Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,529
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3516 Jan 20, 2013
Calabash chalk: Your Questions Answered

What is Calabash chalk?.

Calabash chalk is a type of chalk sold in ethnic stores and markets, which comes in a variety of forms from powders, moulded shapes and blocks.

It's also known as Calabar stone, La Craie or Argile in French, Nzu by the Ibo of Nigeria, Mabele by the Lingala speaking people of Congo (ex-Zaire).
dirt cookies

Miami, FL

#3517 Jan 20, 2013
at mary tyler, there was a post about purchasing chewing stone at a website i think it was wahu international. do you know if it's working, or maybe they do not have clay in stock?
when i go to the website, there is no where to click to add an order, ot to check out.
Mary

Beaumont, TX

#3519 Jan 20, 2013
dirt cookies wrote:
at mary tyler, there was a post about purchasing chewing stone at a website i think it was wahu international. do you know if it's working, or maybe they do not have clay in stock?
when i go to the website, there is no where to click to add an order, to check out.
Hi Dirt Cookies web site is working there isn't any in stock that why you cant add an order. I email them and it was confirm they were out of stock and will notify when Odowa come availble. I think it was Odowa Lover on and earlier post said she use to order all the time ,then they ran out and never restock.She also email them for wanting future purchases. Have you tried the Global Market they have Nzu calabar/chalk for $6.99 A BAG BUT SHIPPING IS $26.00 TO PRICEY .
Meee258

United States

#3520 Jan 21, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Alexx I finally did my order with Wanda today. How many days does it take for it to arrive? I'm so hoping not a week long. I tried to order some from Tropical Food Market in Pittsburgh but there out. Has any one on the form every order from them before ? The back of Calabar/Chalk looks good $3.99 a bag. I'm still afraid to eat Calabar with Recall/Arsenic but I was gonna give this bag a try and hoping there is no Lead and Bad bacteria in it.
I live in Texas and it took 3 days ....
Alexx

Lithonia, GA

#3521 Jan 21, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> Hi Alexx I finally did my order with Wanda today. How many days does it take for it to arrive? I'm so hoping not a week long. I tried to order some from Tropical Food Market in Pittsburgh but there out. Has any one on the form every order from them before ? The back of Calabar/Chalk looks good $3.99 a bag. I'm still afraid to eat Calabar with Recall/Arsenic but I was gonna give this bag a try and hoping there is no Lead and Bad bacteria in it.
It was probably 2 days because we lived in the same state . It didn't take long , which I was happy because I didn't want to wait for a few weeks .
Mary

Beaumont, TX

#3522 Jan 21, 2013
Thanks I live in Texas also ..But with the Holiday today The clay will be shipped tomorrow:).
mobu consumer

South Africa

#3523 Jan 21, 2013
Hey guys, havnt been eating clay in almost 12 weeks, but I'm craving again now, n. I finally gathered the strength to come clean to my bf bout eating clay, he just laughed n told me he knew, I right there n then asked him to bring me some home, but he said he couldn't find any. I think he is lieng. Lol. Anyway, anyone from Zim, or Nigeria or Ghana willing to send me clay please tell me, I'm curious about other types of clay... Ill pay ofcoarse
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3524 Jan 21, 2013
Hi All

Just want to let all customers know that orders placed on yesterday will actually go out on tomorrow, Tuesday Jan 21, 2013. Today is a federal holiday/Martin Luther King Day and the post office is closed.

All orders will be sen out first thing on Tuesday Morning and you will get an email confirmation once it has been posted.

Have a great day everyone
Meee258

United States

#3525 Jan 21, 2013
Leslie wrote:
Hi All

Just want to let all customers know that orders placed on yesterday will actually go out on tomorrow, Tuesday Jan 21, 2013. Today is a federal holiday/Martin Luther King Day and the post office is closed.

All orders will be sen out first thing on Tuesday Morning and you will get an email confirmation once it has been posted.

Have a great day everyone
Dang I missed out on the sale. I was trying to remember tooo.... Can u extend.... Lol please
cornstarch an clay

Dyersburg, TN

#3526 Jan 21, 2013
I am looking for a good place to order clay an seen that Leslie has white dirt has anyone tried it? I would like to Know before I buy.
Alexx

Lithonia, GA

#3527 Jan 21, 2013
cornstarch an clay wrote:
I am looking for a good place to order clay an seen that Leslie has white dirt has anyone tried it? I would like to Know before I buy.
I never tried Leslie , hopefully I can soon . But I did try Wanda's who also sell white dirt & hers is really really good . I suggest to try it out .
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3528 Jan 21, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
Dang I missed out on the sale. I was trying to remember tooo.... Can u extend.... Lol please
Hi Meee

email me at LeslieCinGa@yahoo.ocm
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3529 Jan 21, 2013
Goodnight Ladies

Im turning in and I will check the email on tomorrow morning.

You all have a good rest of your day or begining of your day depending on what part of the world you live in.
UKNewbie

UK

#3530 Jan 21, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Email me on dsikanartey@hotmail.com. I have the ghana clay for sale.1 a bag and postage is 2.20 second class and 2.70 first class if you purchase up to 4 worth of clay.
Do you do samples? Also how much is in a bag?
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3531 Jan 21, 2013
UKNewbie wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you do samples? Also how much is in a bag?
No, I do not do samples and there are 6pcs in a bag
Mary

Beaumont, TX

#3532 Jan 21, 2013
Thanks Wanda back @ ya.
keisha

UK

#3533 Jan 21, 2013
I want some I really love this chalk
dirt cookies

Miami, FL

#3534 Jan 21, 2013
at mary tyler, thanks for the info. im going to order some from wanda. but i also wanted to try the ghana clay, odowa from wahu international, and i wanted to try the calabar chalk from tropical pittsburgh.i guessed ill have to wait till they have CLAY IN STOCK. i already order from mavu. i want to try all kind of clay. lol
cornstarch an clay

Dyersburg, TN

#3535 Jan 21, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
I never tried Leslie , hopefully I can soon . But I did try Wanda's who also sell white dirt & hers is really really good . I suggest to try it out .
how do I order from her?
Alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#3536 Jan 21, 2013
cornstarch an clay wrote:
<quoted text> how do I order from her?
This is Wanda website the one I tried .
http://www.goodoledirt.com/

I had ordered from her when she was on amazon . But now she has a website & the clay is cheaper .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Resistance to healthy school lunches reveals la... Tue Jim the Hoax Denier 1
Mormons carry a few more pounds (Feb '06) Oct 25 TRUTH 299
8 million Ugandan children live in abject pover... Oct 23 kizito 1
Food & Nutrition Conference & Expo (FNCE) 2014 ... Oct 22 Gerald Vonberger 1
Panel: Vitamins & Supplements May Not Be Worth ... (Dec '13) Oct 21 Glachealth 3
Alternative Medicines for a Yeast Infection (Jan '13) Oct 20 sakshi11 4
Adrenal fatigue could be making you tired, anxious (Sep '10) Oct 20 sakshi11 4

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE