Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,821
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3739 Jan 31, 2013
Sad to say wrote:
i'm sorry but I feel to express my opinion. It seems that lately Leslie has sort of been 'spamming' the forum. Like if you read up you'll see not many people are adding to the forum like they used to. I understand you need to promote your business and that's fine but not 5 times every day (exaggeration maybe, but you get my point) All I'm saying is the other clay sellers here don't constantly flaunt their businesses. I'm sure a website link, prices and email adress is sufficient? From my knowledge if customers have questions they ask?
Hi Sad to say

This a forum, so expressing your opinion or sharing whatever you like is exactly what you should do. If others are not posting it seems a bit unfair to blame me. Its a open board? If I share my thoughts how does that in anyway hinder someone else from speaking up and sharing theirs?

This is an on-line discussion site where people can hold conversations in the form of posted messages. It was my understanding that as long as the posts were polite and respectful that we all could share and discuss what we like as it relates to clay.

As for the business of selling clay, there are many posts, and many people here who do so that go backs to the forums conception. We see them and respond to those that are of interest to us. I'm not flaunting it I'm sharing where people with the interest can buy my product. I also share information and article about clay that I find of interest. I leave it to the people here to read it or not. I understand that not everyone here buys white dirt nor do they want to here what I have to say. Those people simply disregard whats not applicable to them. Please, if you find that my posts or the things that I wish to share are of no use to you, just disregard and read those that are.

I like to talk and share and thats what forums are for :)

Respectfully Leslie
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3740 Jan 31, 2013
monica wrote:
Greetings clay lovers! I'm a new beginner in the clay eating world I got my start here on this forum! I was invited to join the topix forum by Leslie while placeing a order from her! She was she was very kind and helpful to me
Hey Monica Im glad you could join us. The people here are great and we are all learning from each other and about the many clays and their tastes from around the world.
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#3741 Jan 31, 2013
Lesile I love your posts and everyone else's.
ann

Torrington, CT

#3742 Jan 31, 2013
I have to say leslie I have enjoyed your post. You always put some interesting finds to read. It reminds me of another person who use to post some interesting things.Since getting so much info I was able to tell my brother I eat clay and the benefits surprisingly he was intrigued.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3743 Jan 31, 2013
Mee I enjoy reading everyones post too.
Ann Im glad you came out the closet :). If we all share what we know we will see that eating clay is more normal than not.
monica

Sumrall, MS

#3744 Jan 31, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Monica Im glad you could join us. The people here are great and we are all learning from each other and about the many clays and their tastes from around the world.
if you built it Leslie they will come! Keep up the good work!
Yunus khan

Ashburn, VA

#3745 Jan 31, 2013
The roasted clay calling in india(gujrat) you want it say me
e.m-shirmalyunus.khan@yahoo.co m
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3747 Jan 31, 2013
Mel wrote:
Thanks Soul Sista for da info,
Hw did u package the clay, just wondering
I used a box and lined it with bubble wrap so the clay wouldn't break into pieces.
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3748 Jan 31, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
Soul Sista do you sell the ghana egg shaped clay?
Yes, I sell the Ghana clay and eat it as well. I'm trying to cut down gradually but it is so so difficult. Will get there one day, hopefully.
Awura

Colchester, UK

#3749 Jan 31, 2013
Hi
Awura

Colchester, UK

#3750 Jan 31, 2013
Soul Sista I want me some Ghana clay,how do I get it please my email is kimberly29gh@yahoo.com I really can wait to get hold of some good old earthy ayilor...Thanks
Awura

Colchester, UK

#3751 Jan 31, 2013
Clay
Mary Tyler

San Antonio, TX

#3752 Jan 31, 2013
Leslie wrote:
Mee I enjoy reading everyones post too.
Ann Im glad you came out the closet :). If we all share what we know we will see that eating clay is more normal than not.
Hi Ladies Check out this video on you tube Muditis Pottery - processingb clay from my clay pit.
adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#3754 Jan 31, 2013
Hello ladies,so much has been on going on about our favourite habit.swabbi,hope you are doing great,soul sistas and mavu..my very dear clay sellers.@ leslie wow you have done an extensive research into geophagia that I honestly think you should start thinking of hosting/anchoring clay eaters tv show lol,you honestly know a lot.I love clay and would rather eat it than have food,but recently I have tried to cut down.somtimes I have so much control and other times I can't resist it.do you eat it everyday?how strong are your craves,are you constipated often?when did you start eating clay?
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#3756 Jan 31, 2013
It's such a risk to bring clay to school & sneak & eat it when everyone is not looking . I just hope one day nobody would ask me what am I always eating . It's such a rush to sneak & eat clay but I love it . Makes the clay taste 100x better . Lol
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3758 Jan 31, 2013
Awura wrote:
Soul Sista I want me some Ghana clay,how do I get it please my email is kimberly29gh@yahoo.com I really can wait to get hold of some good old earthy ayilor...Thanks
Check your email.
Mz libra

Alexandria, VA

#3759 Jan 31, 2013
For all white dirt eaters, what about the dirt do you like the best? I read all the post & I enjoy them so much. At work and I've been looking at pictures of white dirt, so yummy!!!!!!!
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#3760 Jan 31, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
For all white dirt eaters, what about the dirt do you like the best? I read all the post & I enjoy them so much. At work and I've been looking at pictures of white dirt, so yummy!!!!!!!
Leslie dirt is awesome. And the bag is full. Nice crunchy....
Ray

Bangalore, India

#3761 Jan 31, 2013
Hello everybody, I was just thinking that no doubt clay has so many health benefits if taken in moderation, however would like to know what effect does it have on the kidneys.... I have ordered terramin baked clay from clay remedies... Will be trying clay for the first time only and only to have a better health...lets c how it tastes and how it works...I use to eat chalk on and off but not anymore.... Was also thinking instead of taking vitamins and minerals supplements why not try it in the raw form where I can also enjoy the taste....hav a good day everyone....
Clayer

South Africa

#3762 Feb 1, 2013
mobu consumer wrote:
@ Mel, ill try send u some, hope u will like it, but I've never posted packages before. The last time I posted something was 2009 and It was forms. How discreet are they? Will they want to know what is in the package?@ clayer, where are you from?@ salty, where in SA are you from?
Hi Mobu, i'm in the Eastrand JHB. where do you buy the red soft one?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Health Check: do you really need carbs to recov... 11 hr JenDebee 2
Food-cost crisis shames Far North: 'We can't pr... Jan 25 Yuh Mean 2
Brushton meat shop owner charged with misuse of... Jan 25 bobby 17
Type 2 diabetes exercise and education program ... Jan 24 not all past due ... 1
Dr. Blonz: Supplements can't replace foods Jan 23 Jack 1
Loyola serves up culinary careers to Oakville s... Jan 22 Leviathan 1
Celebrate Registered Dietitian Day with ShopRite (Mar '14) Jan 15 fire house team 4
More from around the web