Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9234 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

dirt cookies

Miami, FL

#3442 Jan 17, 2013
It is the Haitian diet cookies, it is so good! Is is made made with a special clay from Haiti. but i dont have acces to it here in Florida.
I tried the white dirt, From Sam's and home grown dirt of Georgia, but I did not really like it.
I want to try something different, like Odowa, Mavu, Calabash chalk, ect...
mili

United States

#3444 Jan 17, 2013
I love clay. I consume it everytime i can. Theres just one problem. I started consuming clay with glaze and it gave me lead poisoning and i unfortunetly was breastfeeding at the time and gave my son lead poisoning also. It is so painful when you have lead poisoning so i recommendthat you buy the one without glaze.It is an iron deficiency problem. Im very amemic and this is why I crave so much i can go thru two jars of clay a day. Its a bad addiction and I wish i could stop.
Tina

Kennesaw, GA

#3445 Jan 17, 2013
mili wrote:
I love clay. I consume it everytime i can. Theres just one problem. I started consuming clay with glaze and it gave me lead poisoning and i unfortunetly was breastfeeding at the time and gave my son lead poisoning also. It is so painful when you have lead poisoning so i recommendthat you buy the one without glaze.It is an iron deficiency problem. Im very amemic and this is why I crave so much i can go thru two jars of clay a day. Its a bad addiction and I wish i could stop.
Hi Mili
Sorry to hear about the lead poisoning. If you dont mind my asking, what were the sypmtoms?
mary

United States

#3446 Jan 17, 2013
Hi Mili what is glazed?
Mary Tyler

United States

#3447 Jan 17, 2013
Ladies and Gents check out these mud /clay video ..Boy if I was there I would be eating clay all day long ..Lol the Clay on these videos look so good and creamy .you tube : Simon Leach processing dug clay and mud moments and heaven is here .....
Mucha

UK

#3448 Jan 17, 2013
zaheera wrote:
<quoted text> hey there I was not able to order on your website is there's any problem
I thnk she doesnt have any clay at e mo.
Meee258

United States

#3449 Jan 17, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
Ladies and Gents check out these mud /clay video ..Boy if I was there I would be eating clay all day long ..Lol the Clay on these videos look so good and creamy .you tube : Simon Leach processing dug clay and mud moments and heaven is here .....
No video attached !!
Mary Tyler

Killeen, TX

#3450 Jan 17, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
No video attached !!
Meee you have go on you tube and type in the words.
Milly

Germany

#3451 Jan 17, 2013
Want to recommend something to all those of you who crave eating clay(nzu). It does not only have a great taste but also very healthy. You would not experience anything like constipation whatsoever. It is infact a natural deitary supplement. I am using it since a year now and never experienced any health hazards. In germany its called heilerde which means healing earth. None of you would ever regret getting a pack. Here is a link to pictures and facts about this wonder powder. I recommend translating the page into english. Simply copy and paste the following into your browser. Alright, have a happy new year and God bless you!.http://www.google.de/sear ch?hl=de&q=heilerde&ba v=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.& bvm=bv.41248874,d.Yms&biw= 1366&bih=594&um=1& ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&sour ce=og&sa=N&tab=wi& ei=NV34UJPkFYfxsgbNmICYBg
Alexx

Conley, GA

#3452 Jan 17, 2013
dirt cookies wrote:
It is the Haitian diet cookies, it is so good! Is is made made with a special clay from Haiti. but i dont have acces to it here in Florida.
I tried the white dirt, From Sam's and home grown dirt of Georgia, but I did not really like it.
I want to try something different, like Odowa, Mavu, Calabash chalk, ect...
It's probably cause of the chemically taste it had . A lot of us didn't like it until we put it in a paper bag & let it dry out . & once it dries out its really earthy , smooth & creamy .
Alexx

Conley, GA

#3453 Jan 17, 2013
I feel like I live in this double life . Like I can't get on here & just talk freely about eating clay & how I crave clay . But then off this forum I have to be like eww who eats clay ? That sounds nasty . & I have to hide the fact that I do eat clay or even get on this forum cause I don't want nobody to see that's crave clay . It's so complicated . Anyways the cravings for clay is starting to come back but it's not strong . Trying to see how long can I go before I start demanding clay .
Meee258

Dallas, TX

#3454 Jan 17, 2013
Milly wrote:
Want to recommend something to all those of you who crave eating clay(nzu). It does not only have a great taste but also very healthy. You would not experience anything like constipation whatsoever. It is infact a natural deitary supplement. I am using it since a year now and never experienced any health hazards. In germany its called heilerde which means healing earth. None of you would ever regret getting a pack. Here is a link to pictures and facts about this wonder powder. I recommend translating the page into english. Simply copy and paste the following into your browser. Alright, have a happy new year and God bless you!.http://www.google.de/sear ch?hl=de&q=heilerde&ba v=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.& bvm=bv.41248874,d.Yms&biw= 1366&bih=594&um=1& ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&sour ce=og&sa=N&tab=wi& ei=NV34UJPkFYfxsgbNmICYBg
I guess I'm slow... How do I convert the page and I want go order a box
mili

United States

#3455 Jan 17, 2013
Ok so the symptons for lead poisoning are differemt. For me it was just a really bad non stop cholic in your stomach. Its on going and you cant really eat anything. Nothing helps. You practically have to get Kilation therapy which are these huge pills that you drink that can take lead out. But lead can stay in your system forever. It stays into your bones. If you are breastfeeding or pregnant you can pass it on to your child. And it affects the way the kids learn or grow in the future. I also had like hray stains in my teeth like on my gums which is the lead. They went away and my teeth are clean now but thwy were pretty essed up looking for a while.

Glaze is like the glossy paint that they put on the clay. See i was consuming mexican pottery amd i bought clay dishes from the store that had glaze. So the clay was non lead poisoning but the glaze that was put on is full if lead.
mili

United States

#3456 Jan 17, 2013
Tina wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mili
Sorry to hear about the lead poisoning. If you dont mind my asking, what were the sypmtoms?
Ok so the symptons for lead poisoning are
differemt. For me it was just a really bad non
stop cholic in your stomach. Its on going and
you cant really eat anything. Nothing helps. You
practically have to get Kilation therapy which are
these huge pills that you drink that can take lead
out. But lead can stay in your system forever. It
stays into your bones. If you are breastfeeding
or pregnant you can pass it on to your child. And
it affects the way the kids learn or grow in the
future. I also had like hray stains in my teeth like
on my gums which is the lead. They went away
and my teeth are clean now but thwy were pretty
essed up looking for a while.
mili

United States

#3457 Jan 17, 2013
mary wrote:
Hi Mili what is glazed?
Glaze is like the glossy paint that they put on the
clay. See i was consuming mexican pottery amd
i bought clay dishes from the store that had
glaze. So the clay was non lead poisoning but
the glaze that was put on is full if lead
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3458 Jan 17, 2013
mili wrote:
<quoted text>
Glaze is like the glossy paint that they put on the
clay. See i was consuming mexican pottery amd
i bought clay dishes from the store that had
glaze. So the clay was non lead poisoning but
the glaze that was put on is full if lead
Hi Mili

Have you ever tried Kaolin, its what they make pottery from? I live here in Georgia and I can send you some. I think you would like it.

Shipped in the US
$5.00 per 1 pound Bag

Flat Rate Shipping Prices:

Small Box - Holds up to 2 bags $5.35

Medium Box - Holds up to 15 bags $11.35

Handling -$3.00

Payments accepted via PayPal
if interested email me at [email protected]
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3459 Jan 17, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
I live in dallas Texas!!!! Please tell me the website to buy good clay dirt. And what is DE. Where do I get it? I have been eating clay dirt for about 2 years and just stopped cold turkey. The weight gain is a turn off. Please help!!!!!
Hi Mee

I find that eating dirt has the opposite effect of starch as it helps you maintain or loose weight.

If you want to try our Georgia White dirt, I ship same day and I always have some in stock.

Shipped in the US
$5.00 per 1 pound Bag

Handling -$3.00

Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#3460 Jan 17, 2013
Chalk lover wrote:
Hi all,
I have white dirt again!!!! Available to all UK clay lovers :-)6 a bag. Plus postage 2.70 1st class or 2.20 2nd class (no delivery tracking - this would be extra)
Email me on [email protected]
Hi Chalk Lover

Im so glad that you are now able to offer this product to our sisters/brothers in the UK. Its so hard to find people with a consistent stock.

Ive been on this fourm for a minute and I noticed that its hard for our clay eating friends to find a supplly overseas. This should help them out since they wont have to pay those high shipping prices that they pay to get it from here in the USA.
Meee258

Lockhart, TX

#3461 Jan 17, 2013
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>Hi Mee

I find that eating dirt has the opposite effect of starch as it helps you maintain or loose weight.

If you want to try our Georgia White dirt, I ship same day and I always have some in stock.

Shipped in the US
$5.00 per 1 pound Bag

Handling -$3.00

And I will try u too!!!! Thanks
cornstrach eater

Woodbridge, VA

#3462 Jan 17, 2013
Anyone that has tried goodolddirt did it make u have problems using the restroom.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UNHEALTHY Take soda, candy off food stamp list Mar 17 Jacky 80
News Should food stamps be used to buy soda and cand... Mar 16 Sweet tooth 1
News Trump's cuts to nutrition programs will put old... Mar 16 Texxy 1
News Nobody likes Obamalunch Either Mar 14 Texxy 1
News Michelle Obamaa s Healthy School Lunch Program ... Mar 14 Faith Michigan 3
News 14 Arrested In Raids Related to$16 Million Food... Mar 13 Texxy 5
News States push to keep people from buying junk foo... Mar 11 coyote505 3
More from around the web