Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 8975 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#3462 Jan 17, 2013
Anyone that has tried goodolddirt did it make u have problems using the restroom.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3463 Jan 17, 2013
Hey all

I remember a conversation that was had about likeing the taste, texture, crunch of the clay or dirt so I went looking for some information. I think we could call this mouth fell like they do for any other food or drink.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg1872509...

The word: Mouth feel
THINK of the creaminess of mayonnaise, the viscosity of toffee and the greasiness of cold lard. Or the brittleness of butterscotch, the elasticity of jelly and the crunchiness of fresh carrots. Careful not to dribble. You have entered the complex world of mouth feel.

Mouth feel is the technical term food scientists use to describe how food feels in your mouth. You may think you know how, say, a piece of chocolate feels when you are munching it. But food scientists want to know about all the physical and chemical interactions going on in your mouth. Try putting precisely what you're experiencing into words and you'll begin to see why mouth feel is so hard to define.

What's the technique? Start with the first sensation you get when you put the food in your mouth - is it rough, smooth, oily or wet? Then consider how the food responds to ...
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3464 Jan 17, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
Anyone that has tried goodolddirt did it make u have problems using the restroom.
Hi Cornstarch eater

If you are new to the clay eating, you may want to start in moderation until your body adjusts. Kaolin I think is heavier/thicker than starch, but the upside is no weight gain.

A suggestion for you: Drink plenty of water and you may want to add some tasteless clear fiber to your water to aid you a well.

Walmart and may stores sell a cheaper brand comparable to fiber one. The tasteless one is really good. You can add it to your water or soda or whatever.

Hope those suggestions are helpful to you.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3465 Jan 17, 2013

People who eat chalk would probably love white dirt.
dirt cookies

Miami, FL

#3466 Jan 17, 2013
Anyone knows if wanda's clay is roasted?Im looking for roasted clay! they are two pictures on amazon, one where the clay is grey and the other, the clay is white! and also the picture that she use as the icon on her website looks grey also! not the on where it white in the bag full. so im thinking it is roasted
mili

Yakima, WA

#3467 Jan 17, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mili
Have you ever tried Kaolin, its what they make pottery from? I live here in Georgia and I can send you some. I think you would like it.
Shipped in the US
$5.00 per 1 pound Bag
Flat Rate Shipping Prices:
Small Box - Holds up to 2 bags $5.35
Medium Box - Holds up to 15 bags $11.35
Handling -$3.00
Payments accepted via PayPal
if interested email me at LeslieCinga@yahoo.com
i just mailed u
Mary Tyler

New Braunfels, TX

#3468 Jan 17, 2013
dirt cookies wrote:
Anyone knows if wanda's clay is roasted?Im looking for roasted clay! they are two pictures on amazon, one where the clay is grey and the other, the clay is white! and also the picture that she use as the icon on her website looks grey also! not the on where it white in the bag full. so im thinking it is roasted
Dirt Cookies I ask that same question couple of posted ago. It's does looked roasted Alexx brought some before he probaly will reply Later ...I'm gonna order 2 bags e I sure hope it full like the picture ... If it not rosted I will try and roast some my self.
dirt cookies

Miami, FL

#3469 Jan 17, 2013
k! great! Cause if it is, I will oder me at least 10 bags! I love roasted clay!

Let me know, once you receive it if it is roasted!
Alexx

Ellenwood, GA

#3470 Jan 17, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> Dirt Cookies I ask that same question couple of posted ago. It's does looked roasted Alexx brought some before he probaly will reply Later ...I'm gonna order 2 bags e I sure hope it full like the picture ... If it not rosted I will try and roast some my self.

Hi , I'm a girl by the way . The clay isn't roasted . It's just that the clay hasn't been chemically washed or nothing . It's straight from the ground which make it so much earthier . To me it taste better the way it comes , so I didn't roast it . & yes your bag would be full of clay just like in the picture . It's really good clay . If I had the money I would order more . But w/ me being only 16 I had to rely on others from this forum to help me get clay . You won't regret the purchase . I hope you enjoy the clay as much as I did .:)
Alexx

Ellenwood, GA

#3471 Jan 17, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
No . I think it cleans out my system more . There wasn't no troubles of using the bathroom . That just me personally .
dirt cookies

Miami, FL

#3472 Jan 17, 2013
how do i toast the white dirt,then? if i have to! anybody knows?

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#3473 Jan 17, 2013
cornstrach eater wrote:
no not at all. Just the opposite. any kaolin clay makes me have to go
mili

United States

#3474 Jan 17, 2013
I live in washington srtate does anyone know whete i can get some good clay near here ot somrone can send me some soon?
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3475 Jan 18, 2013
mili wrote:
<quoted text> i just mailed u
Hi Mili
Check your email for a response. I hope you have a great day.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3476 Jan 18, 2013
mili wrote:
I live in washington srtate does anyone know whete i can get some good clay near here ot somrone can send me some soon?
Hi Mili

You live in the US and I can ship to you today. You can have it in 2-3 days via US mail.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3477 Jan 18, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
No . I think it cleans out my system more . There wasn't no troubles of using the bathroom . That just me personally .
Hi Alexx

I agree with you and Swabbi, it cleans my system and helps me go. Im very regular. I also find that for me it maintains weight. Kinda like a natural appetite suppresant.
crazy_clay

Glasgow, UK

#3478 Jan 18, 2013
MavuSeller wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi, basically its a special clay that is dug underground and in its natural form when you eat it unbaked it forms like a smooth clay texture that you can suck on but I always bake mine to my taste so that its crumbly but I can still suck on it a bit. The longer that you bake it the harder it gets where you can't suck on anything. It all depends on what you prefer.
But the flavour is like the smell before the rain that's the best way I can put it. It's a beautiful earthy flavour and definitely not salty as I've heard some clays described. It will be sold in random chunks and the colour is like a light khaki brown cream colour.
I hope you have a better idea of what I will be selling and if you have anymore questions just let me know.
does your website really works i am trying for so many days.......
Mary Tyler

Blanco, TX

#3479 Jan 18, 2013
dirt cookies wrote:
how do i toast the white dirt,then? if i have to! anybody knows?
In the Oven .
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3480 Jan 18, 2013
Special Offer/This Weekend Only!!!!!!!!!!

*******United States Customers**********

Buy 1, 1 pound bag of Georgia White Dirt and Get 1 for free!!

$5.00 - 1 pound bag GA White Dirt
$0.00 - 1 pound bag GA White Dirt
$5.35 - Shipping Flat Rate/Small Box
$3.00 - Handling
Total for 2 bags =$13.35

Your payment must be received by midnight on Sunday, Eastern Standard Time to qualify.

Email me at LeslieCinGa@yahoo.com with your shipping address and I will invoice you via PayPal.

All packages shipped quickly and discretely

Have a Great Weekend
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3481 Jan 18, 2013
Special Offer/This Weekend Only!!!!!!!!!!

*******International Customers**********

Buy 1, 1 pound bag of Georgia White Dirt and Get 1 for free!!

$5.00 - 1 pound bag GA White Dirt
$0.00 - 1 pound bag GA White Dirt
$16.95 - Shipping Flat Rate/Small Box
$3.00 - Handling
Total for 2 bags =$24.95

Your payment must be received by midnight on Sunday, Eastern Standard Time to qualify.

Email me at LeslieCinGa@yahoo.com with your shipping address and I will invoice you via PayPal.

All packages shipped quickly and discretely

Have a Great Weekend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U.S. Gives $7 Bil in Food Benefits to "Ineligib... Fri ronnie 15
News School Leaders Fire Back Against Claims Of Unhe... (May '10) May 20 Superintendant of... 19
News The Mosaic Company Named No. 40 on 100 Best Cor... May 19 Fertilizing Divid... 1
News Republicans Eye Changes to Food-Stamp Program May 13 Go Blue Forever 65
News High-protein diets may backfire in the long run May 12 brickboo 1
News Female and losing your hair? Don't worry h- her... May 10 bengiekrome 2
News El Pasoans asked to fill brown paper bags with ... May 8 L Morales 1
More from around the web