Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,470
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3710 Jan 30, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then. I guess I luh me some geosmin!:)
Girl stop :) lol
Awura

Witham, UK

#3711 Jan 30, 2013
Is mavu still out of stock
Awura

Witham, UK

#3712 Jan 30, 2013
@clayholic thanks for the link I will def.try it out and no I am not from Zim,I am a Ghanaian.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3713 Jan 30, 2013
Hi Clayholic

I think with the help of one of my wonderful patrons I figured out why you could not view my page. It was configured for internet explorer but not firefox. I have now checked it and its configured for those two as well as google chrome.

you may or may not need to clear your browser to access but it should work. Sometimes your browser will store and keep loading the old buggy page which is why you may need to delete the old history. Thanks alot for letting me know about this issue :)
Leslie
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#3714 Jan 30, 2013
Leslie wrote:
Its raining here in Atlanta. I smelled that wet ground "trigger" and had to have some White Dirt. Sitting here munching and enjoying like its a bag of chips :).
Lol me too .
Awura

Witham, UK

#3716 Jan 30, 2013
Lol
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3717 Jan 30, 2013
What are the benefits of eating red dirt?

Speaking to the “hygiene hypothesis”-

Early infection of children with some mycobacteria may promote strong immune systems, a normal sense of self, and a normal defense of that self. Mycobacteria are found in large numbers in dirt. And animals (probably including humans) kept from this dirt may lose the ability to recognize certain dangerous organisms as a threat, lose the ability to discriminate between self and not self, and lose the ability to distinguish the fatal from the innocuous.

Great Article:
http://askville.amazon.com/benefits-eating-re...
Mary Tyler

Pipe Creek, TX

#3718 Jan 30, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol me too .
@Alexx can I have your email address I wanted to ask u a question about 2 different clay ?
mobu consumer

South Africa

#3720 Jan 30, 2013
@ Mel, ill try send u some, hope u will like it, but I've never posted packages before. The last time I posted something was 2009 and It was forms. How discreet are they? Will they want to know what is in the package?@ clayer, where are you from?@ salty, where in SA are you from?
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3722 Jan 30, 2013
Did You Know

In order to may PayPal payments from your mobile phone you need a PayPal account and you must download the App specific to you phone.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/mobile-pay...
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3723 Jan 30, 2013
Did You Know

In order to make PayPal payments from your mobile phone you need a PayPal account and you must download the App specific to you phone.

https://www.paypal.com/webapps/mpp/mobile-pay...
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3724 Jan 30, 2013
Check out this great Currency Converter
http://themoneyconverter.com/USD/ZAR.aspx
Mel

South Africa

#3725 Jan 31, 2013
Hi Mobu Consumer,

I'm also not sure hw u gona send it, what if u put it in a small box or something, I dnt tink dey wud want to c wat u posting, please let me knw if u going to send me sum, wil giv u da money for it.

Is there any1 else in this forum that knws how to go about sending the clay, how can we be discreet about what we sending?

Thanks
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3726 Jan 31, 2013
Eating dirt, then, rather than being abnormal, may be an evolutionary adaptation acquired over millennia of productive and not-so-productive interactions with bacteria—an adaptation that enhances fetal immunity and increases calcium, eliminates gastric upset, detoxifies some plant and animal toxins, and perhaps boosts mothers’ immunity at times when the hormones of pregnancy (13), factors produced by the fetus (14), changes in the complement system, replacement of MHC class I antigens in the trophoblast (15), and who knows what else suppress the mother’s natural immunologic desire to destroy her fetus—a miracle, nearly.
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/9/8/03-0033_...
Sad to say

UK

#3727 Jan 31, 2013
i'm sorry but I feel to express my opinion. It seems that lately Leslie has sort of been 'spamming' the forum. Like if you read up you'll see not many people are adding to the forum like they used to. I understand you need to promote your business and that's fine but not 5 times every day (exaggeration maybe, but you get my point) All I'm saying is the other clay sellers here don't constantly flaunt their businesses. I'm sure a website link, prices and email adress is sufficient? From my knowledge if customers have questions they ask?
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3728 Jan 31, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hi Mobu Consumer,
I'm also not sure hw u gona send it, what if u put it in a small box or something, I dnt tink dey wud want to c wat u posting, please let me knw if u going to send me sum, wil giv u da money for it.
Is there any1 else in this forum that knws how to go about sending the clay, how can we be discreet about what we sending?
Thanks
At the post office no one is going to ask you to open the packet so they see what's inside. Usually if it's going outside the country, they would only ask what's inside (not look) and you can safely say clay. And that's it. I sent a large packet of clay to Jamaica last week and they only wanted to know if the value was over £500. When I said no, it was fine. Person received it okay. It's okay to post and some of them do know about pica clay.
Mel

South Africa

#3729 Jan 31, 2013
Thanks Soul Sista for da info,

Hw did u package the clay, just wondering
Clayaholic

UK

#3730 Jan 31, 2013
Soul Sista do you sell the ghana egg shaped clay?
clay cruncher

London, UK

#3731 Jan 31, 2013
Leslie wrote:
Its raining here in Atlanta. I smelled that wet ground "trigger" and had to have some White Dirt. Sitting here munching and enjoying like its a bag of chips :).
Anybody who eats clay knows that you cant sit and eat it like its a bag of chips, you'd be asking for trouble...next place getting trigger a is up your arse when your butt hole on locked down...you need to be a bit more convincing hun.
clay cruncher

London, UK

#3732 Jan 31, 2013
Leslie wrote:
Eating dirt, then, rather than being abnormal, may be an evolutionary adaptation acquired over millennia of productive and not-so-productive interactions with bacteria—an adaptation that enhances fetal immunity and increases calcium, eliminates gastric upset, detoxifies some plant and animal toxins, and perhaps boosts mothers’ immunity at times when the hormones of pregnancy (13), factors produced by the fetus (14), changes in the complement system, replacement of MHC class I antigens in the trophoblast (15), and who knows what else suppress the mother’s natural immunologic desire to destroy her fetus—a miracle, nearly.
http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/9/8/03-0033_...
You seem nice Leslie giving us all this info...i love your rhetoric.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) 2014 ... 18 hr Gerald Vonberger 1
Panel: Vitamins & Supplements May Not Be Worth ... (Dec '13) Tue Glachealth 3
Alternative Medicines for a Yeast Infection (Jan '13) Oct 20 sakshi11 4
Adrenal fatigue could be making you tired, anxious (Sep '10) Oct 20 sakshi11 4
Get your vaccines up to date Oct 19 ricDUH DUH99 8
Shoppers Are Suing Bottled Water Manufacturers ... (Apr '13) Oct 18 Thruth will come out 5
Asda slammed by ASA over baby milk nutrition cl... Oct 16 Mike Brady 1

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE