Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.
Comments
2,841 - 2,860 of 7,866 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
alexx

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for that picture.
I've googled Nakumatt Roasted Clay and some interesting stuff has come up. I was surprised to see a picture that shows the clay is actually white on the inside. Looks delicious. Here are a couple of links:
http://foodandnutritionsecurity.com/2008/09/2...
http://keithalverson.blogspot.com/2011/09/eat...
I came across one site where someone was asking whether this Nakumatt clay was sold in the US. I didn't see an answer, but wouldn't it be great if was?
I see that Nakumatt is the biggest chain of stores in East Africa.
that clay looks so good ! & I bet it's really earthy . it amazes me on the colors from the outside & how it's plain white on the inside . I wonder if it's anything like white dirt or maybe even better ? I wish I could try that clay .
Kay

Harare, Zimbabwe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Yah lm from Zim but l badly want to stop please HELP
unam

Concord, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Can someone share info on Mutt and Jeff white dirt, does it taste earthy? I purchased from Sams a while back and it had no earthy taste, Amazon is good but I just wanted to try mutt and jeff.
clay junkie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

They are all earthy and colour and texture depends where its been mined. The one u see in you tube comes from the western part of Kenya and is reddish in colour and tastes best sundried. The supermarket or nakumatt clay is greyish in colour n is baked.. If you have tasted mavu clay u would get a rough idea of what to expect. I personally find red clay way more earthy than mavu.
Mary Tyler wrote:
@ Odaowa lover and clay junkie is the Kenya roasted clay the same as Odowa shown on you-tube?
clay junkie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Now this is grey clay sold mostly in central part of Kenya. This is unbaked . Super earthy ladies!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4503000...
clay junkie

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Odowa openly sold in most supermarket and air markets in Kenya. Wish was back home would have sourced some out for you guys. But mavu seller has noted she could have her hands on some around Christmas time.
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for that picture.
I've googled Nakumatt Roasted Clay and some interesting stuff has come up. I was surprised to see a picture that shows the clay is actually white on the inside. Looks delicious. Here are a couple of links:
http://foodandnutritionsecurity.com/2008/09/2...
http://keithalverson.blogspot.com/2011/09/eat...
I came across one site where someone was asking whether this Nakumatt clay was sold in the US. I didn't see an answer, but wouldn't it be great if was?
I see that Nakumatt is the biggest chain of stores in East Africa.
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

Hi angela just want to wish you good health.
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

adaku , HOW ARE YOU DOING ? Did you have surgery yet?
Just want to know how you are doing?
Mucha

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2012

MavuSeller wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you like it! I should have new stock sometime in January but if you can't wait that long there's still time to order the MAVU powder only 3 bags left! http://mavu.bigcartel.com
Also I should be getting my hands on some roasted kenyan clay before Christmas but I'm yet to confirm. When I know for definite I'll update the forum and list it on my website for those that are interested!
Mavuseller how are you? uchine ivhu here?
Soul Sista

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I have some Ghana ayilo/clay for sale and a limited supply of the Nigerian salty clay as well. If you are interested please email me on dsikanartey@hotmail.com
alexx

Stockbridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

clay junkie wrote:
Now this is grey clay sold mostly in central part of Kenya. This is unbaked . Super earthy ladies!
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4503000...
omg look at all that clay ! that looks so good , & look how much they have around them . people in Kenya are so lucky that clay could be sold anywhere & eat it like it's just food . I wish it was that easy to find clay & sell it in the US without people giving you weird looks & stare at you . I'm pretty sure if everybody just had a bite of clay they would never look at clay eating weird again . that picture w/ all that clay surrounding by them I wish I was there w/ a bag so I could fill it up .
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

ackee wrote:
adaku , HOW ARE YOU DOING ? Did you have surgery yet?
Just want to know how you are doing?
ackee dear,not yet,i am due for my injections which I will have to take for 3monhs to shrink the fibroid before I go for surgery which is in the last week in feb.my first injection is on Friday.will keep you posted on how I am doing ,can you pls send me your email......thanks
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

alexx plz check your email
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Hey Adaku I am so glad to know that you are doing well. My email is nazzetta82@aol.com. I wish you much success in your surgery to come.
Leslie

Acworth, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Hello Everyone
I live in Atlanta Georgia and would be happy to sell you some White Dirt.
If ou order from Mutt and Jeff you will find that its never in stok :(.
Email me at lesliecinga@yahoo.com
I can ship your order within 3 days.
$5.00 per 1 pound/16 oz bag.
Leslie
Clayaholic

Barnsley, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Leslie wrote:
Hello Everyone
I live in Atlanta Georgia and would be happy to sell you some White Dirt.
If ou order from Mutt and Jeff you will find that its never in stok :(.
Leslie
Hi Leslie. Do you ship to the UK?? Been dying to try some!
Mucha

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

Leslieinga wrote:
Hello Everyone
I live in Atlanta Georgia and would be happy to sell you some Georgia White Dirt.
If you order from Mutt and Jeff you will find that its never in stockk.
Leslie
PS
I am a dirt eater and I cant live without it so I do understand how you feel when you say you crave it all day long.
Will yu be shipping to the uk?
ble

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I am an NZu and Eko addict tooo#facecovered#
Clay Lover

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

I would love to taste the white dirt, do you have any pictures of the white dirt you sell please?
Clay Lover

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 4, 2012

What's Eko?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••