Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,347
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#3754 Jan 31, 2013
Hello ladies,so much has been on going on about our favourite habit.swabbi,hope you are doing great,soul sistas and mavu..my very dear clay sellers.@ leslie wow you have done an extensive research into geophagia that I honestly think you should start thinking of hosting/anchoring clay eaters tv show lol,you honestly know a lot.I love clay and would rather eat it than have food,but recently I have tried to cut down.somtimes I have so much control and other times I can't resist it.do you eat it everyday?how strong are your craves,are you constipated often?when did you start eating clay?
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#3756 Jan 31, 2013
It's such a risk to bring clay to school & sneak & eat it when everyone is not looking . I just hope one day nobody would ask me what am I always eating . It's such a rush to sneak & eat clay but I love it . Makes the clay taste 100x better . Lol
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3758 Jan 31, 2013
Awura wrote:
Soul Sista I want me some Ghana clay,how do I get it please my email is kimberly29gh@yahoo.com I really can wait to get hold of some good old earthy ayilor...Thanks
Check your email.
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#3759 Jan 31, 2013
For all white dirt eaters, what about the dirt do you like the best? I read all the post & I enjoy them so much. At work and I've been looking at pictures of white dirt, so yummy!!!!!!!
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#3760 Jan 31, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
For all white dirt eaters, what about the dirt do you like the best? I read all the post & I enjoy them so much. At work and I've been looking at pictures of white dirt, so yummy!!!!!!!
Leslie dirt is awesome. And the bag is full. Nice crunchy....
Ray

Bangalore, India

#3761 Jan 31, 2013
Hello everybody, I was just thinking that no doubt clay has so many health benefits if taken in moderation, however would like to know what effect does it have on the kidneys.... I have ordered terramin baked clay from clay remedies... Will be trying clay for the first time only and only to have a better health...lets c how it tastes and how it works...I use to eat chalk on and off but not anymore.... Was also thinking instead of taking vitamins and minerals supplements why not try it in the raw form where I can also enjoy the taste....hav a good day everyone....
Clayer

South Africa

#3762 Feb 1, 2013
mobu consumer wrote:
@ Mel, ill try send u some, hope u will like it, but I've never posted packages before. The last time I posted something was 2009 and It was forms. How discreet are they? Will they want to know what is in the package?@ clayer, where are you from?@ salty, where in SA are you from?
Hi Mobu, i'm in the Eastrand JHB. where do you buy the red soft one?
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#3763 Feb 1, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
I like both Leslie's & Wanda's . If you want the soft crunch , the one that melts in your mouth you should try Leslie's & if you want the crunchy , crumbly then you should try Wanda's . They're both really good clays .
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3764 Feb 1, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
WOW!! I haven't been on this forum in like forever! Good to be back! I miss you ladies!
BUT what is going on with all the beef! Like they say 'haters gon' hate' lol
Leslie you inspire me! When I am up and running again customer service is going to be at the forefront! Of which admittedly I was lacking in. I'm pretty sure that even if your clay was horrible people would buy from you anyway! I think the greatest part is that, gathering from what I have read in your posts, this is just you as a person. Keep doing you!
For you ladies asking if I have MAVU clay in stock, sadly I don't at the moment and trust me I know how frustrating that is. Trying to organise the next shipment from Zimbabwe sometime in March/April.
Also, I have BIG BIG GIGANTIC MONSTROUS AMAZING news for all my dedicated clay lovers.(When I'm calling out the dedicated I don't need to tell you what that means..you know who you are!) I'm SUPER excited for what I have in store for you come March/April.
If you want to be notified when this surprise drops, and it doesn't matter where in the world you are, shoot me a message with the title 'I WANT IN!' here:
http://www.mavu.bigcartel.com/contact
Aahh! Can't wait!
Meanwhile, let's keep sharing and helping each other out! That's what this platform is for! Also, taking the time out to actually thank Scott from Scottsdale, AZ for starting this forum!
Me personally, I don't think I would have been able to cope with not having this place to talk, vent and share with other people that just GET IT!
Love it!
Thanks Mavu

Hey Im all about us supporting one another so hit me up at LeslieCinGa@yahoo.com and we can share. Not enough people lifting one another up. I know my lan so I dont begrudge anyone their light. My glass up and heres to a wonderful group of people.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3765 Feb 1, 2013
I was saying that I know my lane :)
Oh its still early morning here so let me stop drinking :) I take back the glass and take my hat off :)
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3766 Feb 1, 2013
Yunus khan wrote:
The roasted clay calling in india(gujrat) you want it say me
e.m-shirmalyunus.khan@yahoo.co m
Hi Yunus

Are you saying that you have some roasted clay from india? If so there are a lot of post if you stroll back of people looking for some of the clay from India. Do you have in pictures? If so can you send me an email at LeslieCinGa@yahoo.com
hema

San Francisco, CA

#3767 Feb 1, 2013
Hi Vandana,
I LOVE TO EAT BAKED CLAY WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN Indian MARKET. It is grey or black in color. MANY WOMEN ARE EATING IT. did u find out where i can buy it. please reply.
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3768 Feb 1, 2013
adaku wrote:
Hello ladies,so much has been on going on about our favourite habit.swabbi,hope you are doing great,soul sistas and mavu..my very dear clay sellers.@ leslie wow you have done an extensive research into geophagia that I honestly think you should start thinking of hosting/anchoring clay eaters tv show lol,you honestly know a lot.I love clay and would rather eat it than have food,but recently I have tried to cut down.somtimes I have so much control and other times I can't resist it.do you eat it everyday?how strong are your craves,are you constipated often?when did you start eating clay?
Hello Adaku, trust you are doing great. Missed you on the forum. Welcome back. I also cut down on the clay a while back but honestly, am back on it again with a bang. Very difficult to completely cut it out. I'm thinking of taking some iron tablets to see if it will help; the only down side is that I tend to gain a lot of weight when I take iron tablets. I am already a size 16, so anything above that would put me into misery. I might have to join weight watchers then (only joking). Anyway, good to see you back on.
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#3769 Feb 1, 2013
Good morning everyone! It's about 9:30am EST. I've decided to order from Leslie & Wanda....will b doing that today!!!!!!!! I've been eating Argo cornstarch in the box. Also going to pick up another box. Enjoying white dirt and cornstarch....only thing missing would be anti-dust chalk.....lol!!!!! Have a great day!!!!!!!!
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3770 Feb 1, 2013
Hi Adaku

I second Soul Sista, welcome back :)

I do eat it every day :) but I drink a lot of water too. Been eating it since I was a child. Back in the day my granny and her friends would dig the red clay (had a spot down by the railroad tracks). My mom had a friend when she was in her 20's who gave her the white dirt, it was "on and popping" after that. Been eating it since my mom gave me little tastes as a child, so pretty much all my life.

When I got to college, my mom would mail it to me :). I'm never without a taste. I even take it on vacation, I know too much right!

I'm also anemic, been so all my life and through both of my pregnancies, so I take my iron still.

Taking my iron helps with the amount that I eat but It does not take away my taste for the clay. I also take a prenatal vitamin as my multi.

In many ways, prenatal vitamins are quite similar to regular daily multivitamins, except that they have larger quantities of certain components, most notably iron and folic acid. I don't need the folic acid (no more babies for me) but on the whole I get what I need from them and they are not much more expensive than the the regular multi. Oh and their is no harm to women who are not pregnant and not trying to get pregnant in taking prenatal vitamins.

As I said I still eat my dirt because I love the way it tastes and how it fills on my tongue-ooh that crunch. For me the taste of white dirt is like crisp and clean - like having a cold glass of water on a hot day, that first bite/sip ahhh!

I'm like most here, I see a construction site and bam, I gotta have it. Some days the cravings are worse than others.

I try moderation :) but Ive learned over time how not to over do it.

Soul Sista, I feel you on that weight gain though. If I don't snack on my clay I find that I snack on other stuff in the house like cookies, chips etc... so it really does maintain the weight for me. If I feel myself getting past my size ten, I put a picture of a girl in a bikini on the fridge with a note that says "No!!!!!!!!!!" :)

And Mz libra, let me know what you need, I'm at your service.

Clay friends Unite
Leslie
ackee

Bronx, NY

#3771 Feb 1, 2013
It is so good to see familiar ones back on the forum.
I truly enjoy reading and even making new friends on the forum. I find it interesting. It is okay if no on understands us. We understand each other because we share the same experience.I hope everyone is doing well. I did miss a lot of the old guys. Let us make the forum as good as it used to be. SHARING AND ENCOURAGING EACH OTHER HOW TO STOP EATING CLAY OR TO BE MODERATE ABOUT IT.
Geophage27

Chicago, IL

#3772 Feb 1, 2013
Leslie wrote:
Hi Adaku
I second Soul Sista, welcome back :)
I do eat it every day :) but I drink a lot of water too. Been eating it since I was a child. Back in the day my granny and her friends would dig the red clay (had a spot down by the railroad tracks). My mom had a friend when she was in her 20's who gave her the white dirt, it was "on and popping" after that. Been eating it since my mom gave me little tastes as a child, so pretty much all my life.
When I got to college, my mom would mail it to me :). I'm never without a taste. I even take it on vacation, I know too much right!
I'm also anemic, been so all my life and through both of my pregnancies, so I take my iron still.
Taking my iron helps with the amount that I eat but It does not take away my taste for the clay. I also take a prenatal vitamin as my multi.
In many ways, prenatal vitamins are quite similar to regular daily multivitamins, except that they have larger quantities of certain components, most notably iron and folic acid. I don't need the folic acid (no more babies for me) but on the whole I get what I need from them and they are not much more expensive than the the regular multi. Oh and their is no harm to women who are not pregnant and not trying to get pregnant in taking prenatal vitamins.
As I said I still eat my dirt because I love the way it tastes and how it fills on my tongue-ooh that crunch. For me the taste of white dirt is like crisp and clean - like having a cold glass of water on a hot day, that first bite/sip ahhh!
I'm like most here, I see a construction site and bam, I gotta have it. Some days the cravings are worse than others.
I try moderation :) but Ive learned over time how not to over do it.
Soul Sista, I feel you on that weight gain though. If I don't snack on my clay I find that I snack on other stuff in the house like cookies, chips etc... so it really does maintain the weight for me. If I feel myself getting past my size ten, I put a picture of a girl in a bikini on the fridge with a note that says "No!!!!!!!!!!" :)
And Mz libra, let me know what you need, I'm at your service.
Clay friends Unite
Leslie
Hi Leslie,

I've been wanting to travel with my clay but i'm always worried about TSA. Do they stop you everytime and take it out of your bag? I know you are out in the open with your clay eating (wish I had your bravery) but my wife doesn't know about my eating. I normally end up bringing a box of chalk with me to munch on, but I always miss my clay
Clayaholic

UK

#3773 Feb 1, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
WOW!! I haven't been on this forum in like forever! Good to be back! I miss you ladies!
BUT what is going on with all the beef! Like they say 'haters gon' hate' lol
Leslie you inspire me! When I am up and running again customer service is going to be at the forefront! Of which admittedly I was lacking in. I'm pretty sure that even if your clay was horrible people would buy from you anyway! I think the greatest part is that, gathering from what I have read in your posts, this is just you as a person. Keep doing you!
For you ladies asking if I have MAVU clay in stock, sadly I don't at the moment and trust me I know how frustrating that is. Trying to organise the next shipment from Zimbabwe sometime in March/April.
Also, I have BIG BIG GIGANTIC MONSTROUS AMAZING news for all my dedicated clay lovers.(When I'm calling out the dedicated I don't need to tell you what that means..you know who you are!) I'm SUPER excited for what I have in store for you come March/April.
If you want to be notified when this surprise drops, and it doesn't matter where in the world you are, shoot me a message with the title 'I WANT IN!' here:
http://www.mavu.bigcartel.com/contact
Aahh! Can't wait!
Meanwhile, let's keep sharing and helping each other out! That's what this platform is for! Also, taking the time out to actually thank Scott from Scottsdale, AZ for starting this forum!
Me personally, I don't think I would have been able to cope with not having this place to talk, vent and share with other people that just GET IT!
Love it!
Aah Mavu I missed your presence on here! You are so down to earth! I've sent my email for sure :)
monica

Jackson, MS

#3774 Feb 1, 2013
Setting hear reading all the post crunching on ice! Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my order from Leslie! But the craving is 100 right now I think I'll have to do the cornstarch for a day or 2! Or take a iron supplement until my package arrive!
adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#3775 Feb 1, 2013
@leslie,you have been on the chop chop a long time lol....when I am on iron at least for at for 2 to 3 weeks,I do well,I crave the taste but I am totally in controil,I av added some kg since I went on and off these last few months.I must say that you are quite knowlegdeable about clay,while I love I still have my reservations about its health implication.@soulsistas great to be back!my internet had issues,missed everyone here,had a nice laugh reading all the posts I missed.@ackeeeeeeee!how are you?how are you dealing with da crave?hang in there,a little treat won't cause any harm just don't over do it...(Don't be like me ...lol)never realised guys eat clay,that is super interesting?could low iron levels be held responsible?anyways pica lovers happy new month,so much love in da air.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Juan County schools districts adjust to new... Sep 29 BeHereNow 5
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) Sep 29 jaya 65
Polish polyphenol study identifies coffee, tea ... Sep 28 Clear Dharma 21
Hardee's Sandwich Piles Meat On More Meat (Apr '06) Sep 28 jeffery luise 40
U.S. nutrition program for mothers, infants see... Sep 25 BeHereNow 3
Passion for food: FoodCorps service worker to h... Sep 24 Profits 1
Knee joint replacment surgery Sep 24 gaile53 28

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE