Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9271 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Vandan

Plymouth, MN

#3978 Feb 8, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
i am also from india ( andhra pradesh) can you tell me who will i get i want it .
http://urwhatueat.files.wordpress.com/2008/09...
Vandan

Plymouth, MN

#3979 Feb 8, 2013
Odowa lover wrote:
Anyone knows where I can get the Kenyan roasted clay or soft stones. Am dying to get my hands on some .am in uk and used to get from wahu foods but they don't have it in stock anymore....
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#3980 Feb 8, 2013
crazy gal wrote:
<quoted text>
do u mean filler's earth by "baked clay"?
Mary

United States

#3981 Feb 8, 2013
DangerousClay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks Mary
Thanks Dangerous Clay, I just finish my white clay from Wanda at first I didnt dig that taste but as it dar on that paper bag he starting to taste lots better. Now waiting on Leslie clay and Soul Sista Ghana clay and I'll be ready for anorher month. Lol that picure of that Rosted Clay from India sure looks good .
royal

Hyderabad, India

#3982 Feb 8, 2013
Rinkie wrote:
Hi i lov the taste of multani mitti i m from india there r found only multani mitti any body help me then i found the other clay in india
@rinkie the other clay is kadhi in india here in india white dirt is called as kadi u will find in paint shops

Since: Oct 12

Poole, UK

#3983 Feb 9, 2013
Vandan wrote:
I had thought you were going to tell me where to find this roasted clay from kenya..... That's just a photo ...
A clay eater

Rotherham, UK

#3984 Feb 9, 2013
Got my clay from Leslie. It. Is very smooth and creamy, well at least more smooth than the Ghana clay I'm used to eating. Will try the drying out technique Leslie has recommended.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

#3985 Feb 9, 2013
Rita wrote:
Rita

The roasted clay in the bag appears to be Kaolin/White Dirt as we call it in the south.

It looks roasted, so maybe that's the flavor that you are looking for.

If you cant get it from home, maybe you should try roasting your own.

I did some research and it appears that China (a source of kaolin) sells Kaolin to Africa.

Just a thought.

Leslie
April

Kennesaw, GA

#3986 Feb 9, 2013
does the lady mavu have her clay back yet
i want some of that

Since: Oct 12

Poole, UK

#3987 Feb 9, 2013
DangerousClay wrote:
<quoted text>
Rita
The roasted clay in the bag appears to be Kaolin/White Dirt as we call it in the south.
It looks roasted, so maybe that's the flavor that you are looking for.
If you cant get it from home, maybe you should try roasting your own.
I did some research and it appears that China (a source of kaolin) sells Kaolin to Africa.
Just a thought.
Leslie
Sorry Leslie and am sorry to say that this clay is not imported ... I come from kenya and this is dug locally and then fired... It's not kaolin and doesn't even come close... It has a very unique taste . Probably the imported kaolin is for industrial use but the clays eaten by people are usually dug locally
Mary

United States

#3988 Feb 9, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Leslie and am sorry to say that this clay is not imported ... I come from kenya and this is dug locally and then fired... It's not kaolin and doesn't even come close... It has a very unique taste . Probably the imported kaolin is for industrial use but the clays eaten by people are usually dug locally
Goodmoring Odowa Lover can you tell me what the clay is calles over there? I have been waiting for my order since January 24, Ghana clay .Havent came in yet is that the same clay ?
Alexx

United States

#3989 Feb 9, 2013
Rita wrote:
That clay looks really good ... You can't get this offline ? I would love to try that .
Vandan

Plymouth, MN

#3990 Feb 9, 2013
royal wrote:
<quoted text>
@rinkie the other clay is kadhi in india here in india white dirt is called as kadi u will find in paint shops
R u in India can you send it to me. Do u eat the same one in the picture. Send me your email. I did not think they sell in paint shop. When I was in India I always bought if from small shops that sell roasted, peanuts, Chana and bhel items.
Vandan

Plymouth, MN

#3991 Feb 9, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
I had thought you were going to tell me where to find this roasted clay from kenya..... That's just a photo ...

I am trying to find myself where can I buy odowa clay. Grayish black in color gr8 taste.. So yummy you crunch in to those soft grey stones and then they melt in your mouth. Never sticks in your mouth, and the smell oh my sooooo good.
Vandan

Plymouth, MN

#3992 Feb 9, 2013
April wrote:
does the lady mavu have her clay back yet
i want some of that
It is not even close to the kaolin clay ...... U must taste it to believe it..... Kaolin clay is completely white
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#3993 Feb 9, 2013
Hello everyone, Can someone please tell me how long can you keep white dirt clay before it turn bad.
Rita

Plymouth, MN

#3994 Feb 9, 2013
t>the clay I am talking about is the one sold in India or Kenya. Grey on the outside and white inside. Grey soft stones. It is not the gerogia white clay. This is sold in India roasted and ready to eat.
clay clay

Union, NJ

#3995 Feb 9, 2013
i need some Ghana clay to buy seriously. yearning for it after the blizzard snow.

Since: Apr 11

Germantown, WI

#3996 Feb 9, 2013
Sour Clay Lover wrote:
Hello Newbie could u please tell me how to get a hold of wanda, I love sour clay. Please tell me where to get a hold of her, also how much are her prices?
I love that sour taste too!!
Shan

Plymouth, MN

#3997 Feb 9, 2013
VANDANA wrote:
I M FROM INDIAN GUJARAT. I LOVE TO EAT BLACK ROASTED CLAY WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN BAZZAR. ITS TASTE AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH I CANT EXPLAIN.
Where can I buy?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News White House mulls letting states require drug t... 13 hr NeedToKnowInfo 20
News Exchange club eyes unused playground for commun... (Jul '10) Wed Pamela Womack-Canon 3
News Food4Kids has local drop-off point (Dec '13) Tue Life eh 4
News Shamrocks program raises more than $100,000 for... Apr 16 Diane Boardman 1
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Apr 14 Anonymous 20
News B.C. man turns nerdy hobby into a million dolla... Apr 7 Teach 1
News Chocolate Day 2018: These Are the Chocolates Yo... Mar '18 Who needs chocolate 2