Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9224 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3935 Feb 7, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
Leslie you said you sell Granny's own dirt. Does that mean that they are your supplier? And if so do they sell to you at wholesale? Also, do your bags come fully packed like Wanda's??
Hi Clayholic

I do so sell "Granny's Own" and the bags are full.
I cant divulge my supplier but if you would like to try it the dirt is really tasty. Its my white dirt of choice and Ive tried them all and I have also been known to dig my own on occasion.
Clayaholic

Preston, UK

#3936 Feb 7, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Clayholic
I do so sell "Granny's Own" and the bags are full.
I cant divulge my supplier but if you would like to try it the dirt is really tasty. Its my white dirt of choice and Ive tried them all and I have also been known to dig my own on occasion.
Oh don't worry I'm not asking for your supplier! Just wondering if they sell the dirt to you at a wholesale price? That's all.
the truth

Sioux City, IA

#3937 Feb 7, 2013
I got my clay yesterday an I was so happy i ate 2 nice size chunks I have always did that an not heat it up before,later that day I had a pain start from my lower back to my side an my throat is hurting so bad I hate to talk or swallow I also have a fever. I am to scared to tell my mother I brought the clay to eat (told her I got it for my face). I should have put heat to it before I ate it.
Mary Tyler

Lumberton, TX

#3938 Feb 7, 2013
the truth wrote:
I got my clay yesterday an I was so happy i ate 2 nice size chunks I have always did that an not heat it up before,later that day I had a pain start from my lower back to my side an my throat is hurting so bad I hate to talk or swallow I also have a fever. I am to scared to tell my mother I brought the clay to eat (told her I got it for my face). I should have put heat to it before I ate it.
@truth What kind of clay did you get? Was it (Nzu ,calabar/chalk ghanna clay or white clay)and was it molded?
Clayaholic

London, UK

#3939 Feb 7, 2013
I'm thinking we gotta start avoiding these molded clays ladies! Too many negatives cropping up lately.
the truth

Sioux City, IA

#3940 Feb 7, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> @truth What kind of clay did you get? Was it (Nzu ,calabar/chalk ghanna clay or white clay)and was it molded?
no it was not molded clay it was white dirt I should have pit fire to it.
ClayNewbie

Tallahassee, FL

#3941 Feb 7, 2013
@Leslie
Thank you for the info. That's sounds great. Ill definitely be purchasing from you soon :)
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3942 Feb 7, 2013
ClayNewbie wrote:
@Leslie
Thank you for the info. That's sounds great. Ill definitely be purchasing from you soon :)
I look forward to serving you White Dirt needs :)
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3943 Feb 7, 2013
Ive been reading post here an on other sites and Ive found that not everyone who enjoys eating clay has found a good clean source.

Since there appears to be many younger individuals here let me say this:

In fact I'm sure that their are some youngsters and adults too here who for reasons of cost or availability may be ingesting top soil, potting soil, and clays from questionable sources. I would never tell anyone to stop but I want us to all be safe. Lets be safe and practice moderation as well.

I wanted to let everyone here know that most often than not the Kaolin in Georgia is mined from deep in the ground. The deeper the source the less chance of contamination, but its still mined from the ground. Deep mining and heat sterilizing is a good combination for all clay eaters.

I love to eat clay and I'm not gonna stop, but even knowing my source is good, I always heat sterilize and I'm suggesting that you do too. No matter if you buy it or dig it. It only takes a second to pop it in the microwave or oven. Hey you might even like the taste after its dried better :).

OK so you guys no I preach at least once a day :). Be safe everyone.

The Truth,
I hope you feel better soon but if not you really need to talk to your mom.

Leslie
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3944 Feb 7, 2013
I meant:

OK so you guys Know I preach at least once a day :). Be safe everyone
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3945 Feb 7, 2013
Although you may not be thinking about geophagia when you take vitamins or seek comfort from a swig of Kaopectate, you are in fact participating in the age-old practice of eating dirt :).
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3946 Feb 7, 2013
Ive been reading post here an on other sites and Ive found that not everyone who enjoys eating clay has found a good clean source.

Since there appears to be many younger individuals here let me say this:

In fact I'm sure that there are some youngsters and adults here too who for reasons of cost or availability may be ingesting top soil, potting soil, and clays from questionable sources. I would never tell anyone to stop but I want us to all be safe. Lets be safe and practice moderation as well.

I wanted to let everyone here know that most often than not the Kaolin in Georgia is mined from deep in the ground. The deeper the source the less chance of contamination, but its still mined from the ground. Deep mining and heat sterilizing is a good combination for all clay eaters.

I love to eat clay and I'm not gonna stop, but even knowing my source is good, I always heat sterilize and I'm suggesting that you do too. No matter if you buy it or dig it. It only takes a second to pop it in the microwave or oven. Hey you might even like the taste after its dried better :).

OK so you guys know I preach at least once a day :). Be safe everyone.

The Truth,
I hope you feel better soon but if not you really need to talk to your mom.

Leslie
the truth

Sioux City, IA

#3947 Feb 7, 2013
Easy said then done with the mom because when she fount out I was eating cornstarch o my it was not nice she thought I was crazy. I do feel a lil better I am drink water a lot of it.. I should have put it in the oven. But I am going to give it away.
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#3948 Feb 7, 2013
the truth wrote:
Easy said then done with the mom because when she fount out I was eating cornstarch o my it was not nice she thought I was crazy. I do feel a lil better I am drink water a lot of it.. I should have put it in the oven. But I am going to give it away.
Where did u get the clay?
Love Clay

Eden, MD

#3949 Feb 7, 2013
Hello everyone, Can someone please tell me how to microwave white dirt.

@the truth,can you please tell us where you got the white dirt that hurt your stomach.
the truth

Sioux City, IA

#3950 Feb 7, 2013
It was not the place I got it that cause me to get sick it was what I didn't do.. if you get some white dirt please put it in the oven or microwave. I still hurt an going to hope I can make a doctor visit.
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3951 Feb 7, 2013
the truth wrote:
Be safe sweetie and feel better soon.
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#3952 Feb 7, 2013
the truth wrote:
It was not the place I got it that cause me to get sick it was what I didn't do.. if you get some white dirt please put it in the oven or microwave. I still hurt an going to hope I can make a doctor visit.
Can u tell us were u got it from?
Iheartclay

London, UK

#3953 Feb 7, 2013
Yes Leslie I was curious too! Do you buy wholesale from your supplier?

Also everyone is it better to microwave the white dirt or stick it in the oven? Which one has that earthier taste?
Mary Tyler

Lumberton, TX

#3954 Feb 7, 2013
Oven

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... (Mar '15) Dec 1 TipsyFromCentralC... 11
News Gene mutation appears to increase risk of Parki... Nov 28 Stephany McDowell 1
News British Medical Journal piece says evidence doe... Nov 26 VitaminD 1
News Pig behaviour, human nutrition experts take sta... Nov 17 scared yet 1
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Nov 13 CoolGuy 46
News Can exercise detoxify the body? Health experts ... (Dec '12) Nov 12 Karla72 8
News Spices and diabetes: Urgent need for more human... Nov 9 Josef Mitchell 1
More from around the web