Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,787
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
miss clayer

UK

#3042 Dec 10, 2012
Hi chalk lover! I have never tried the crayola chalks but if it has that same filmy coating around it then yes! I love those types! Thanks for your email :)
miss clayer

UK

#3043 Dec 11, 2012
Why is everyone so quiet??@Mz Libra, yes I had tried baby powder, the J&J mild baby powder..didn't acquire the taste so never went back, its only clay and chalk for me.. I noticed that the craving only comes up when I'm bored or after I have eaten something sweet..
mobu consumer

South Africa

#3044 Dec 11, 2012
@ clayer I was also wondering why everybody went quiet. About the chalk I used to eat soft white dust free chalk as a substitution when I couldn't get a hold of my clay... But now I never find that kind of chalk in stores anymore... Its just that other hard chalk... I don't like it... Not very edible... Which stores did u get ur chalk from?
miss clayer

UK

#3045 Dec 11, 2012
The 1 I used to eat was robercolour chalk, it is pure calcium carbonate and really really creamy,its heavy and not gritty at all and it has that coating around it..heaven! I came upon it in CNA and after I bought their 4 boxes of 10 sticks, they never restocked it again so I was hugely disappointed! What was the name of the chalk that you used to eat mobu?
mobu consumer

South Africa

#3046 Dec 11, 2012
@miss clayer well i think it was penguin... I'm not sure of the name I would take it from school... It came in a box with brown stripes... But I also bought it a coupla times @ this other stationary shop, but the brand was not penguin it was some other brand with a blue box of ten sticks... Its been years since I had chalk... I should go check by CNA for that one. I just bought clay from my supplier, she gave me an extra pack, she says its a x-mas prezzy lol.
Chalk lover

Birmingham, UK

#3047 Dec 11, 2012
miss clayer wrote:
Hi chalk lover! I have never tried the crayola chalks but if it has that same filmy coating around it then yes! I love those types! Thanks for your email :)
Hi miss clayer, yes I have those type of chalks - I have loads of them - I don't like them.
miss clayer

UK

#3048 Dec 11, 2012
Where about did you get your chalk from mobu? What is the store name?@chalk lover, are you selling them?
Caribbean clay lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#3049 Dec 11, 2012
Hey guys, how y'all doing? Found this lil vid an like. Thought i'd share w/ you: http://youtu.be/MGjsZy7Fuyk

I like the others am seein here too.
mobu consumer

South Africa

#3050 Dec 11, 2012
@ miss clayer its a shop called NMR stationers, it was o sole owned store... I've never seen it anywhere else but back home
Clayaholic

UK

#3051 Dec 11, 2012
Caribbean clay lover wrote:
Hey guys, how y'all doing? Found this lil vid an like. Thought i'd share w/ you: http://youtu.be/MGjsZy7Fuyk
Ooo I didn't know men ate clay too! Imagine if we had a 'communal' YouTube channel where we'd post videos of the types of clay/chalk/dirt/DE we like to eat. Not neccersarily showing the face because I know that some ppl have issues with that but making the clay the focal point that would be soooo good!
miss clayer

UK

#3052 Dec 11, 2012
The chalks they sell here are not creamy at all, they have this cardboard taste :( and are super gritty. Craving those beige clay chunks right now and thinking where that huge bag that my mom dumped must be right now!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#3053 Dec 11, 2012
Mz libra wrote:
Has anyone ever tried baby powder? I've been thinking about clay dirt chalk powder cornstarch all day. I have a little cornstarch left...to have them all at once.....what a dream
I tried it a few months ago. I'd tried it before but got nothing out of it but a few months ago got a sudden urge to try it again - the Johnson's cornstarch with aloe and vitamin E. Loved it! I could have got hooked, but I resisted after about a day or so as I just didn't like the idea of eating powder.

When you say 'dirt', do you mean clay (like white dirt) or something different?
Blenadeth

Suitland, MD

#3054 Dec 11, 2012
i think the best idea i got after i read this whole thing is to stay away from it, cause at one point i almost got addicted to the calaba. thanks for the advice Beinda and Gossip Girl or (GG) Catch u'all latter.
Dina

Suitland, MD

#3055 Dec 11, 2012
u better not go back to eat that stuff Blenadeth cause' you made the best choice. my advice is any body who is addictive to calabar try hard to stop it u really don't wanna suffer in future because of what you're eating now
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#3056 Dec 11, 2012
Caribbean clay lover wrote:
Hi Caribbean clay lover. Thanks for the video!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#3057 Dec 11, 2012
Been spending a few minutes trying to find some nice pictures of clay and came across this article about clay eating in Vietman

http://veryvietnam.com/2011-04-18/seniors-car...

I've seen it before, it may even have been posted here, but if you haven't read it I think it's interesting and further evidence that many people around the world eat or used to eat clay.
clay junkie

UK

#3058 Dec 12, 2012
Last time I checked they were out of stock....
A clay eater wrote:
Has anyone bought Odowa from Wahu foods? See the link below
http://www.wahufoods.com/products/Odowa -(Chewing-stones).html
Mz libra

New York, NY

#3059 Dec 12, 2012
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried it a few months ago. I'd tried it before but got nothing out of it but a few months ago got a sudden urge to try it again - the Johnson's cornstarch with aloe and vitamin E. Loved it! I could have got hooked, but I resisted after about a day or so as I just didn't like the idea of eating powder.

When you say 'dirt', do you mean clay (like white dirt) or something different?
Hey ATC I was referring to white dirt. I've eaten baby powder the regular one by Johnson& Johnson. Also I want to try some soil cakes. And I want to try some red dirt like the kind found in Alabama and Mississippi. Red dirt roads look so good
Chalk lover

Birmingham, UK

#3061 Dec 13, 2012
miss clayer wrote:
Where about did you get your chalk from mobu? What is the store name?@chalk lover, are you selling them?
Hi miss clayer, yes I can sell you the chalks. Just email me disham68@yahoo.co.uk
Mz libra

New York, NY

#3062 Dec 13, 2012
Awesome video on YouTube...on my phone so I can't post link. Go to YouTube and type in kaolin beach......this man is taking a kaolin clay bath and is surrounded nothing but kaolin!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Obama personal chef to hang up apron after 6 years 6 min Deo Vindice 7
7 things to know about epilepsy Dec 23 ADVERSE EFFECTS 3
A look at what went wrong with the Nutrition No... Dec 22 hmmm 1
Fitness Icon Denise Austin Introduces New 10-We... Dec 20 DeniseAustinFan 1
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Dec 16 ADA 2014 18
Fighting the Flu With Food Dec 9 Weedhopper 1
GOP makes final push for school lunch waiver Dec 8 Lawrence Wolf 22
More from around the web