Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,280
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Full Story
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#2938 Dec 4, 2012
ble wrote:
I am an NZu and Eko addict tooo#facecovered#
you must have lived in edo state to like eko.i tried it but it was too hard.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#2940 Dec 4, 2012
alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
omg look at all that clay ! that looks so good , & look how much they have around them . people in Kenya are so lucky that clay could be sold anywhere & eat it like it's just food . I wish it was that easy to find clay & sell it in the US without people giving you weird looks & stare at you . I'm pretty sure if everybody just had a bite of clay they would never look at clay eating weird again . that picture w/ all that clay surrounding by them I wish I was there w/ a bag so I could fill it up .
I know what you mean alexx. Looking at those chunks has got my mouth watering.
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2941 Dec 4, 2012
All Things Clay
Just imagine being a clay addict and working around that big pile of clay. You would probably eat the entire supply especially if it is the right texture and is earthy. I would go crazy. I was reading an article that stated women buy 20 pieces for 2 U.S cents.I find that amazing.
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2942 Dec 4, 2012
Hello clay eating family! My boyfriend asked me about eating clay and I just gave him a funny look, implying that I don't. N then he laughed a bit and said I shouldn't b afraid to eat clay when he is around. I wonder how he found out... My clay is always well hidden when he is around, n I make sure there is no traces of clay on my fingers or face. Oh well! I'm glad he is ok with me eating it thou! I'm just a bit embarrassed thou.
clayer

South Africa

#2943 Dec 5, 2012
mobu consumer wrote:
Hello clay eating family! My boyfriend asked me about eating clay and I just gave him a funny look, implying that I don't. N then he laughed a bit and said I shouldn't b afraid to eat clay when he is around. I wonder how he found out... My clay is always well hidden when he is around, n I make sure there is no traces of clay on my fingers or face. Oh well! I'm glad he is ok with me eating it thou! I'm just a bit embarrassed thou.
hi Everyone, Mobu you should just come out, it makes life easy. i was also hiding it at first before we got married but guess what i ended up telling him becasue i knew he was going to find out, now that we are married he just looks at me and sometimes drives with me to buy my clay. at first he tried everything to stop me but he realised he was not going to win. he complains when i eat too much and laughs at me when i tell him i want to stop. and another tip, when you buy your clay buy a lot so that you dont have to go back everyday cause i know how the ladies selling it look at you. i buy ten packets that fill up a checkers bag and i go back after two weeks, when i get there the lady thinks i have not been around for a long time. do you also get your clay in those small candy packets?
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2944 Dec 5, 2012
@ clayer yes the small sweets packets, but the lady I buy from doesn't sell in packets, she sells in chuncks, it 50c per chunk, but her chunks r huge. When I buy down town its R3 a pack. But their packs have a lot inside. Thanks 4 the tip. Iv thought of buying a lot @ once but then I get shy of what the by passers and other people that r buying will say. I also get worried that ill finish the stock lol
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#2945 Dec 5, 2012
ackee wrote:
All Things Clay
Just imagine being a clay addict and working around that big pile of clay. You would probably eat the entire supply especially if it is the right texture and is earthy. I would go crazy. I was reading an article that stated women buy 20 pieces for 2 U.S cents.I find that amazing.
Wouldn't it be wonderful? That pile looks so good, like it would be the perfect texture and earthiness.

I get so much satisfaction from this forum and looking at pictures. Poor me, haven't had any real clay in so long (thank goodness for DE, that is my staple). Shipping is expensive, and due to a change of job I don't travel like I used to which is how I would usually get my supplies.

I haven't given up trying to find good clay here, though. I have tried other earthy materials again recently as I like to do now and then if I am satisfied that the source is good and clean. Was in an area that I've been that has what looks something like white dirt but isn't. Well I dug a few chunks out and they were so good and earthy I almost couldn't take it lol! Some of it had what I would describe as that sour taste that I've heard other people refer to. I'm going to try to go back there over the weekend and see if I can get more.

I was also given a big piece of what I was told was "raw limestone" that came from a few feet underground. It is harder than I like (can't break it so have to hold it in both hands like a squirrel or something and nibble at it, lol) but it does have a mild earthy taste and I got some enjoyment out of it. Hope to find that good clay soon - have a couple of people on the lookout for me now!
clayer

South Africa

#2946 Dec 5, 2012
MavuSeller wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you like it! I should have new stock sometime in January but if you can't wait that long there's still time to order the MAVU powder only 3 bags left! http://mavu.bigcartel.com
Also I should be getting my hands on some roasted kenyan clay before Christmas but I'm yet to confirm. When I know for definite I'll update the forum and list it on my website for those that are interested!
Hi Mavu, cant your supplier take our orders too?, i know JHB has lots of clay but i would also love to try yours.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#2948 Dec 5, 2012
Clay Lover wrote:
I would love to taste the white dirt, do you have any pictures of the white dirt you sell please?
I went to the post office today and I see what everyone means.
Its really expensive even with flat rate shipping to send the Georgia White Dirt to the UK.
I hope everyone finds a source soon. Im eating it right now. I so love the taste of eating earth. Nothing taste like it. Like rain on a hot ground on a beautiful summer day.
alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#2949 Dec 5, 2012
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Wouldn't it be wonderful? That pile looks so good, like it would be the perfect texture and earthiness.
I get so much satisfaction from this forum and looking at pictures. Poor me, haven't had any real clay in so long (thank goodness for DE, that is my staple). Shipping is expensive, and due to a change of job I don't travel like I used to which is how I would usually get my supplies.
I haven't given up trying to find good clay here, though. I have tried other earthy materials again recently as I like to do now and then if I am satisfied that the source is good and clean. Was in an area that I've been that has what looks something like white dirt but isn't. Well I dug a few chunks out and they were so good and earthy I almost couldn't take it lol! Some of it had what I would describe as that sour taste that I've heard other people refer to. I'm going to try to go back there over the weekend and see if I can get more.
I was also given a big piece of what I was told was "raw limestone" that came from a few feet underground. It is harder than I like (can't break it so have to hold it in both hands like a squirrel or something and nibble at it, lol) but it does have a mild earthy taste and I got some enjoyment out of it. Hope to find that good clay soon - have a couple of people on the lookout for me now!
did the chunks of clay that you dug taste anything similar to white dirt ? or was it better tasting ?
alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#2950 Dec 5, 2012
today is one of my strong cravings for clay . maybe because it sprinkled a little bit & it smells soo good outside & I just want to nibble on a big chunk of white dirt . until the day I get my hands on a chunk of white dirt ... I'll just deal w/ my cravings . no matter how strong they get .
Leslie

Acworth, GA

#2951 Dec 5, 2012
alexx wrote:
today is one of my strong cravings for clay . maybe because it sprinkled a little bit & it smells soo good outside & I just want to nibble on a big chunk of white dirt . until the day I get my hands on a chunk of white dirt ... I'll just deal w/ my cravings . no matter how strong they get .
Alexx
You live in Georgia, why dont you just buy you some?
Lealie

Acworth, GA

#2952 Dec 5, 2012
angela wrote:
Hello everyone, how is everybody doing? So, yesterday i got my white dirt from mutt and jeff... and since it has been very cold outside and it was raining here in the new york area yesterday, the clay is very moist, so it doesn't taste very good rite now. it is very very smooth and creamyyyyyy. but tastes wet which i don't like. i am going to have to bake it or something since i can't dry it outside. its so cold out. lets see i might have to bake it in the oven or something... the dry clay tastes so yummy...
Try placing in a paper bag and drying in microwave 4-8 min. Be sure not to leave in too long and scorch. My favorite way to dry is to place in a bowl place on high shelf (heat rises) and let dry naturally for a couple of week's if you can hold out. It taste great. Place a piece on a shelf and try it.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#2953 Dec 5, 2012
alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
did the chunks of clay that you dug taste anything similar to white dirt ? or was it better tasting ?
Yes, was similar to white dirt but with a slightly salty taste and earthy. It isn't all the same though, some pieces taste better than others and it isn't smooth. It isn't actually clay, some other earthy material, but not a bad substitute though.

I think I'll have some DE now, haven't had any in a couple days. Now that's nice and smooth and I love it but wish it was earthier.
alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#2954 Dec 5, 2012
Leslie wrote:
<quoted text>
Alexx
You live in Georgia, why dont you just buy you some?
I'm 16 , doesn't know how to drive yet & doesn't have any money . the corner store that does sell white dirt is 30 mins away from me . it's really complicated for me to satisfy my cravings . a while back I did ask of somebody who was generous enough to send me a big of white dirt to my free then I would really appreciate it . that was early October . my situated of clay craving will never be satisfy . until maybe I'm grown & can do whatever I want .
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2955 Dec 5, 2012
hi Alexx how did you start craving clay? I think tomorrow will be a good day for you.
alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#2956 Dec 5, 2012
ackee wrote:
hi Alexx how did you start craving clay? I think tomorrow will be a good day for you.
I'm a picky eater & I think that's why I'm craving clay cause my iron is low . I only remember eating clay cause my grandmother ate it . then she stopped & it didn't bother me until a few years ago when I actually started craving it . & I was wondering what would clay taste like or dirt & I asked my grandmother why did she stop eating it & she said she no longer have the taste for it . then 2 years ago I notice the cravings to come back & that's when I moved in w/ my grandmother & a piped busted in her front yard so they were doing reconstruction & all the red clay looked so good & w/o thinking I just took a chunk of it & bit into it & it was the taste I was looking for . a few months later they was done reconstructing & all the red clay was back at the bottom of the ground but I was already addicted to earthy flavor it had . & I got a shovel & started digging . & dig & dig until I got to the red clay & I dug some chunks out & ate it but it was wet & didn't have that earthy flavor so i let it sit in the sun & let it dry out & then I ate it . & that was what I was doing for 2 years basically & I would always say I would stop eating red clay . but it always brought me back to digging up red clay . but I recently moved to an open neighborhood where anybody & everybody can see what you're doing & I just know it'll be weird for me to dig up clay & eat it when people could be standing outside & stare at me . so i never done it . which cause my cravings to never be satisfied anymore .
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2957 Dec 5, 2012
hey Alexx I understand how you feel dear. It can be hard to have these cravings so young and not be able to satisfy them.
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2958 Dec 5, 2012
@ clay junkie... Do u think its possible to get anybody from kenya to post me the gray unbaked clay? The one where the 2 men r siting all around? It looks really good...
Chalk lover

Walsall, UK

#2959 Dec 6, 2012
alexx wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a picky eater & I think that's why I'm craving clay cause my iron is low . I only remember eating clay cause my grandmother ate it . then she stopped & it didn't bother me until a few years ago when I actually started craving it . & I was wondering what would clay taste like or dirt & I asked my grandmother why did she stop eating it & she said she no longer have the taste for it . then 2 years ago I notice the cravings to come back & that's when I moved in w/ my grandmother & a piped busted in her front yard so they were doing reconstruction & all the red clay looked so good & w/o thinking I just took a chunk of it & bit into it & it was the taste I was looking for . a few months later they was done reconstructing & all the red clay was back at the bottom of the ground but I was already addicted to earthy flavor it had . & I got a shovel & started digging . & dig & dig until I got to the red clay & I dug some chunks out & ate it but it was wet & didn't have that earthy flavor so i let it sit in the sun & let it dry out & then I ate it . & that was what I was doing for 2 years basically & I would always say I would stop eating red clay . but it always brought me back to digging up red clay . but I recently moved to an open neighborhood where anybody & everybody can see what you're doing & I just know it'll be weird for me to dig up clay & eat it when people could be standing outside & stare at me . so i never done it . which cause my cravings to never be satisfied anymore .
Hi Alexx,

If I lived in the US I would post you some white dirt for free. As I like to order items in bulk once I like something. In the UK it's quite expensive to ship the dirt over here. I know how you feel about not being able to get any. When I was young I ate chalk and I would take some from school if no one was around - but that was hardly ever cuz the teachers were always there. And cuz there are so many different kinds of chalk, I was limited as I only liked the soft kind which only the art dept had - all the other classrooms had the hard chalk like crayola.
Email me at disham68@yahoo.co.uk and I c what can be done...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lindenhurst Chiropractor Launches Nutrition Web... 1 hr Chiropractor from... 2
U.S. nutrition program for mothers, infants see... 8 hr Guess Who 2
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) Fri Lauren123 63
When talking about body size, African-American ... Sep 12 Rock 9
Black Women's Ideas Of Fat Far From Doctors'; M... Sep 12 BWEFocused 20
Organization to only prep Black children for su... Sep 9 LION 9
Fat Loss Factor Review: Does Dr. Charles Living... (Jul '12) Sep 9 Lena 70
•••

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE