Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9230 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Iheartclay

Salford, UK

#4124 Feb 13, 2013
Does anyone else find white dirt to be real chalky?? As in it easily transfers on your hands and pretty much gets everywhere?? So annoying!!! Tastes alright though!

Also Leslie have you had any UK orders yet?
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#4125 Feb 13, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@Mary I hope you get your ghana clay soon because in my opinion once you try the saltless ghana clay there no turning back. you will love the earthy taste,the crunch, and how it melt in your mouth Lol.
If it is taking this long to get the clay then I'll die waiting to try it. Can u pay thru PayPal? How did y'all order?
ClayNewbie

Tallahassee, FL

#4126 Feb 13, 2013
I've been munching on my clay chunks from Leslie all day. Sooo good crunchy & smooth. I love it.^_^
Sarita usa

Plymouth, MN

#4127 Feb 13, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
i am also from india ( andhra pradesh) can you tell me who will i get i want it .

Can u buy me Indian roasted clay..I am so addicted can't try anything else please ....I can pay all your cost...grayish black roasted...
Sarita usa

Plymouth, MN

#4128 Feb 13, 2013
zaheera wrote:
<quoted text> no when I was in India I use to eat the one roasted grey ...chunks they were really good...but I can't get it here I am really craving for that ...
. Dying for the rosted grey clay..heeelllpppp
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#4129 Feb 13, 2013
@Meee258 yes you can pay thru paypal but you have to send her a email first at [email protected], she will give you prices and walk you through placing your order.she also have a special going on now.
Clay Curious

Bowie, MD

#4130 Feb 13, 2013
I live in Maryland and I received my clay from Soul Sister last Thursday or Friday. Going to taste it tonight. Can't wait!
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#4131 Feb 13, 2013
Iheartclay wrote:
Does anyone else find white dirt to be real chalky?? As in it easily transfers on your hands and pretty much gets everywhere?? So annoying!!! Tastes alright though!
Also Leslie have you had any UK orders yet?
Yes ! Very chalky , to the point you can't eat it out in public w/o it getting all over your fingers & around / on your mouth . It's so annoying but I love the taste though .
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4132 Feb 13, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
I am doing a special promotion on my clay from now till midnight on Friday 15th Feb only and wanted to let you know about it. For every £3 worth of clay you buy, you get £2 worth of clay free (without cost). 1 bag will consist of chunky bits of Ghanaian clay which is very smooth, earthy and creamy, without bits and in its original form as it was dug from the ground (not moulded). Instead of 6 pieces in a bag you get 8 pieces of the moulded clay per bag just for this promotion. The customer will pay the postage cost. Please send your promotion orders to [email protected]
Hi Soul Sista, I have a few questions if you don't mind.

I see that you also have natural Ghanaian clay, which sounds delicious. I've seen the video where the clay is smashed up and then mixed and moulded, and wondered what the natural chunk clay tasted like. It looks quite hard; is it? Do you know what the reason is that they mould it, and not just eat it in its natural state?

Also, do you ship internationally?

Thanks.
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#4133 Feb 13, 2013
@Clay Curious, I am so jealous my mouth is watery Lol.how long did it take for you to received your order.
Mary Tyler

Lithonia, GA

#4134 Feb 13, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
If it is taking this long to get the clay then I'll die waiting to try it. Can u pay thru PayPal? How did y'all order?
Yes you can pay thur Pay Pal that how I paid .
Mary Tyler

Lithonia, GA

#4135 Feb 13, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@Mary I hope you get your ghana clay soon because in my opinion once you try the saltless ghana clay there no turning back. you will love the earthy taste,the crunch, and how it melt in your mouth Lol.
@love clay When it do I arrive if its as good as you and other say it is ,I hope I DONT eat all the bags at once Lol ..What is the special
Sour Clay Lover

South Africa

#4138 Feb 14, 2013
Hello again... I think I over roasted my clay, its a bit too hard, will putting it in a paper bag for a couple of days help change the taste? It is brown kind of clay
Clay Curious

Bowie, MD

#4139 Feb 14, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@Clay Curious, I am so jealous my mouth is watery Lol.how long did it take for you to received your order.
Hi it took about 7 or 8 business days
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#4140 Feb 14, 2013
@Mary,The special is from Soul Sista on page 201,too long for me to explain.hope you get your clay today.
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#4141 Feb 14, 2013
@Clay Curious, you are lucky to get your order so soon. is the ghana clay the only clay you like to eat or have you every try the white dirt.me personally I always seen to have problem with the white dirt like constipation or allergic reaction unlike the gehan clay.
Clay Curious

Bowie, MD

#4142 Feb 14, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@Clay Curious, you are lucky to get your order so soon. is the ghana clay the only clay you like to eat or have you every try the white dirt.me personally I always seen to have problem with the white dirt like constipation or allergic reaction unlike the gehan clay.
@Love clay this is my first time trying all clays. I tried the white. The batch I got was tooo sour. I tried Mavu. I don't know but it just didn't seem earthy to me like some of the others described it. The Ghana clay is good. One bag had a funny taste in it that I think was picked up during travel. Kind of the smell/taste of exhaust. The others were good.
Mary

Lumberton, TX

#4143 Feb 14, 2013
Good morning Clay family Just finish placing anoth er order with Leslie again .. THE WHITE CLAY gonna have to hold me until the Ghana clay arrives.
rinkie

Mumbai, India

#4144 Feb 14, 2013
india found a clay pots but the half roasted clay pots is very earthy crunchy ilov it taste
mahi

Delhi, India

#4145 Feb 14, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Loving the taste of multani mitti love the earthy crunchy taste
I am also frm india...
what's ur age...!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nation-Now 40 mins ago 6:50 a.m.Tennessee bill:... Wed TLC 1
News Two-thirds of packaged foods and drinks in Cana... Jan 13 blame it on Redpaths 1
News Intravenous vitamin C tested to fight cancer (Jun '06) Jan 12 johncatz 34
News Ontario School Receives Grant From DuPont Pioneer Jan 10 4 Cabin Fever etc 1
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Dec '16 Ozz1 50
News Puppy Pals Ranch Announces a Special 'Long Term... (May '08) Dec '16 St Francis 11
News Federal subsidy failing to keep northern food h... Dec '16 yet 1
More from around the web