Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Comments (Page 185)

Showing posts 3,681 - 3,700 of7,194
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Love Clay

Fruitland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Hi everyone I am new to this page, I am a clay eater off and on for 5 years now. my addiction is the satless egg shaped clay from ghana.I placed a order today with dsikanartey@hotmail.com just wondering has anyone who live in the usa placed a order with this person before, and can you please tell me your experience.
Mary Tyler

Fort Worth, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Love Clay wrote:
Hi everyone I am new to this page, I am a clay eater off and on for 5 years now. my addiction is the satless egg shaped clay from ghana.I placed a order today with dsikanartey@hotmail.com just wondering has anyone who live in the usa placed a order with this person before, and can you please tell me your experience.
Welcome Clay Eater I also have placed an order with her but still waiting on my arrival . I have heard nothing but nice ,kind words about her and her clay . She has been selling on this forum for a while Please read back posts. This will be my first time eating the Ghana Clay ,.hope I dont get hook.(Lol) Clay Eating!
Leslie

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

monica wrote:
<quoted text> LOL...I burned my blender up crushing ice!! I'm so deep in pica! I have tried every thing that look like it might have that earthy taste! I almost chocked on coco powder!
Monica

Girl stop!! you are cracking me up lol.

The dirt for me taste clean and crisp as does the ice. I call it the search for the taste of ozone, like how the in the window air conditioners smell. When I was a kid I loved that smell and wanted to taste it, thats my ice.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Sonic , Quick Trip , Zaxbys , & Chick - fil - a has the BEST ice ever !
Alexx

Yep, and they have all seen me :)
Love Clay

Fruitland, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Hi Mary, Thank you for your welcome and respond to my post.I was wondering when did you placed your order with dsikanartey@hotmail.com also can you tell me your waited time so far.
Mz libra

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Morning everyone!!!! This forum is so fun to read. All years of having pica, I thought I was alone until I began reading this forum. Chalk was my first experience with pica. I used to go to every store I could find that sold crayola anti- dust chalk. Then I went to Johnson & Johnson baby powder. I loved that baby powder. Then I went to great value brand by Walmart. I was researching online and came across white dirt. I wondered if it taste like chalk. My first bite of white dirt was the best I have ever tasted in my life!!!!! One day at the grocery store on the bake goods aisle I picked up baking powder and cornstarch. Yuck to the baking powder but the cornstarch gave me the same feeling like the white dirt. Awesome!!!!!!!!! Even though I don't eat as much cornstarch as I use too, I can't give it up totally. I know my dirt ain't going no where either....Pica got me so GONE!!!!!!!!!! Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Meee258

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Mz libra wrote:
Morning everyone!!!! This forum is so fun to read. All years of having pica, I thought I was alone until I began reading this forum. Chalk was my first experience with pica. I used to go to every store I could find that sold crayola anti- dust chalk. Then I went to Johnson & Johnson baby powder. I loved that baby powder. Then I went to great value brand by Walmart. I was researching online and came across white dirt. I wondered if it taste like chalk. My first bite of white dirt was the best I have ever tasted in my life!!!!! One day at the grocery store on the bake goods aisle I picked up baking powder and cornstarch. Yuck to the baking powder but the cornstarch gave me the same feeling like the white dirt. Awesome!!!!!!!!! Even though I don't eat as much cornstarch as I use too, I can't give it up totally. I know my dirt ain't going no where either....Pica got me so GONE!!!!!!!!!! Lol!!!!!!!!!!
Lol my ex boyfriends mom introduced me to clay dirt. Then I did not eat it for years then I started eating cornstarch . It was sooooo good! Leslie's dirt is really good. So clean! I used to like alot of cornstarch in my mouth at one time. That crunch and smooth feel in the mouth.
Concerned clay eater

Wigan, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I just called my supplier for calabash chalk, now I'm getting ready to get on the bus off about an hour to go pick it up!!! The crave was soooo bad last night. Hmmmm can't wait for the 'crunch' of that first bite!

Still taking iron tabs though.but once in a while I just need that clay
Mz libra

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Meee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol my ex boyfriends mom introduced me to clay dirt. Then I did not eat it for years then I started eating cornstarch . It was sooooo good! Leslie's dirt is really good. So clean! I used to like alot of cornstarch in my mouth at one time. That crunch and smooth feel in the mouth.
I've been hearing great things about Leslie's dirt. Time got away from me & I didn't place my order. But, I will be. I know what you mean about the cornstarch...I use a tablespoon!!!!! Now that I've found a store that sells Argo in the box & not the plastic container.....cornstarch bliss!!!! My next box I'm going to take it out of that white paper it comes in and pour it directly into the box. I'm wondering if it will get drier bcuz it's in the cardboard container. I was also thinking about putting the box in the sun w/ the top cut off...how did u eat your cornstarch? I found out there's a lot of people on twitter that eat cornstarch.
monica

Braxton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Having pica is very high risk when you sit back and think about how can I fill my bag with dirt at the construction site without getting caught in the act!! I'm so thankful for this forum knowing I can get my dirt the legit Way!!! Shout out to all you clay lovers you saved me!!!
Meee258

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text>I've been hearing great things about Leslie's dirt. Time got away from me & I didn't place my order. But, I will be. I know what you mean about the cornstarch...I use a tablespoon!!!!! Now that I've found a store that sells Argo in the box & not the plastic container.....cornstarch bliss!!!! My next box I'm going to take it out of that white paper it comes in and pour it directly into the box. I'm wondering if it will get drier bcuz it's in the cardboard container. I was also thinking about putting the box in the sun w/ the top cut off...how did u eat your cornstarch? I found out there's a lot of people on twitter that eat cornstarch.
What!!!! Dang I want to be friends with others who eat cornstarch. Dang it. I used to eat it with a straw! I loved it so much. I wish I wasn't gaining weight. I lost 3 lbs in a month... Not eating it. So I guess I'll be ok. Ms libra I live thru u. If I give u my email address will u email me so I can follow u on twitter. So I can follow others. I look at the YouTube video everyday if this lady eating cornstarch. Lol
Meee258

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Mz libra wrote:
<quoted text>I've been hearing great things about Leslie's dirt. Time got away from me & I didn't place my order. But, I will be. I know what you mean about the cornstarch...I use a tablespoon!!!!! Now that I've found a store that sells Argo in the box & not the plastic container.....cornstarch bliss!!!! My next box I'm going to take it out of that white paper it comes in and pour it directly into the box. I'm wondering if it will get drier bcuz it's in the cardboard container. I was also thinking about putting the box in the sun w/ the top cut off...how did u eat your cornstarch? I found out there's a lot of people on twitter that eat cornstarch.
Also I'll send u a sample of my dirt I got from Leslie. I was so scared to order... Cuz I feared it will be a waste. But I'll let u try mine. I was wanting someone to offer me that. Lol just let me know
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Monica
Girl stop!! you are cracking me up lol.
The dirt for me taste clean and crisp as does the ice. I call it the search for the taste of ozone, like how the in the window air conditioners smell. When I was a kid I loved that smell and wanted to taste it, thats my ice.
I know what smell you're talking about . I used to sit right in front of the a/c just to smell it & wonder what it might've tasted like . Mmm glad I'm not the only one who experienced this .:)
Alabama Red

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

I finally tried white dirt for the first time this week. I think it is an acquired taste. I'm used to red dirt with the sour taste and just did not get the taste I was looking for in the white dirt. It reminds me of Argo starch from years ago but I will still give it a try for a few more days. I put it in the microwave it tasted better but I think I'm going to experiment and try some other clays as well.
Soul Sista

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Concerned clay eater wrote:
I just called my supplier for calabash chalk, now I'm getting ready to get on the bus off about an hour to go pick it up!!! The crave was soooo bad last night. Hmmmm can't wait for the 'crunch' of that first bite!
Still taking iron tabs though.but once in a while I just need that clay
Is calabash chalk from Nigeria? What is the difference between that and nzu?
Mz libra

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Meee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
Also I'll send u a sample of my dirt I got from Leslie. I was so scared to order... Cuz I feared it will be a waste. But I'll let u try mine. I was wanting someone to offer me that. Lol just let me know
thank u so much for the offer, i really appreciate that. My work schedule is kind of crazy but hopefully I will get it done soon...lol
Mz libra

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Alabama Red wrote:
I finally tried white dirt for the first time this week. I think it is an acquired taste. I'm used to red dirt with the sour taste and just did not get the taste I was looking for in the white dirt. It reminds me of Argo starch from years ago but I will still give it a try for a few more days. I put it in the microwave it tasted better but I think I'm going to experiment and try some other clays as well.
I've always wonder what red dirt taste like. Does it come in chunks?
monica

Braxton, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Alabama Red wrote:
Alabama red is the red dirt available where you live;l live in Ms and its plentiful here but hard to get! I would love to try it!
Mz libra

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

monica wrote:
<quoted text> Alabama red is the red dirt available where you live;l live in Ms and its plentiful here but hard to get! I would love to try it!
yeah I would love to try some too! I live in Virginia and there's no good dirt here.
Alabama Red

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

monica wrote:
<quoted text> Alabama red is the red dirt available where you live;l live in Ms and its plentiful here but hard to get! I would love to try it!
Same here it's hard to come by so I thought I would try something different. The search continues to find some clay that suits my taste.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,681 - 3,700 of7,194
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nutrition Discussions

Search the Nutrition Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Reports from Cuba: The Revolution's Pensioners Fri Commie Buster 26
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) Thu Abberdabbers 58
Lipitor? For Me? No Way (Oct '11) Thu be cautious 4
Shari Belafonte Partners With VIVUS to Encourag... Apr 14 Freddy the Fright-Stalker 1
Life with Diabetes in Macedonia Apr 13 Odysseus BC 3
Condition Nutrition Releases Survey On Doping a... (May '09) Apr 12 extreme politics 5
Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Apr 11 Rev Jewell 40
•••
•••
•••
•••