53 28

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE