Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,452
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#3388 Jan 11, 2013
Chalk lover wrote:
Hi all, I have got some ayilo/nzu/cylinder shaped greyish colour clay for sale!!! Here is a video link of how they make it http://www.juzztv.com/watch_video.php...
Just email me if your interested disham68@yahoo.co.uk
happy clay eating (in moderation)
God bless
HI Chalklover are you still selling this type of clay?
muddassir

UK

#3389 Jan 11, 2013
While I was in my early teens I was taken to a spectacular show by a friend`s mother where I saw several eomen eating calabar clay being proud of knowledge of science I wonder whether this could affect their health or not but still now I am on my way for searcvhin on that could help meĽ
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#3390 Jan 11, 2013
Came across an interesting old report on eating earth and clay from 1895....I like reading about how widespread this practice is/was.

http://www.well.com/user/peter/eatdirt.html
sand lady

High Point, NC

#3391 Jan 12, 2013
I started eating dirt when I was anemic. I was afraid of what was in the dirt so I switched to play sand. It looks clean. I don't eat it for the taste but for the texture. I know it is not good for my teeth but it hasn't hurt me.
Alexx

Ellenwood, GA

#3392 Jan 12, 2013
Just got finish eating my clay . Powder & all . All gone . Let's see how long it'll be before I start craving for clay again . Idk what I'll to get the clay .
Iheartclay

UK

#3393 Jan 12, 2013
Alexx wrote:
Just got finish eating my clay . Powder & all . All gone . Let's see how long it'll be before I start craving for clay again . Idk what I'll to get the clay .
What clay was this?? I hate when I run out the same time as my supplier. Leaving me in a clay craving limbo arghh!!
Alexx

United States

#3394 Jan 12, 2013
Iheartclay wrote:
<quoted text>
What clay was this?? I hate when I run out the same time as my supplier. Leaving me in a clay craving limbo arghh!!
Kaolin clay / white dirt
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#3395 Jan 12, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Kaolin clay / white dirt
Hey Alexx were did you get it from?
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#3396 Jan 12, 2013
angela wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Ackee , HOw are you? I hope you are well, and Thank you. I will get better i guess.:) and yes, i really believe the only time most people crave clay is when they have some sort of defeciency in their body most likely iron. I only crave it when i am anemic. I am thinking about ordering from wanda on amazon. I will send you some if i do order.
Have anybody order from Wanda on Amazon,If so what did the clay taste like?
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#3397 Jan 12, 2013
I looked at the bags It look pretty full and the second picture look like the clay roasted.I hope so I think the second picture look Delicious .
Alexx

Ellenwood, GA

#3398 Jan 13, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Alexx were did you get it from?
Amazon , the clay from Wanda . The clay is really good & worth your money . It's very earthy . It's not process , everything is all natural . I really like it . If I could order some again I would .
Nicole

Billings, MT

#3399 Jan 13, 2013
Hello, I'm 16 years old and I love eating clay, brick dust, and chalk.. It just tastes so amazing and I can't stop eating it.. Will it hurt me?
clay junkie

UK

#3400 Jan 13, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
I have lost my taste for clay ... Lets se how long this will last.... Somebody brought me odowa from my country but this time it does not taste nice... It tastes sweet instead of earthy ... No cravings either...
Are the surfaces powdery......? If so, its tampered with. If not and its slightly darker in the inside or has a few dark red streaks then I understand why it would be sweet. Its a kind of sweet at the back of your tongue...kinda difficult to explain though.
Henewaa

UK

#3401 Jan 13, 2013
in Ghana, Africa, we prepared it specially for human consumption. usu[QUOTE who Henewaa="peter"]Wher e can I find good eating clay?[/QUOTE]
mary

Katy, TX

#3402 Jan 13, 2013
Alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazon , the clay from Wanda . The clay is really good & worth your money . It's very earthy . It's not process , everything is all natural . I really like it . If I could order some again I would .
Thanks Alexx.
mary

Katy, TX

#3407 Jan 13, 2013
Henewaa wrote:
in Ghana, Africa, we prepared it specially for human consumption. usu<quoted text>
Hi Henewaa I don't know where you can find good clay like the one in Ghana,Africa . I don't think in the US they have clay as good that one ..Lol we just go to construction sites and clay pit or order on line . But if you ever finds some please please let me know or send me a sample of Ghana clay ...It's looks so good on the video. Welcome to the site.
Meee258

United States

#3409 Jan 13, 2013
I live in dallas Texas!!!! Please tell me the website to buy good clay dirt. And what is DE. Where do I get it? I have been eating clay dirt for about 2 years and just stopped cold turkey. The weight gain is a turn off. Please help!!!!!
Meee258

United States

#3410 Jan 13, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
I live in dallas Texas!!!! Please tell me the website to buy good clay dirt. And what is DE. Where do I get it? I have been eating clay dirt for about 2 years and just stopped cold turkey. The weight gain is a turn off. Please help!!!!!
I meant I been eating cornstarch lol. Looking for clay though!!!!!
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3411 Jan 14, 2013
Meee258 wrote:
<quoted text>
I meant I been eating cornstarch lol. Looking for clay though!!!!!
Hi Meee

Check out my FaceBook page for people who love clay. Leave a message and share it with those who love clay.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-White-...
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3412 Jan 14, 2013
If you live in the United States and You want to try our Georgia White Dirt, email me at LeslieCinGa@yahoo.com

Buy Georgia White Dirt
1 pd/16 0z bags
$5.00 per bag

Shipping/Handling Prices USA:
Flat Rate Shipping Prices
Small Box - Holds up to 2 bags $5.35
Medium Box - Holds up to 15 bags $11.35
Handling=$3.00

Have a great day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Get your vaccines up to date 15 hr ricDUH DUH99 8
Shoppers Are Suing Bottled Water Manufacturers ... (Apr '13) Sat Thruth will come out 5
Asda slammed by ASA over baby milk nutrition cl... Oct 16 Mike Brady 1
Food stamp cutbacks hit thousands of Montanans (Aug '13) Oct 12 Elise Gingrich 4
Ha Noi: More fat kids becoming Vietnam's concern Oct 12 Phan Boi Chau Nephew 1
Food4Kids has local drop-off point (Dec '13) Oct 9 what will kids eat 2
Ore-Ida Brand Takes the Hassle Out of Homemade ... (Oct '08) Oct 8 mateus 26

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE