Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,757
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Mucha

UK

#2960 Dec 6, 2012
@chalklover did you buy any clay from mavuseller? Whch clay do yu have in stock?
Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Alexx,
If I lived in the US I would post you some white dirt for free. As I like to order items in bulk once I like something. In the UK it's quite expensive to ship the dirt over here. I know how you feel about not being able to get any. When I was young I ate chalk and I would take some from school if no one was around - but that was hardly ever cuz the teachers were always there. And cuz there are so many different kinds of chalk, I was limited as I only liked the soft kind which only the art dept had - all the other classrooms had the hard chalk like crayola.
Email me at disham68@yahoo.co.uk and I c what can be done...
Mz libra

Bronx, NY

#2961 Dec 6, 2012
Hello everyone.... I found a video on you tube type in eating white dirt there's a lady name Bridgette wiggins talking about white dirt and at the end she's eating a piece.....she's created a blog for white dirt eaters....

Since: Apr 11

Milwaukee, WI

#2962 Dec 6, 2012
Mz libra wrote:
Hello everyone.... I found a video on you tube type in eating white dirt there's a lady name Bridgette wiggins talking about white dirt and at the end she's eating a piece.....she's created a blog for white dirt eaters....
can you post the link?
Clayaholic

UK

#2963 Dec 6, 2012
Mz libra wrote:
Here is the link:

Clayaholic

UK

#2965 Dec 6, 2012
If you watch the video I wonder if anyone else eats their clay like this?

I tend to bite a piece off and crumble it just a touch in my mouth and then suck on it till it melts and it's gone.

How do you eat yours?
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#2966 Dec 6, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Check out Ray Cong in Cali who eats Clay.
It looks so good!
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#2967 Dec 6, 2012
I wish people understood that there is nothing wrong with eating earth.

I love the taste.

Here is a good article: http://www.salon.com/2011/04/13/craving_earth...
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#2968 Dec 6, 2012
http://www.aboutclay.com/info/Articles/eat_my...

Check out this wonderful article about eating dirt.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#2969 Dec 6, 2012
Isn't it bad for you?
No. Clay and dirt are easily digestible, and most people who practice geophagy make sure they're eating clean or fresh earth from the subsurface of the ground. Bacteria, parasites, and other pathogens are normally found higher up, in the topsoil. The only downside of eating clay is that it can give you constipation. Kaolin, or white clay, is the active ingredient in anti-diarrhea medicine Kaopectate.

What does it taste like?
Experts say really good clay can taste "the way that the ground smells when it's real dry and a little sprinkle of rain falls." There's really only one way to find out, though Contact me at lesliecinga@yahoo.com and by some Georgia White Dirt an try it for yourself. Best taste Ever!
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#2970 Dec 6, 2012
Humans have been eating earth for at least forty thousand years
"The Native Americans call it "Ee-Wah-Kee" meaning "The-Mud-That-Heals" Bentonite, as well as other types of healing clay, has been used by indigenous cultures since before recorded history. "The Amargosians (predecessors to the Aztecs ), the Aborigines, and natives of Mexico and South America all recognized the benefit of clays. " "...healing mud not only draws toxic material out of the body if taken internally, but also reduces pain and infection in open wounds on both humans and animals."

"The eating of clay has been observed in [ native ] peoples and animals in all parts of the world since antiquity. Early writers described the widespread use of kanwa ( earth from a lick near Lake Chad ) for animals and humans in Nigeria. Long journeys were made to [ this ] lick to obtain a tribal supply of this earth, and it was then issued as rations to cattle and humans..." Eaton Earth
Iheartclay

UK

#2971 Dec 6, 2012
Leslie..not meaning to be rude but tell us something we dont know! Lol all this info you are posting im sure youll find in this forum already. And for people like myself that have been on this forum for about a year let's just say deja vu! Read up before posting!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#2972 Dec 6, 2012
Leslie wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?f eature=endscreen&v=3o7zn7e 5Ep4&NR=1
Check out Ray Cong in Cali who eats Clay.
It looks so good!
I love to watch Ray eating clay. I wish he sold it in chunks the way he eats it in the video.
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#2973 Dec 6, 2012
I watch Ray eat clay and I eat mines right along with him.(lol)
Kenyan clay lover

Kenya

#2974 Dec 7, 2012
Its amazing to read all this posts,i used to feel weird eating clay n so i eat it in private,am a mother of 3 the youngest is 4 years,ave been eating clay since i was pregnant with him,ave tried to stop many times but its so hard,i keep going back to it.my worry is that i feel bloated n get constipated after eating it.i also wish more research would be done for the sake of all women who cant help this cravings,i believe there's more to this cravings than a bad habit as people call it.
miss clayer

UK

#2975 Dec 7, 2012
Hey guys! I have been following this forum for a while and I must say that it has been an uplifting and interesting read indeed! I used to eat sand,stones,rocks and chalk for as long as I can remember. I was mostly into chalk (the Robercolour brand) until I started buying clay from a vendor that sells it in huge chunks for R1.00 each,the beige kind. I bought all his stock last month,about 30 huge chunks but unfortunately my mom found it,confronted me and dumped it! I had been eating it secretively :( I recently bought another 6 chunks but that didn't last long,it was too yummy and addictive!
Mel

South Africa

#2976 Dec 7, 2012
Hi Miss Clayer, were u from?
Mel

South Africa

#2977 Dec 7, 2012
Last week I went to my sisters house, and wen I went in da backyard I saw a big bank and it was yellow, dey actually dug it cos dey were filling it in there front yard, its yellow in colour and it was wet cos of the rain, I asked her in general if that is clay and if its hard, she sed wen its dug it is hard and it is clay, it was mouth watering, I'm not sure if its wat ppl actually dig and eat, confused, next time I go I'm gona dig and see if its da same ting, lol, widout getting caught :)
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2978 Dec 7, 2012
@ miss clayer... When ur mom found the 60 pieces how much had u eaten? And where in S.A r u from?
miss clayer

UK

#2979 Dec 7, 2012
I'm from Jhb.. And it was 30 pieces, I usually just break it up into smaller pieces and its double the quantity then! Its a pity that my mom found it,however its for the best, I would have consumed the whole lot and I'm trying to give it up since moderation becomes difficult when you lay your eyes on that much..I had broken up 1 chunk and was busy with that,its quite a lot when broken up
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#2980 Dec 7, 2012
Iheartclay wrote:
Leslie..not meaning to be rude but tell us something we dont know! Lol all this info you are posting im sure youll find in this forum already. And for people like myself that have been on this forum for about a year let's just say deja vu! Read up before posting!
I get it but not everyone has been here for a year. I am a clay eater who wants to take away the stigma so no harem intended, just sharing. Please dont give me directions as to what to read up on. I actually have read most of the previous post and responded to some. If my post are too much information it would be less rude to just not that they do not interest you and not give directions to another adult. No harm intended, just sharing and you have a blessed day :).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
7 things to know about epilepsy Wed DeeDee86 2
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Dec 16 ADA 2014 18
Fighting the Flu With Food Dec 9 Weedhopper 1
GOP makes final push for school lunch waiver Dec 8 Lawrence Wolf 22
CO2 myth busted: Why we need more carbon dioxid... (Mar '13) Dec 6 Earthling-1 101
Obesity can shave years off life: study Dec 6 Pebbles 1
Having a midriff crisis (May '10) Dec 5 Kingsman 11
More from around the web