Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
3,901 - 3,920 of 7,840 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Indu India

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Mel wrote:
K I finally received sum clay from Jhb, someone actually bought it for me. Its actually the same clay they show in the Mud eating video in Jhb. I got bout 10 big blocks of it. Its so smooth and soft and creamy, this is going to last me quiet some time cos it quiet a lot. I'm going to break it into pieces with a hammer as it will be easier to nibble on. Mmm the taste is devine
What is jhb .... Can you give us the website.
Indu India

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Mel, help us to buy it too. Is it grey in color, roasted , soft stones. From which country.
Mel

Johannesburg, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Hi Indu India,

Jhb is actually a city in South Africa and u can buy the clay from the streets and vendors. This clay is sold in South Africa.
Indu India

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

vandan wrote:
<quoted text>
please tell me where you buy it...
http://www.google.com/search...
Mel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Hi Indu India,

Actually its like dark yellow in colour, and wen u bite a piece of it, its soft, creamy and smooth. I won't be able to send some to u as I am in South Africa and I have no idea about exporting. I would like to try the roasted clay u have been talking about, do u have any idea if they sell it here in South Africa? I'm Indian and I go to the Indian spice shops here in South Africa but I have neva come across any roasted clay, is there another name by which it is called?
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Mel wrote:
Hi Indu India,
Actually its like dark yellow in colour, and wen u bite a piece of it, its soft, creamy and smooth. I won't be able to send some to u as I am in South Africa and I have no idea about exporting. I would like to try the roasted clay u have been talking about, do u have any idea if they sell it here in South Africa? I'm Indian and I go to the Indian spice shops here in South Africa but I have neva come across any roasted clay, is there another name by which it is called?
it is old in store called Nakumatt...it is called roasted clay
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Mel wrote:
Hi Indu India,
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

sold in store called nakumatt...roasted clay, soft grey stones.
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Mel wrote:
Hi Indu India,
http://www.google.com/search
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

kenya soft grey stones wrote:
http://urwhatueat.files.wordpress.com/2008/09 ...

I am sending you the picture Mel.
Mel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Hi Kenya Soft Grey Stones,

Thanks for the info, would like to knw with regards to the video u sent the clay looks kinda yellowish and the picture that u sent the clay looks grey, r da both clays from Kenya
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

zenith wrote:
i am from india and i bet u will forget all other types once u taste the roasted clay from india.i can get it for u . cost 5$ per kg. shipping charges extra. i just love roasted clay.
Hi Zennith,
please buy me some clay from india. My emial emmactivegal@hotmail.com Let me know how much money?
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Mel wrote:
Hi Kenya Soft Grey Stones,
Thanks for the info, would like to knw with regards to the video u sent the clay looks kinda yellowish and the picture that u sent the clay looks grey, r da both clays from Kenya
I want the one you see in the picture..GREY ROASTED CLAY""
do u know where to buy it.
Mary Tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

All these postes of the Kenya Clay the question is Do u know were can buy it ? Pictures is doing nothing but made us Drull..Lol
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

@mary,did you every received your ghana clay from Soul Sista, still waiting on my order.
Mary Tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Love Clay wrote:
@mary,did you every received your ghana clay from Soul Sista, still waiting on my order.
@love clay No its been over 15 days I don't know what happen.
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

@mary,I been waiting 6 business days for my order come Monday.I guess base on your experience I still have more days to wait Lol.
Mary Tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Love Clay wrote:
@mary,I been waiting 6 business days for my order come Monday.I guess base on your experience I still have more days to wait Lol.
@ love clay yes many more (Lol) your gonna have to order another kind to snack on until it arrive that what I did ,I'm waiting on my order from Leslie.
Clayer

Germiston, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Clayer wrote:
Oh yeah definitely bake it coz I started feeling a little off after eating it unbaked plus it tastes better that way.
hi Clayer, seems like we sharing a name, i will be clayer 2 from now on. yes roasted clay is the best. Mavu i'm still waiting for your response concerning your mum's op just hoping it will help us. i'm still enjoying my clay have not finished it yet.
Soul Sista

South Ockendon, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>@ love clay yes many more (Lol) your gonna have to order another kind to snack on until it arrive that what I did ,I'm waiting on my order from Leslie.
Love clay and @Mary Tyler, I'm really sorry for the delay in receiving your clay. Don't know what the delay is because someone else in the USA received her clay last week Thursday and it was posted on the same day I posted for Mary. Anyway, I am hopeful that it has just been delayed and will go to the Post Office on Wednesday, if it still hasn't arrived to trace it. Thanks for your patience.
Mary Tyler

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

@ soulsista okay will due I'll give till Wednesday Thanks for replying .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••