Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,771
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Trip ghana

Ashburn, VA

#3413 Jan 14, 2013
Hiya!! Been reading this post for while now, my mouth waters anytime i hear of clay.. Am in calgary Alberta.. Somefn exciting happened this xmas, my aunt invited me to come for holidays in ghana, mehn i was full of joy, after settling down went to the mini-marts to check out some clay.. OMG it was like a dream, i got about 30 pieces for almost a $2, the clay is grey and smooth, well they have the gritt onse as well but i prefered the smooth onse.. But clay weighs soo much i couldnt bring enough back to Calgary.. But managed to bring ALOT back home, as am writing am nibbling on some clay.. Cant wait to visit again.
A clay eater

UK

#3414 Jan 14, 2013
Trip ghana wrote:
Hiya!! Been reading this post for while now, my mouth waters anytime i hear of clay.. Am in calgary Alberta.. Somefn exciting happened this xmas, my aunt invited me to come for holidays in ghana, mehn i was full of joy, after settling down went to the mini-marts to check out some clay.. OMG it was like a dream, i got about 30 pieces for almost a $2, the clay is grey and smooth, well they have the gritt onse as well but i prefered the smooth onse.. But clay weighs soo much i couldnt bring enough back to Calgary.. But managed to bring ALOT back home, as am writing am nibbling on some clay.. Cant wait to visit again.
I know what you mean, In Ghana clay is so cheap, I often think if I lived there I would eat clay all the time. Be careful though, when you have loads, you just want to eat it all the time, and sometimes eat it more than food. Well I do anyway lol!

I think I'm due another visit myself, it is so easy to get clay there!
Alexx

Ellenwood, GA

#3415 Jan 14, 2013
A clay eater wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you mean, In Ghana clay is so cheap, I often think if I lived there I would eat clay all the time. Be careful though, when you have loads, you just want to eat it all the time, and sometimes eat it more than food. Well I do anyway lol!
I think I'm due another visit myself, it is so easy to get clay there!
I would to try Ghana clay . It sounds so good . & it seems like you can get it cheap . Which means loads of clay for a cheap price .
Wanda

Watseka, IL

#3416 Jan 14, 2013
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I wanted to make you guys aware that I have launched a website where you can now get my clay product at lower costs. By eliminating the fees I have to pay to amazon, I was able to cut the price per bag, and to celebrate the launch of the website, I am offering offering special additional discounts for a limited time. Also, when ordering multiple bags through our site, you are not charged multiple shipping costs like you would be on Amazon...so there's even more savings to you!
Check out www.goodoledirt.com and let me know what you think!
Oh yeah, international orders can be made on this site as well!

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#3417 Jan 14, 2013
Wanda wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
I wanted to make you guys aware that I have launched a website where you can now get my clay product at lower costs. By eliminating the fees I have to pay to amazon, I was able to cut the price per bag, and to celebrate the launch of the website, I am offering offering special additional discounts for a limited time. Also, when ordering multiple bags through our site, you are not charged multiple shipping costs like you would be on Amazon...so there's even more savings to you!
thank you thank you!!!! you are the best!!!!
lucy

Waldstetten, Germany

#3418 Jan 15, 2013
hey mathenge i live in German go to muller there they sell heilerde
i eat it its safe
peter

Waldstetten, Germany

#3419 Jan 15, 2013
hello swabi can you sent your clay to german?
Iheartclay

Widnes, UK

#3420 Jan 15, 2013
Wanda wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
The international shipping costs are such a turn off though. Paying 5 times the amount of the actual product in shipping!!? Which doubles after 2 bags.
GoodOleDirt

Leicester, UK

#3421 Jan 15, 2013
Wanda wrote:
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
At the Paypal stage the discount does not reflect the amount of bags bought, for eg you enter 3 bags @$6.99, the discount for new price ($5.24) should come to $5.25 for 3 bags, it stays stuck @$1.75 for 1 bag. If you could look into this Wanda. Thks.
mary

Austin, TX

#3422 Jan 15, 2013
Wanda your clay looks so good Im gonna give it a try. I have been out of clay since After Christmas with all the rain in Texas all the construction site are flooded ... I'm scared to order the nzu clay even though it looks so good,because of the Deadly Toxic of lead & Arcnic that the Web report in Nzu (calsbar/chalk). Ghana Clay egg shape you can't order online any where .Soul Sista is still out of Ghana clay I think.
WANDA

Rocky Mount, NC

#3423 Jan 15, 2013
Hey Guys! I made a boo boo...the discount wasnt multiplying on the site...Its fixed now for domestic orders, still working on International. For now, if you want to place a domestic order you can email support@goodoledirt.com, and I will get you taken care of...sorry about the international shipping costs guys, I think that plus the customs process is probably why a lot of sites just dont offer it at all ;(
WANDA

Rocky Mount, NC

#3424 Jan 15, 2013
Iheartclay wrote:
<quoted text>
The international shipping costs are such a turn off though. Paying 5 times the amount of the actual product in shipping!!? Which doubles after 2 bags.
Yeah, Iheart, I know the shipping costs are not great, probably why a lot of sites dont offer international shipping at all, sorry :(
WANDA

Rocky Mount, NC

#3425 Jan 15, 2013
mary wrote:
Wanda your clay looks so good Im gonna give it a try. I have been out of clay since After Christmas with all the rain in Texas all the construction site are flooded ... I'm scared to order the nzu clay even though it looks so good,because of the Deadly Toxic of lead & Arcnic that the Web report in Nzu (calsbar/chalk). Ghana Clay egg shape you can't order online any where .Soul Sista is still out of Ghana clay I think.
Thanks, Mary! I hope you like it!
WANDA

Rocky Mount, NC

#3426 Jan 15, 2013
GoodOleDirt wrote:
<quoted text>
At the Paypal stage the discount does not reflect the amount of bags bought, for eg you enter 3 bags @$6.99, the discount for new price ($5.24) should come to $5.25 for 3 bags, it stays stuck @$1.75 for 1 bag. If you could look into this Wanda. Thks.
Hey, this should be corrected now for domestic orders, for international orders email me to order at support@goodoledirt.com, or euporiabs@aol.com
WANDA

Rocky Mount, NC

#3427 Jan 15, 2013
WANDA wrote:
Hey Guys! I made a boo boo...the discount wasnt multiplying on the site...Its fixed now for domestic orders, still working on International. For now, if you want to place a domestic order you can email support@goodoledirt.com, and I will get you taken care of...sorry about the international shipping costs guys, I think that plus the customs process is probably why a lot of sites just dont offer it at all ;(
CORRECTION: EMAIL ME FOR INTERNATIONAL ORDERS, DOMESTIC ORDERS CAN BE DONE ON THE WEBSITE
Abazieu

United States

#3429 Jan 15, 2013
I know a lady in Atlanta that will ship the clay to your house when you call her and order it on the phone. Her lowest price is $1.99 highest $2.99. She sells the type from West Africa.
Mz libra

Bronx, NY

#3430 Jan 15, 2013
Just checked out Wanda's website. The prices are very reasonable and the dirt looks so good. Even the pic with just the crumbs....thinking about ordering to give it a try. Still eating my cornstarch just not as often as before. I actually still have the same box I purchased a month ago. To me that's progress.
Alexx

Ellenwood, GA

#3431 Jan 15, 2013
Abazieu wrote:
I know a lady in Atlanta that will ship the clay to your house when you call her and order it on the phone. Her lowest price is $1.99 highest $2.99. She sells the type from West Africa.
This lady have a store ?
Meee258

Ballwin, MO

#3432 Jan 15, 2013
Mz libra wrote:
Just checked out Wanda's website. The prices are very reasonable and the dirt looks so good. Even the pic with just the crumbs....thinking about ordering to give it a try. Still eating my cornstarch just not as often as before. I actually still have the same box I purchased a month ago. To me that's progress.
Oh my!!!! Do u know I stopped eating cornstarch? Cold turkey! I absolutely love it. This is my 14 day with out it and I ate it everyday. The weight gain was killing me!!!! I'm jealous that u eating it and I refuse lol. I ordered from Wanda today about an hour ago. I used to eat clay 15 years ago with the pregnancy of my son. Have had any since. I'll let u know how fast it gets here and if I like it.---- can't wait!!!
Mz libra

Bronx, NY

#3433 Jan 15, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my!!!! Do u know I stopped eating cornstarch? Cold turkey! I absolutely love it. This is my 14 day with out it and I ate it everyday. The weight gain was killing me!!!! I'm jealous that u eating it and I refuse lol. I ordered from Wanda today about an hour ago. I used to eat clay 15 years ago with the pregnancy of my son. Have had any since. I'll let u know how fast it gets here and if I like it.---- can't wait!!!
ok thanks! I went cold turkey for about 6 weeks and then I picked it back up. How did u eat yours? What brand did u eat? How much did u eat? If u don't mind me asking what state do you live in?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fitness Icon Denise Austin Introduces New 10-We... Sat DeniseAustinFan 1
7 things to know about epilepsy Dec 17 DeeDee86 2
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Dec 16 ADA 2014 18
Fighting the Flu With Food Dec 9 Weedhopper 1
GOP makes final push for school lunch waiver Dec 8 Lawrence Wolf 22
CO2 myth busted: Why we need more carbon dioxid... (Mar '13) Dec 6 Earthling-1 101
Obesity can shave years off life: study Dec 6 Pebbles 1
More from around the web