Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Comments (Page 182)

Showing posts 3,621 - 3,640 of7,172
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
clay cruncher

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Leslie wrote:
Its raining here in Atlanta. I smelled that wet ground "trigger" and had to have some White Dirt. Sitting here munching and enjoying like its a bag of chips :).
Anybody who eats clay knows that you cant sit and eat it like its a bag of chips, you'd be asking for trouble...next place getting trigger a is up your arse when your butt hole on locked down...you need to be a bit more convincing hun.
clay cruncher

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Leslie wrote:
Eating dirt, then, rather than being abnormal, may be an evolutionary adaptation acquired over millennia of productive and not-so-productive interactions with bacteria—an adaptation that enhances fetal immunity and increases calcium, eliminates gastric upset, detoxifies some plant and animal toxins, and perhaps boosts mothers’ immunity at times when the hormones of pregnancy (13), factors produced by the fetus (14), changes in the complement system, replacement of MHC class I antigens in the trophoblast (15), and who knows what else suppress the mother’s natural immunologic desire to destroy her fetus—a miracle, nearly.
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/9/8/03-0033_...
You seem nice Leslie giving us all this info...i love your rhetoric.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

clay cruncher wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody who eats clay knows that you cant sit and eat it like its a bag of chips, you'd be asking for trouble...next place getting trigger a is up your arse when your butt hole on locked down...you need to be a bit more convincing hun.
Hi Clay Cruncher

I actually do much on it that way. Ive been eating it for a long time and my body has adapted so to speak.

I can only speak for myself so I'm assuming that you are speaking about yourself?

For those not use to it, Ive suggested that they eat in moderation and possibly take additional fiber.

I'm not out to convince you, I'm sharing my story. My name is Leslie so you don't need to address me as hun. Also, I speak to all people all the time with respect, here in this forum and in person. Being polite does not cost us very much. So respectfully to you, there is no need for sarcasm. I enjoy this forum a great deal (as do others) and I have made some great relationships. I'm asking those that don't care to hear what I have to say to disregard my posts and read the post that you like and interact with those that you wish. I think that's fair. Ive taken the time to read the post from the day that this forum was started to the end and I cant say that any one comment would lead me to respond to a poster with anything but respect and courtesy whether I liked/or agreed with their posts. Its a small world for us clay eaters so since we've found one another I say lets be kind.

Have a wonderful day everyone and eat clay.
Leslie
Leslie

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

clay cruncher wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem nice Leslie giving us all this info...i love your rhetoric.
Thank you, I simply have eaten clay all my life. Here in the South its not such a big deal and I just want to help remove the stigma. I don't want people to think themselves strange because they like to eat clay. I like talking interacting and sharing with everyone here.Leslie
monica

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Greetings clay lovers! I'm a new beginner in the clay eating world I got my start here on this forum! I was invited to join the topix forum by Leslie while placeing a order from her! She was she was very kind and helpful to me
Sad to say

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Leslie, I just think you need to tone it down a bit that's all. I'd hate to see this forum be dominated by your posts alone.

Since: Apr 11

Racine, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

leslie, I enjoy your posts and everyones posts.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

swabbi wrote:
leslie, I enjoy your posts and everyones posts.
Thank you swabbi, you have been here a long time and I really appreciate your kindness :)
Leslie

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Sad to say wrote:
i'm sorry but I feel to express my opinion. It seems that lately Leslie has sort of been 'spamming' the forum. Like if you read up you'll see not many people are adding to the forum like they used to. I understand you need to promote your business and that's fine but not 5 times every day (exaggeration maybe, but you get my point) All I'm saying is the other clay sellers here don't constantly flaunt their businesses. I'm sure a website link, prices and email adress is sufficient? From my knowledge if customers have questions they ask?
Hi Sad to say

This a forum, so expressing your opinion or sharing whatever you like is exactly what you should do. If others are not posting it seems a bit unfair to blame me. Its a open board? If I share my thoughts how does that in anyway hinder someone else from speaking up and sharing theirs?

This is an on-line discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. It was my understanding that as long as the posts were polite and respectful that we all could share and discuss what we like as it relates to clay.

As for the business of selling clay, there are many posts, and many people here who do so that go backs to the forums conception. We see them and respond to those that are of interest to us. I'm not flaunting it I'm sharing where people with the interest can buy my product. I also share information and article about clay that I find of interest. I leave it to the people here to read it or not. I understand that not everyone here buys white dirt nor do they want to here what I have to say. Those people simply disregard whats not applicable to them. Please, if you find that my posts or the things that I wish to share are of no use to you, just disregard and read those that are.

I like to talk and share and thats what forums are for :)

Respectfully Leslie
Leslie

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

monica wrote:
Greetings clay lovers! I'm a new beginner in the clay eating world I got my start here on this forum! I was invited to join the topix forum by Leslie while placeing a order from her! She was she was very kind and helpful to me
Hey Monica Im glad you could join us. The people here are great and we are all learning from each other and about the many clays and their tastes from around the world.
Meee258

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Lesile I love your posts and everyone else's.
ann

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

I have to say leslie I have enjoyed your post. You always put some interesting finds to read. It reminds me of another person who use to post some interesting things.Since getting so much info I was able to tell my brother I eat clay and the benefits surprisingly he was intrigued.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Mee I enjoy reading everyones post too.
Ann Im glad you came out the closet :). If we all share what we know we will see that eating clay is more normal than not.
monica

Jackson, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Monica Im glad you could join us. The people here are great and we are all learning from each other and about the many clays and their tastes from around the world.
if you built it Leslie they will come! Keep up the good work!
Yunus khan

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

The roasted clay calling in india(gujrat) you want it say me
e.m-shirmalyunus.khan@yahoo.co m
MavuSeller

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

WOW!! I haven't been on this forum in like forever! Good to be back! I miss you ladies!

BUT what is going on with all the beef! Like they say 'haters gon' hate' lol

Leslie you inspire me! When I am up and running again customer service is going to be at the forefront! Of which admittedly I was lacking in. I'm pretty sure that even if your clay was horrible people would buy from you anyway! I think the greatest part is that, gathering from what I have read in your posts, this is just you as a person. Keep doing you!

For you ladies asking if I have MAVU clay in stock, sadly I don't at the moment and trust me I know how frustrating that is. Trying to organise the next shipment from Zimbabwe sometime in March/April.

Also, I have BIG BIG GIGANTIC MONSTROUS AMAZING news for all my dedicated clay lovers.(When I'm calling out the dedicated I don't need to tell you what that means..you know who you are!) I'm SUPER excited for what I have in store for you come March/April.

If you want to be notified when this surprise drops, and it doesn't matter where in the world you are, shoot me a message with the title 'I WANT IN!' here:

http://www.mavu.bigcartel.com/contact

Aahh! Can't wait!

Meanwhile, let's keep sharing and helping each other out! That's what this platform is for! Also, taking the time out to actually thank Scott from Scottsdale, AZ for starting this forum!

Me personally, I don't think I would have been able to cope with not having this place to talk, vent and share with other people that just GET IT!

Love it!
Soul Sista

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Mel wrote:
Thanks Soul Sista for da info,
Hw did u package the clay, just wondering
I used a box and lined it with bubble wrap so the clay wouldn't break into pieces.
Soul Sista

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Clayaholic wrote:
Soul Sista do you sell the ghana egg shaped clay?
Yes, I sell the Ghana clay and eat it as well. I'm trying to cut down gradually but it is so so difficult. Will get there one day, hopefully.
Awura

Braintree, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Hi
Awura

Braintree, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Soul Sista I want me some Ghana clay,how do I get it please my email is kimberly29gh@yahoo.com I really can wait to get hold of some good old earthy ayilor...Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 3,621 - 3,640 of7,172
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••