Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 20 comments on the Dec 7, 2007, GoErie.com story titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

rita

Plymouth, MN

#4023 Feb 10, 2013
Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is my email add if you want to talk more.
disham68@yahoo.co.uk
http://urwhatueat.files.wordpress.com/2008/09
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

#4024 Feb 10, 2013
Greatest

Nigeria

#4025 Feb 10, 2013
Y are there no men complaining of addiction to yummy but dangerous clay? What is DE?
vandan

Plymouth, MN

#4026 Feb 10, 2013
sunita wrote:
hi i have started eating clay since 6 mnths.its like a grey stone.i liove the muddy taste and smell.let me know about your research as im worried about ths habbit. thanks <quoted text>
please tell me where you buy it...
baked clay

Plymouth, MN

#4027 Feb 10, 2013
zenith wrote:
i am from india and i bet u will forget all other types once u taste the roasted clay from india.i can get it for u . cost 5$ per kg. shipping charges extra. i just love roasted clay.
can i buy it from you
Love Clay

Salisbury, MD

#4028 Feb 10, 2013
Hi Leslie,
Thank you for answering my question about the allergic reaction(swollen lip) concerning white dirt,next time I will placed my order with you instead of other company on line.any suggestion on what to do with the white dirt that give me the allergic reaction.

Since: Oct 12

Colchester, UK

#4029 Feb 10, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry dear my friend didn't bring any odowa was so dissapointed.
I feel your disappointment . Pole. If I get I will share
Clayer

UK

#4030 Feb 10, 2013
Got some white dirt from Disha. Took a while because it got lost in the post and then I had to pay extra for her to send it again but she was nice about it and gave me some extra clay for the delay and I'm glad it finally arrived!

I usually buy from Mavu but am currently needing something to fill the void whilst I'm waiting so I thought this would be good. Boy! It's called WHITE dirt for a reason! It's super white and super chalky! She got it from America and looks identical to the one Leslie sells. I have to say that its a lot messier to eat than mavu's. It gets everywhere! It's one of those ones where you couldn't sneak it out in public.

Now the clay itself was okay. Just because of the fact that it was white I wasn't expecting it to taste as earthy and I was right. It was too light/crumbly for my taste as it literally lasted in my mouth for a couple seconds meaning I got through the bag a lot quicker than I had hoped. I baked it for a good 2 hours which improved the flavour slightly.

If you are looking for a clay to keep you going till Mavu is back in stock then definitely order from Disha and tell her I sent you ;)
Clayer

UK

#4031 Feb 10, 2013
Oh yeah definitely bake it coz I started feeling a little off after eating it unbaked plus it tastes better that way.
Mel

South Africa

#4032 Feb 10, 2013
K I finally received sum clay from Jhb, someone actually bought it for me. Its actually the same clay they show in the Mud eating video in Jhb. I got bout 10 big blocks of it. Its so smooth and soft and creamy, this is going to last me quiet some time cos it quiet a lot. I'm going to break it into pieces with a hammer as it will be easier to nibble on. Mmm the taste is devine
Indu India

Plymouth, MN

#4033 Feb 10, 2013
Mel wrote:
K I finally received sum clay from Jhb, someone actually bought it for me. Its actually the same clay they show in the Mud eating video in Jhb. I got bout 10 big blocks of it. Its so smooth and soft and creamy, this is going to last me quiet some time cos it quiet a lot. I'm going to break it into pieces with a hammer as it will be easier to nibble on. Mmm the taste is devine
What is jhb .... Can you give us the website.
Indu India

Plymouth, MN

#4034 Feb 10, 2013
Mel, help us to buy it too. Is it grey in color, roasted , soft stones. From which country.
Mel

South Africa

#4035 Feb 10, 2013
Hi Indu India,

Jhb is actually a city in South Africa and u can buy the clay from the streets and vendors. This clay is sold in South Africa.
Indu India

Plymouth, MN

#4036 Feb 10, 2013
vandan wrote:
<quoted text>
please tell me where you buy it...
http://www.google.com/search...
Mel

South Africa

#4037 Feb 10, 2013
Hi Indu India,

Actually its like dark yellow in colour, and wen u bite a piece of it, its soft, creamy and smooth. I won't be able to send some to u as I am in South Africa and I have no idea about exporting. I would like to try the roasted clay u have been talking about, do u have any idea if they sell it here in South Africa? I'm Indian and I go to the Indian spice shops here in South Africa but I have neva come across any roasted clay, is there another name by which it is called?
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

#4038 Feb 10, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hi Indu India,
Actually its like dark yellow in colour, and wen u bite a piece of it, its soft, creamy and smooth. I won't be able to send some to u as I am in South Africa and I have no idea about exporting. I would like to try the roasted clay u have been talking about, do u have any idea if they sell it here in South Africa? I'm Indian and I go to the Indian spice shops here in South Africa but I have neva come across any roasted clay, is there another name by which it is called?
it is old in store called Nakumatt...it is called roasted clay
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

#4039 Feb 10, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hi Indu India,

sold in store called nakumatt...roasted clay, soft grey stones.
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

#4040 Feb 10, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hi Indu India,
http://www.google.com/search
kenya soft grey stones

Plymouth, MN

#4041 Feb 10, 2013
kenya soft grey stones wrote:
http://urwhatueat.files.wordpress.com/2008/09 ...

I am sending you the picture Mel.
Mel

South Africa

#4042 Feb 10, 2013
Hi Kenya Soft Grey Stones,

Thanks for the info, would like to knw with regards to the video u sent the clay looks kinda yellowish and the picture that u sent the clay looks grey, r da both clays from Kenya

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) 1 hr sancho panson 67
News The First Superfood 16 hr PuriumKathy 1
News 1,200 Kids Die From Malaria A Day. Low-Cost Pre... Sat paul 1
News School Leaders Fire Back Against Claims Of Unhe... (May '10) Apr 23 Robert Anderson Phd 17
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... Apr 22 justMe 6
News Paltrow cuts back for food stamp challenge Apr 11 Dfinnnley22 2
News Families pump up nutrition, exercise know-how Apr 6 FREE FRIED CHICKEN 4
More from around the web