Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9210 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Mary Tyler

United States

#3671 Jan 29, 2013
Goodmorning I finally receive the nzu calabar/ chalk and the taste is very earthy with a muddy tart taste. Didn't like it at first so I bake it and it is okay. It doesn't look like the long white chalk on the internet .its in medium size chunk sizes . It's very creamy and does stick to your theeth and gums. But overall it a good taste very smooth.
Clayer

South Africa

#3672 Jan 29, 2013
mobu consumer wrote:
Having me some red sun baked clay! Its been a while! HhhhhMmmmmm! It feels like HEAVEN! Just melts in my mouth
Hi Mobu, where do you get the red one from. i aLso need to look for it. i only get the the brown one from the market.
salty

South Africa

#3673 Jan 29, 2013
mobu consumer wrote:
Hello, anybody from other parts of africa that has salty clay? i would really love to try some, i usually eat the earthy type. last week i crushed the beige nd red clay, mixed em together with water and allowed it to dry... it tasted really good, now i want to try that with other types of clay... any body that has the salty kind please laet me know.
hi mobu I live in SA.where I'm staying we have different types of clay,even the salty one,from mild salt to heavy salt.once u taste it u would want it every single minute.it is soooooooo tasty especially after a good meal.I can send u some if u like,just send ur postal adress
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3674 Jan 29, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
Ok so I put my order in with Lesile on Friday... And guess what it here TODAY! This lady has excellent customer service to the MAX. Well shipped and discreet. The clay is great!!!!! Very clean looking and has a great taste to it. Man I'm serious the clay is the BOMB. I got to bake some. I hope my boyfriend don't eat it all. I'm impressed!!!!
Hi Meee

Im so glad that you got your order and that you are enjoying your clay. Tell him to buy his own :).

You have a wonderful day and I look forward to serving you in the future.
Leslie
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#3675 Jan 29, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Meee

Im so glad that you got your order and that you are enjoying your clay. Tell him to buy his own :).

You have a wonderful day and I look forward to serving you in the future.
Leslie
Lol he will be! Lol. Thanks alot.
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3676 Jan 29, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep.... We country lol.
Mee you crack me up. Love it !!!!!!!!!!
Mel

South Africa

#3677 Jan 29, 2013
Hi Salty,

Where in South Africa r u from? Can u send me different clays, wil pay u for it. I'm in Durban
Alabama Red

Tucker, GA

#3678 Jan 29, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
Goodmorning I finally receive the nzu calabar/ chalk and the taste is very earthy with a muddy tart taste. Didn't like it at first so I bake it and it is okay. It doesn't look like the long white chalk on the internet .its in medium size chunk sizes . It's very creamy and does stick to your theeth and gums. But overall it a good taste very smooth.
I'm glad you are enjoying it. Where did you order it from? & how long do you bake it?
Mary Tyler

United States

#3679 Jan 29, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you are enjoying it. Where did you order it from? & how long do you bake it?
Tropical Market 3.99 a bag .I bake it for 40 minutes.Global market also has some 6.99 a bag I haven't order from them yet ,but thinking about it the bag looks really yummy ..It's in the shape of little balls.
dirt cookies

Hollywood, FL

#3680 Jan 29, 2013
at mary tyler. i thought global market was the same as tropical market. are they not one and the same? do you have the link to tropical market? thanks
Clayaholic

Malden, UK

#3684 Jan 29, 2013
Actually the links aren't working Leslie.
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3685 Jan 29, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Congratulations Ms Leslie!:) I like it! Just takes a while to load that's all. You make it yourself?
Thank you Clayholic
Yes I did :) good learning experience. It just went live so hopefully it will speed up by tomorrow.
If not Im gonna call them.

Leslie
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3686 Jan 29, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
OK thanks, gonna check it out :)
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3687 Jan 29, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
Clayholic

Can you tell me what links arent working, what issues you see.
On my end when I log in as a consumer and click the links, they appear to be ok.

Thanks for your input.
Clayaholic

Malden, UK

#3688 Jan 29, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Clayholic
Can you tell me what links arent working, what issues you see.
On my end when I log in as a consumer and click the links, they appear to be ok.
Thanks for your input.
That's odd coz none of them are working. I click through your link, it takes me to the homepage and that's it.
Awura

Colchester, UK

#3689 Jan 29, 2013
Hi sisters does anyone know where I can buy the Ghana clay online???would have love to try Mavu's but It seems she out of stock atm
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3690 Jan 29, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
That's odd coz none of them are working. I click through your link, it takes me to the homepage and that's it.
So when you click on the tabs: About Us, Services, Contact Us, Prices, Web Store

You cant navigate?
Clayaholic

Malden, UK

#3692 Jan 29, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
So when you click on the tabs: About Us, Services, Contact Us, Prices, Web Store
You cant navigate?
Yeah I can't click on anything. None of the tabs are links. The only link that works is the facebook one.
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3693 Jan 29, 2013
Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Leslie I checked out your web page it looks good. No problems with the links. I wish you well with your business.
Hi Alabama Red

Thank you so much for the encourgement and support. And thanks for checking the links as well.

Hopefully this will streamline everyones request more quickly.

Fingers crossed for good things :)

Leslie
Clayaholic

Malden, UK

#3694 Jan 29, 2013
Awura wrote:
Hi sisters does anyone know where I can buy the Ghana clay online???would have love to try Mavu's but It seems she out of stock atm
Try Dali at [email protected] she sells the ghana egg shaped clay. Are you from Zim?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News USDA to Purchase Surplus Cheese for Food Banks ... Thu Serratus Anterior 1
News NYC Doctors Step In And 'Prescribe' Fruits And ... Aug 24 Serratus Anterior 1
News Fewer students eat school lunches as menus get ... Aug 20 Serratus Anterior 26
News 5 Nutrition Trends Found at NRA Show 2016 Aug 17 Serratus Anterior 4
News Fat is back: New guidelines give vilified nutri... (Jun '15) Aug 16 Serratus Anterior 3
News Food for Life's virtual drive strives to put fo... Aug 4 will Drought affe... 1
News Wellness Committee of Thousand Oaks Presents "1... Jul '16 Udo 1
More from around the web