Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9258 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

mobu consumer

South Africa

#2908 Dec 3, 2012
@ scared one, having a piece a day is much better, coz if u have all that clay in one day... Ur body gets used to consuming that much, n the week that u wait, all u want is clay. Having a little a day helps ur body get used to eating small quantities...
alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#2909 Dec 3, 2012
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for that picture.
I've googled Nakumatt Roasted Clay and some interesting stuff has come up. I was surprised to see a picture that shows the clay is actually white on the inside. Looks delicious. Here are a couple of links:
http://foodandnutritionsecurity.com/2008/09/2...
http://keithalverson.blogspot.com/2011/09/eat...
I came across one site where someone was asking whether this Nakumatt clay was sold in the US. I didn't see an answer, but wouldn't it be great if was?
I see that Nakumatt is the biggest chain of stores in East Africa.
that clay looks so good ! & I bet it's really earthy . it amazes me on the colors from the outside & how it's plain white on the inside . I wonder if it's anything like white dirt or maybe even better ? I wish I could try that clay .
Kay

Harare, Zimbabwe

#2910 Dec 3, 2012
Yah lm from Zim but l badly want to stop please HELP
unam

Charlotte, NC

#2911 Dec 3, 2012
Can someone share info on Mutt and Jeff white dirt, does it taste earthy? I purchased from Sams a while back and it had no earthy taste, Amazon is good but I just wanted to try mutt and jeff.
clay junkie

UK

#2912 Dec 3, 2012
They are all earthy and colour and texture depends where its been mined. The one u see in you tube comes from the western part of Kenya and is reddish in colour and tastes best sundried. The supermarket or nakumatt clay is greyish in colour n is baked.. If you have tasted mavu clay u would get a rough idea of what to expect. I personally find red clay way more earthy than mavu.
Mary Tyler wrote:
@ Odaowa lover and clay junkie is the Kenya roasted clay the same as Odowa shown on you-tube?
clay junkie

UK

#2913 Dec 3, 2012
Now this is grey clay sold mostly in central part of Kenya. This is unbaked . Super earthy ladies!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4503000...
clay junkie

UK

#2914 Dec 3, 2012
Odowa openly sold in most supermarket and air markets in Kenya. Wish was back home would have sourced some out for you guys. But mavu seller has noted she could have her hands on some around Christmas time.
All things clay wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks so much for that picture.
I've googled Nakumatt Roasted Clay and some interesting stuff has come up. I was surprised to see a picture that shows the clay is actually white on the inside. Looks delicious. Here are a couple of links:
http://foodandnutritionsecurity.com/2008/09/2...
http://keithalverson.blogspot.com/2011/09/eat...
I came across one site where someone was asking whether this Nakumatt clay was sold in the US. I didn't see an answer, but wouldn't it be great if was?
I see that Nakumatt is the biggest chain of stores in East Africa.
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2915 Dec 3, 2012
Hi angela just want to wish you good health.
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2916 Dec 3, 2012
adaku , HOW ARE YOU DOING ? Did you have surgery yet?
Just want to know how you are doing?
Soul Sista

Aberdeen, UK

#2918 Dec 4, 2012
I have some Ghana ayilo/clay for sale and a limited supply of the Nigerian salty clay as well. If you are interested please email me on [email protected]
alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#2919 Dec 4, 2012
clay junkie wrote:
Now this is grey clay sold mostly in central part of Kenya. This is unbaked . Super earthy ladies!
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/4503000...
omg look at all that clay ! that looks so good , & look how much they have around them . people in Kenya are so lucky that clay could be sold anywhere & eat it like it's just food . I wish it was that easy to find clay & sell it in the US without people giving you weird looks & stare at you . I'm pretty sure if everybody just had a bite of clay they would never look at clay eating weird again . that picture w/ all that clay surrounding by them I wish I was there w/ a bag so I could fill it up .
Adaku

Forres, UK

#2920 Dec 4, 2012
ackee wrote:
adaku , HOW ARE YOU DOING ? Did you have surgery yet?
Just want to know how you are doing?
ackee dear,not yet,i am due for my injections which I will have to take for 3monhs to shrink the fibroid before I go for surgery which is in the last week in feb.my first injection is on Friday.will keep you posted on how I am doing ,can you pls send me your email......thanks
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2921 Dec 4, 2012
alexx plz check your email
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2922 Dec 4, 2012
Hey Adaku I am so glad to know that you are doing well. My email is [email protected] I wish you much success in your surgery to come.
Leslie

Kennesaw, GA

#2923 Dec 4, 2012
Hello Everyone
I live in Atlanta Georgia and would be happy to sell you some White Dirt.
If ou order from Mutt and Jeff you will find that its never in stok :(.
Email me at [email protected]
I can ship your order within 3 days.
$5.00 per 1 pound/16 oz bag.
Leslie
Clayaholic

Manchester, UK

#2924 Dec 4, 2012
Leslie wrote:
Hello Everyone
I live in Atlanta Georgia and would be happy to sell you some White Dirt.
If ou order from Mutt and Jeff you will find that its never in stok :(.
Leslie
Hi Leslie. Do you ship to the UK?? Been dying to try some!
Mucha

UK

#2926 Dec 4, 2012
Leslieinga wrote:
Hello Everyone
I live in Atlanta Georgia and would be happy to sell you some Georgia White Dirt.
If you order from Mutt and Jeff you will find that its never in stockk.
Leslie
PS
I am a dirt eater and I cant live without it so I do understand how you feel when you say you crave it all day long.
Will yu be shipping to the uk?
ble

UK

#2934 Dec 4, 2012
I am an NZu and Eko addict tooo#facecovered#
Clay Lover

UK

#2935 Dec 4, 2012
I would love to taste the white dirt, do you have any pictures of the white dirt you sell please?
Clay Lover

UK

#2936 Dec 4, 2012
What's Eko?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Millions on food stamps at risk under Trump's c... 5 hr Trump forever 3
News Food stamp cuts would hit Wabash Valley hard Fri Dan 61
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Thu Tex-Ankini 7
News Islampray 670x305 Jun 14 Simran68 2
News Fear of deportation drives people off food stam... Jun 7 anotherview 4
News Guidelines for when food goes bad (Jul '15) Jun 1 indict DENNIS ROSS 3
News Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Jun 1 pok 53
More from around the web