Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9203 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

the truth

Sioux City, IA

#3565 Jan 23, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Your face is a joke. You are not the truth but in fact a lie. Good day...dear.
how sad of a person are you to say someone was rude to only see yourself as being more rude? I am done with you on how rude an unhappy you are. Life is not over find life in God. Good day dear child. DONE
clay junkie

UK

#3566 Jan 24, 2013
Let's all retract our claws, kiss n make up and let's just talk about our love for clay like the one I'm nibbling on right now......mmmmmmm how heavenly. X
Clay Partner

Johannesburg, South Africa

#3567 Jan 24, 2013
stop de noise wrote:
<quoted text>
My usband love it, he say I smell delicious when I walk past im, like when you smell de earty dust blowing up into your nose on a windy day by ant hill an tickling your nostril nicely ay.

You did not answer my question. You have days when the clay becomes too much for your system and you get sick and are in pain. Do you not care about the ones who love you when they get to witness you writhing in pain and wincing in discomfort till your face is discontorted?
What clay

Leicester, UK

#3568 Jan 24, 2013
stop de noise wrote:
<quoted text>
My usband love it, he say I smell delicious when I walk past im, like when you smell de earty dust blowing up into your nose on a windy day by ant hill an tickling your nostril nicely ay.
Hi, What clay is that, you eat?
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3569 Jan 24, 2013
Clay Partner wrote:
<quoted text>
You did not answer my question. You have days when the clay becomes too much for your system and you get sick and are in pain. Do you not care about the ones who love you when they get to witness you writhing in pain and wincing in discomfort till your face is discontorted?
Hi Clay Partner

I don't think that the clay is the problem, it sounds like moderation is in order.

Any type of food or drink taken to excess can cause humans pain and discomfort from over indulgence.

All people who love the taste and texture of Clay are not binging on it thus there is no discomfort. Clay actually has a lot of benefits and has been eaten for centuries by all manner of people all over the world.

Maybe what you and your partner need to do is come to a compromise as to the amount that is being ingested.

Also the pain would seem or probably come from constipation. Please make sure that your partner drinks plenty of water and maybe adding some soluble, tasteless fiber to the diet daily might help as well.

Also your partner may benefit from keeping some enemas on hand at home just for those time when the pain necessitates quick relief.

But the best option is moderation as in all things.

I have been eating clay since I was a child and I have no ill health effects from it. I love the taste and I eat it daily.

I wish you and your partner the best and hope that my suggestions help.
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3570 Jan 24, 2013
If you love to eat clay as I do, stop by and leave a message on my "Georgia White Dirt" Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-White-...

Lets eat clay, talk about it and enjoy!
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3571 Jan 24, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
Let's all retract our claws, kiss n make up and let's just talk about our love for clay like the one I'm nibbling on right now......mmmmmmm how heavenly. X
Brilliant idea. What clay are you eating now?
Mary Tyler

Humble, TX

#3572 Jan 24, 2013
Goodmorning all I was reading an article and the result says Nzu Salted Calabar / Chalk is safer on the Liver than Non Salted...I would have thought it would be the other way around.
dirt cookies

Miami, FL

#3573 Jan 24, 2013
at mary tyler,have you received any of the clays that you ordered? i did received the mavu that i ordered. it was ok, i did not get the earthy taste that i was looking for! have any one else, on the forum, encounter that?
clay junkie

UK

#3574 Jan 24, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
<quoted text>
Brilliant idea. What clay are you eating now?
Odowa. N washed it down with a nice thick glass of mango juice lol x
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3575 Jan 24, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay Junkie

I ate my kaolin while drinking my hot coffee :)
Clayaholic

London, UK

#3576 Jan 24, 2013
the truth wrote:
<quoted text> how sad of a person are you to say someone was rude to only see yourself as being more rude? I am done with you on how rude an unhappy you are. Life is not over find life in God. Good day dear child. DONE
I'm unhappy?? Since when? Wasn't aware of that. Good day dear child.
clay junkie

UK

#3577 Jan 24, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay Junkie
I ate my kaolin while drinking my hot coffee :)
Niiiiiice !

Since: Oct 12

Wakefield, UK

#3578 Jan 24, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay junkie where did you get odowa??? Please. Share....:) my cravings are back..

Since: Oct 12

Wakefield, UK

#3579 Jan 24, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm unhappy?? Since when? Wasn't aware of that. Good day dear child.
Clayaholic and the Truth, could you please just STOP IT!!!! It's spoiling the nice clay threads .... Kiss and make up and let's all be nice and polite to each other ...
Clayaholic

London, UK

#3580 Jan 24, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Clayaholic and the Truth, could you please just STOP IT!!!! It's spoiling the nice clay threads .... Kiss and make up and let's all be nice and polite to each other ...
Lol its just a bit of banter.*holds out olive branch*
Clayaholic

London, UK

#3581 Jan 24, 2013
I can't drink juice/tea/coffee when eating my clay. Messes the flavour up for me. Only water to keep it pure. Does anyone know if you can get clay from Tanzania? Do they have their own type?
clay junkie

UK

#3582 Jan 24, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Clay junkie where did you get odowa??? Please. Share....:) my cravings are back..
Have a friend who was sent a bag from uchumi, so I helped myself to a few pieces (more than a few coz she only eats them during her pees n isn't quite a fan lol) however sent someone to get me some. If it does come will most definately remember you x
Alabama Red

United States

#3583 Jan 24, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
I can't drink juice/tea/coffee when eating my clay. Messes the flavour up for me. Only water to keep it pure. Does anyone know if you can get clay from Tanzania? Do they have their own type?
I'm not sure about clay but they do have soil cake & it looks delicious. But I have not found anyone who sells it on the forum. I would love to try it. There's a video showing a woman eating it.
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#3584 Jan 24, 2013
clay junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
I have always wanted to try odowa. I went online to read about it recently. I have a friend in Kenya who just loves it. It says online that it is usually eaten by the poor people which is a wrong notion. It's a crave and I'm sure if people were to come out properly they would realise that it is written by all classes of people. I would love to try it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News School lunches rise 5 cents; 10 schools keep fr... 14 hr Three Days 7
News House Republicans Want To Cut Free School Lunch... 16 hr Three Days 5
News 5 no-diet tips for weight loss 20 hr HumanSpirit 2
News Keep junk food off kids' TV (and the In... Mon Three Days 13
News House Republican proposal would make it harder ... May 2 Culture War 2
News Store hours an obstacle to fresh foods in low-i... May 1 Linda 10
News Daycares Can No Longer Serve French Fries, Fros... Apr 30 Three Days 1
More from around the web