Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,823
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4068 Feb 11, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do u live?
Where do ulive?
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4069 Feb 11, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
And u just asked for clay?
I told them I want clay that pregnant women eat in Africa called odowa...you can also look around in the store.
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#4070 Feb 11, 2013
Rita wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do ulive?
I live in us virginia
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#4071 Feb 11, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in us virginia
Then it should not be a problem in finding an African food store...they know all about it.
Mary

United States

#4072 Feb 11, 2013
Rita wrote:
<quoted text>
For super yummy earthy taste try odowa roasted clay from African grocery store in your area, USA, Uk..they sell it every African store...
Hi Rita I leave in Texas I can't find roasted clay here and defintly not Odowa . Are you gonna start selling the roasted clay so some of us can have a taste?
Mary

United States

#4073 Feb 11, 2013
@Leslie I received my clay today very very discreet I must say. The first thing I did was taste it ! Very chalky I thought and a little earthy. 2nd thing pop it in the oven and Whoop there is! Earthy ,chunky ,hard just LIKE I Like it. Girl I munch on that clay all day I maybe ate to much .So tomorrow I will take several piece to work instead of the entire bag. Well thank you and this clay doesn't stick to your teeth . Almost forgot its in a brown paper bag now getting even earthy.
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#4074 Feb 11, 2013
Mary wrote:
@Leslie I received my clay today very very discreet I must say. The first thing I did was taste it ! Very chalky I thought and a little earthy. 2nd thing pop it in the oven and Whoop there is! Earthy ,chunky ,hard just LIKE I Like it. Girl I munch on that clay all day I maybe ate to much .So tomorrow I will take several piece to work instead of the entire bag. Well thank you and this clay doesn't stick to your teeth . Almost forgot its in a brown paper bag now getting even earthy.
I got mine 2nd batch today... His it from him cuz he will kill it . Can't wait to dry it out in the am. He here now lol. Not sharing for real. My mood got better when I got it.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#4075 Feb 11, 2013
Mary wrote:
So happy for you Mary. Once you baked it that clay sounds just about perfect to me...earthy, chunky, hard and non-sticky. It really spoils it for me when it gets all stuck to your teeth and gums.
Soil Cake

Leicester, UK

#4077 Feb 12, 2013
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#4081 Feb 12, 2013
Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>Meee258
Make sure you wipe your mouth so you don't get caught, lol :)
Lol ok... Up baking it now.
Sour Clay Lover

South Africa

#4082 Feb 12, 2013
Hello, I see some people put ur clay in a paper bag to get an earthier taste, how long should one leave it in the paper bag?
Mary Tyler

Addison, TX

#4084 Feb 12, 2013
Leslieinga wrote:
<quoted text>
I think it varies for each individual depending on their tastes but a few days in a paper bag gives a different taste.
Any suggestions for Sour Clay Lover lady and gents?
Once I bake my clay I leave it in the paper bag I eat from my brown paper bag like a bag of popcorn..lol @ Leslie have you bake you a batch yet?

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#4085 Feb 12, 2013
Sour Clay Lover wrote:
Hello, I see some people put ur clay in a paper bag to get an earthier taste, how long should one leave it in the paper bag?
I leave it in paper bag for a couple days. I like that sour clay. WHEN that clay is sour it really brings out that sour taste. and the smell is amazing!!!! mm mm good.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4086 Feb 12, 2013
Loving the taste of multani mitti love the earthy crunchy taste
Iheartclay

UK

#4087 Feb 12, 2013
Ooo got me some clay from Zimbabwe. The same as Mavu's. Tastes sooo good! Crumbly, earthy, dusty, creamy, crunchy..basically all you could ask for in clay! I better not eat it all at once! Don't know the next time I'll get some.
Rinkie

Ashburn, VA

#4088 Feb 12, 2013
No body reply me
where can i found georgia white clay in india
Rita shah

San Francisco, CA

#4091 Feb 12, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Loving the taste of multani mitti love the earthy crunchy taste
where did u buy it from?
zaheera

Glasgow, UK

#4092 Feb 12, 2013
Anyone who sells clay from India in UK...
Meh

Ashburn, VA

#4093 Feb 12, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
No body reply me
where can i found georgia white clay in india
Hello rinkie, as much as I know white clay is not often use in India, you might search on the website like amazon or any other who sells out of here.
india indu

San Francisco, CA

#4094 Feb 12, 2013
zaheera wrote:
Anyone who sells clay from India in UK...
http://www.google.com/search...
what kind do ulike?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Health Check: do you really need carbs to recov... Wed JenDebee 2
Food-cost crisis shames Far North: 'We can't pr... Jan 25 Yuh Mean 2
Brushton meat shop owner charged with misuse of... Jan 25 bobby 17
Type 2 diabetes exercise and education program ... Jan 24 not all past due ... 1
Dr. Blonz: Supplements can't replace foods Jan 23 Jack 1
Loyola serves up culinary careers to Oakville s... Jan 22 Leviathan 1
Celebrate Registered Dietitian Day with ShopRite (Mar '14) Jan 15 fire house team 4
More from around the web