Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,346
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Clayaholic

UK

#3347 Jan 8, 2013
Has anyone tried roasting Mavu's clay?? It is the best flavour ever!!!! Especially when you keep it in the oven for like and hour and a bit. Sooo yummy! Anyone else like it baked??
Concerned clay eater

Wigan, UK

#3348 Jan 8, 2013
Hey Guys!,
I actually had a dream last night about eating clay hahaha! I dreamt I went into an African store and i wasn't even there to buy clay, then I just heard the lady ask one of the assistants if she has put the clay on the shelves yet! Lol. Then right before me the assistant started bringing out all types of varieties of clay, odowa, nzu, ghana clay, mavu clay etc and stocking them! I can't recall past that ! I don't know if I bought them or tasted them.....
Mel

South Africa

#3349 Jan 8, 2013
Hi concerned clay eater,

These past few days I have been also dreaming of clay, lol, its like heaven, lol, surrounded by clay mmm, as I eat it in my dream can actually get da taste, craving it so badly
Mucha

UK

#3350 Jan 8, 2013
Clayaholic wrote:
Has anyone tried roasting Mavu's clay?? It is the best flavour ever!!!! Especially when you keep it in the oven for like and hour and a bit. Sooo yummy! Anyone else like it baked??
Thtats the clay i eat. I prefer it to all the types ive tried. Just got a bag from zim. How do i bake it?
mary

Webster, TX

#3351 Jan 8, 2013
Mucha wrote:
<quoted text>
Thtats the clay i eat. I prefer it to all the types ive tried. Just got a bag from zim. How do i bake it?
Mucha Get a baking pan and bake for 30 - 45 minutes 300%degrees in oven .Keep a close eye on it ,yum yum good. I've been out of clay for about 2 weeks so craving is high. It's pouring rain here so construction site are close.The clay hunt will be on hold because of the wetness .I'll to wait until it dries out and bake in the hot sun.
mary

Webster, TX

#3352 Jan 8, 2013
Mel wrote:
Hi concerned clay eater,
These past few days I have been also dreaming of clay, lol, its like heaven, lol, surrounded by clay mmm, as I eat it in my dream can actually get da taste, craving it so badly
Manvuseller is Out Of Clay Again ..
clay junkie

UK

#3353 Jan 8, 2013
odowa lover wrote:
Am sorry she is already here and only brought one bag. Next time will remember you...
<quoted text>


Oh what a shame......, thanks luv xxxx
mary

Webster, TX

#3354 Jan 8, 2013
Soul Sista wrote:
Just to let you all know that I have currently run out of stock of both the Ghana and Nigerian clay. Been getting loads of enquiries and just thought I should let you know. Will be getting some more stock in the second week of January. Will let you know as soon as I get it. Happy holidays and best wishes for the New Year.
Hi Soul Sista have the Ghana clay come in yet?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#3355 Jan 8, 2013
Concerned clay eater wrote:
Hey Guys!,
I actually had a dream last night about eating clay hahaha! I dreamt I went into an African store and i wasn't even there to buy clay, then I just heard the lady ask one of the assistants if she has put the clay on the shelves yet! Lol. Then right before me the assistant started bringing out all types of varieties of clay, odowa, nzu, ghana clay, mavu clay etc and stocking them! I can't recall past that ! I don't know if I bought them or tasted them.....
What a dream! I would love to come across a store like that in real life, where all types of clay was in stock. I'd sample them all right there, so that I could buy a big supply of my favourites.
i want clay

Perth, Australia

#3356 Jan 8, 2013
hi every1..im from western australia and craving clay so bad..but i can't find any in here i need that earthy tase clay..im also 33weeks preg..i really hope that i can get help from any1..pleease help..my craving is really high..thx

Since: Oct 12

Colchester, UK

#3357 Jan 9, 2013
I have lost my taste for clay ... Lets se how long this will last.... Somebody brought me odowa from my country but this time it does not taste nice... It tastes sweet instead of earthy ... No cravings either...
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#3358 Jan 9, 2013
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Georgia-White-...

Georgia White Dirt FaceBook Page
Concerned clay eater

Wigan, UK

#3359 Jan 9, 2013
@odowa lover
You are so lucky!!! Ive been looking for ways to get odowa, it looks soooo yummy. Maybe your cravings have reduced because you are eating more fruits and veggies? That works for me.
What do you mean it tastes sweet? You mean like sugary?

Since: Oct 12

Colchester, UK

#3360 Jan 9, 2013
Yes it tastes sugary ..., sort of.. It came all the way from those sides of kisumu ... What a waste??? I thought it would be odowa original..
Concerned clay eater wrote:
@odowa lover
You are so lucky!!! Ive been looking for ways to get odowa, it looks soooo yummy. Maybe your cravings have reduced because you are eating more fruits and veggies? That works for me.
What do you mean it tastes sweet? You mean like sugary?
Alexx

Ellenwood, GA

#3361 Jan 9, 2013
I'm back to craving clay again . That earthy taste is so good . I haven't ate it in it 5 days . So almost a week w/o eating clay must've brought my iron back low . I was kinda hoping that I got over the craving of clay . Guess not .
Concerned clay eater

Wigan, UK

#3362 Jan 9, 2013
Hey guys! I just ordered some white dirt from Mutt and Jeff. I just decided to give it a try, I wasn't sure if they shipped to the UK , but it seems they do!!!! I am sooo excited!

I will let you know as soon as I receive it, and those in the uk can finally order some home grown Georgia white dirt!!! Hmm yummy!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#3363 Jan 9, 2013
I would love to pick through this and put some out to dry...

Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#3364 Jan 9, 2013
All things clay wrote:
I would love to pick through this and put some out to dry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vojd06SX7V4XX
That the kind of clay that I eat and crave!!I get mines from sand/clay pit or construction sites. Love the video
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#3365 Jan 9, 2013
Mary Tyler wrote:
<quoted text> That the kind of clay that I eat and crave!!I get mines from sand/clay pit or construction sites. Love the video
Hi Mary, that's the type I'm always trying to find here. I got excited a few weeks back when I spotted what I hoped would be good, but when I was able to go back I couldn't get access to the construction site.
Alabama Red

Duluth, GA

#3366 Jan 9, 2013
All things clay wrote:
I would love to pick through this and put some out to dry...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =vojd06SX7V4XX
Yes this what I prefer too. I like to let it dry out the taste is great.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
San Juan County schools districts adjust to new... Mon BeHereNow 5
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) Mon jaya 65
Polish polyphenol study identifies coffee, tea ... Sep 28 Clear Dharma 21
Hardee's Sandwich Piles Meat On More Meat (Apr '06) Sep 28 jeffery luise 40
U.S. nutrition program for mothers, infants see... Sep 25 BeHereNow 3
Passion for food: FoodCorps service worker to h... Sep 24 Profits 1
Knee joint replacment surgery Sep 24 gaile53 28

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE