Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9234 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Meee258

Haslet, TX

#4096 Feb 12, 2013
Lmbo ok so I was caught nibbling on clay at work. My friend tried it and likes it....wowwwwww!!!! She started eating it.... I love the baked dirt. It's great!!!! Tastes great.
Mel

South Africa

#4097 Feb 12, 2013
Hey Meee258,

It seems every1 wants a piece of ur clay, first ur bf and nw ur friend lol
Meee258

Haslet, TX

#4098 Feb 12, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hey Meee258,

It seems every1 wants a piece of ur clay, first ur bf and nw ur friend lol
Lol
Alabama Red

Tucker, GA

#4100 Feb 12, 2013
I'm waiting for my 2nd batch of white dirt to arrive. At first I did not care for the taste but after microwaving it the taste was better. This time I will microwave as well as bake it to see if I get the same earthy taste as Mary.
Alabama Red

Tucker, GA

#4102 Feb 12, 2013
Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Alabama Red
I took Mary and Meee's advice and I baked it in my gas oven (have not done this for years)on a cookie sheet.
It tasted better than in the microwave. If I find the patience, I will do it this way more often. I let my nieces taste it and they agree that oven baking taste better. But the microwave will do when quick is the idea :)
How long did you let it cook & at what temp?
Can't wait for it to arrive!!!
Alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#4103 Feb 12, 2013
I've been working on my powder clay for the longest & since I'm just eating powder clay , my chunks of clay are just sitting in a brown paper bag & it's been sitting in there drying out for a long time . The longer it dries the earthier & crunchier it gets .:) but I'm starting to like the powder form more now . How it easily melts in your mouth & no white residue on your fingers since your eating it from a spoon . & it also seems like a spoonful of powder clay is more than enough . I know I'll have to eat plenty chunks of clay to get that right amount in my mouth . Personal opinion . But maybe someone else feels the same or looking for a moderation technique , so I shared my story .

I'm glad everybody else ate enjoying their clay .:)
Mary Tyler

Atlanta, GA

#4104 Feb 12, 2013
Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
Alabama Red
I took Mary and Meee's advice and I baked it in my gas oven (have not done this for years)on a cookie sheet.
It tasted better than in the microwave. If I find the patience, I will do it this way more often. I let my nieces taste it and they agree that oven baking taste better. But the microwave will do when quick is the idea :)
@ Alabama Red & Leslie I'm so glad you'll tried it . I knew you'll would like it especially when it hot straight out the oven. "Cheers"
clayface

Howell, MI

#4105 Feb 12, 2013
stop watching batman
ayilo lady

Ghana

#4109 Feb 13, 2013
would like to add my voice to the search for lead in ayilo please. kindly let us know if there is any lead in it. it would probably help in the abstaining process. lol
india indu

San Francisco, CA

#4110 Feb 13, 2013
mia wrote:
gud to know dat i m not only the one who eat multani mitti(fuller's earth)& chalk....!!!!Is fuller's earth an edible clay?
Have you tried matti greyish black roasted clay sold in india mumbai bazzar..i can not try anything else..that one is sooo good.
ackee

White Plains, NY

#4111 Feb 13, 2013
Is the clay suppose to break up in to little pieces when when you put it in the microwave? I got some clay not earthy but every other aspect of it is good. Trying to get that earthy taste
monica

Belzoni, MS

#4112 Feb 13, 2013
ackee wrote:
Is the clay suppose to break up in to little pieces when when you put it in the microwave? I got some clay not earthy but every other aspect of it is good. Trying to get that earthy taste
Hello ackee! Yes its going to break in small pieces if you look back at Leslie post she gave some really good baking instructions!
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#4113 Feb 13, 2013
@ Mary did you received your clay from Soul Sista, please try to keep me updated because I am still waiting.
Soul Sista

Manchester, UK

#4114 Feb 13, 2013
I am doing a special promotion on my clay from now till midnight on Friday 15th Feb only and wanted to let you know about it. For every £3 worth of clay you buy, you get £2 worth of clay free (without cost). 1 bag will consist of chunky bits of Ghanaian clay which is very smooth, earthy and creamy, without bits and in its original form as it was dug from the ground (not moulded). Instead of 6 pieces in a bag you get 8 pieces of the moulded clay per bag just for this promotion. The customer will pay the postage cost. Please send your promotion orders to [email protected]
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4115 Feb 13, 2013
Any body in india i m from lucknow and there r found only mutani matti in general store no body help me then ifound earthy clay there r
Mary Tyler

United States

#4116 Feb 13, 2013
Love Clay wrote:
@ Mary did you received your clay from Soul Sista, please try to keep me updated because I am still waiting.
No not yet We don't know what happen because I have from Leslie ,Wanda and Tropical Market and receive there clay .My Guess is maybe cause it of state it taking twice as long. I really wanted to taste the Ghana clay cause I love watching the video how is molded and made.
Mz libra

Chesapeake, OH

#4117 Feb 13, 2013
Placed order from Leslie today!!!!!!! Can't wait
zaheera

Edinburgh, UK

#4119 Feb 13, 2013
india indu wrote:
<quoted text>
I eat the soft roasted grey stones, called matti in INDIA, that come in chunks, never sticks in the mouth and is pre baked...I am longing for those...where do you buy yours/
no when I was in India I use to eat the one roasted grey ...chunks they were really good...but I can't get it here I am really craving for that ...
zaheera

Edinburgh, UK

#4120 Feb 13, 2013
kenya soft grey stones wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Zennith,
please buy me some clay from india. My emial [email protected] Let me know how much money?
hey hi I also want t he Indian one please let me the cost...for uk
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#4123 Feb 13, 2013
@Mary I hope you get your ghana clay soon because in my opinion once you try the saltless ghana clay there no turning back. you will love the earthy taste,the crunch, and how it melt in your mouth Lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why Restricting Food Stamp Users From Buying Ju... Fri Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News 14 Arrested In Raids Related to$16 Million Food... Fri Cordwainer Trout 2
News How liberals undermine food stamps Thu Texxy the Selfie Cat 10
News No student should go hungry in Halton Feb 21 Mac 1
News How liberals undermine the food stamp program Feb 18 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News USDA: Percent Of Residents Receiving SNAP Benef... Feb 12 Texxy the Selfie Cat 1
News GOP makes final push for school lunch waiver (Dec '14) Feb 9 Texxy the Selfie Cat 23
More from around the web