Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
3,281 - 3,300 of 7,850 Comments Last updated 5 hrs ago
Clayaholic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Concerned clay eater wrote:
Hey guys! I just ordered some white dirt from Mutt and Jeff. I just decided to give it a try, I wasn't sure if they shipped to the UK , but it seems they do!!!! I am sooo excited!
I will let you know as soon as I receive it, and those in the uk can finally order some home grown Georgia white dirt!!! Hmm yummy!
How much was it with shipping??
Concerned clay eater

Wigan, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Aww, bad news guys, I just got a refund from Mutt and Jeff :-(. I guess no white dirt for me! It seems they really don't ship to the UK, I was hoping I got lucky......sad.
Clayaholic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Aww, bad news guys, I just got a refund from Mutt and Jeff :-(. I guess no white dirt for me! It seems they really don't ship to the UK, I was hoping I got lucky......sad.
Too good to be true ey? I hope Mavu hurries up!
Chalk lover

Swansea, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Hi all,

I have white dirt again!!!! Available to all UK clay lovers :-)6 a bag. Plus postage 2.70 1st class or 2.20 2nd class (no delivery tracking - this would be extra)
Email me on disham68@yahoo.co.uk
Chalk lover

Swansea, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Hi all,

If more bags are ordered, the postage would automatically increase. I would have to find out for each individual order if more than one bag is requested.

Take care and happy clay eating
Clayaholic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Chalk lover wrote:
Hi all,
I have white dirt again!!!! Available to all UK clay lovers :-)6 a bag. Plus postage 2.70 1st class or 2.20 2nd class (no delivery tracking - this would be extra)
Ooo how much is there in a bag?
Chalk lover

Swansea, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Hi Clayholic

There is about 180-200 g per bag depending on the chunk sizes.
Concerned clay eater

Wigan, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Hi,@ chalk lover
I just sent you an email, asking how much clay was in one bag?
Sarah

Israel

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I started eating clay nzu during my pregnancy at a time I stopped and started again after deliver, my breat milk stopped flowing when I took it, that got me so worried, but to stop eating it is difficult, I would see some dust and bricks and wish I could eat them. But thank God it's over.
Love Clay

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Chalk lover wrote:
Hi all,
200 grams is the equivalent of 1.6 cups. It is equal to a little bit less than half of a pound.

6 Euros =$7.87 US dollars

2.70 Euro =$3.54 US dollars

2.20 Euro =$2.88 US dollars

So you can get 1/2 pound shipped to you in the UK 2nd class for about $10.75 US or 8.20 Euro
Love Clay

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

So just to get a 1 pound bag it would be

12 Euros or $15.74 US
Alexx

Rex, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Love Clay wrote:
12 Euros or $15.74 US
Gosh that's a lot of money for 1 pound .
Chalk lover

Swansea, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Love Clay wrote:
12 Euros or $15.74 US
Hi Love Clay,

I notice you live in GA. I wish I lived there too, as I'd be able to get white dirt for cheap. However, it costs quite a bit to ship large amounts of white dirt over to the UK (where I live) and sometimes white dirt can be held in customs, which I might add, you must pay an additional fee for it to be released and shipped to you. So all in all, it costs more than a fair bit.

So if any one is interested in ordering white dirt, just email me at disham68@yahoo.co.uk

kind regards and God bless
Concerned clay eater

Wigan, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I think the price seems fair, in the US you can get a whole pound for just a dollar, but since it has to be shipped all the way to the U.K , it will no doubt get pricey.

@chalklover, I just sent you an email asking for 2 bags.

I can't wait to finally get some!! I hope I'm not disappointed :-).
Will let you guys know how it goes.
Love Clay

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

I think the price seems fair, in the US you can get a whole pound for just a dollar, but since it has to be shipped all the way to the U.K , it will no doubt get pricey.
@chalklover, I just sent you an email asking for 2 bags.
I can't wait to finally get some!! I hope I'm not disappointed :-).
Will let you guys know how it goes.
Not commenting on fair or not fair, just doing a break down in costs :)
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Mary, that's the type I'm always trying to find here. I got excited a few weeks back when I spotted what I hoped would be good, but when I was able to go back I couldn't get access to the construction site.
ALT I know the feeling I just hate it when you scope out a site then go back later in dark and cant get to the clay or either the isn't right. When I do get to the site and it the right clay I try to take as much as I can .LOL cause I dont know when I find another good site. Good Luck on the Clay Hunt.
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Alabama Red wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes this what I prefer too. I like to let it dry out the taste is great.
Yes it is are bake it
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> ALT I know the feeling I just hate it when you scope out a site then go back later in dark and cant get to the clay or either the isn't right. When I do get to the site and it the right clay I try to take as much as I can .LOL cause I dont know when I find another good site. Good Luck on the Clay Hunt.
Mary, it's funny how similar some of us are - you know EXACTLY what it's like....but if we tried to explain to somebody who wasn't like us they would think we were crazy lol!
Clayaholic

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2013

@Chalklover where do you get the white dirt shipped to you from??
Wondering

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 11, 2013

mmmm... glazed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••