Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 9206 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

mobu consumer

South Africa

#2861 Nov 28, 2012
Hey angela... If u google multani mitti... U will see the different types of clay... I think I saw grey clay there aswell... So I was a bit confused. Where in Gauteng can I get nultani mitti?
angela

Jamaica, NY

#2862 Nov 28, 2012
hi mobu consumer, i am sorry i live in the USA, i don't no where you could get multani mitti. even here in the US They don't have chunks of multani mitti just powder as face pack sold here. sorry
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2865 Nov 28, 2012
Oh, I've tasted the darker beige one, but it ddnt form clumps or stick to my gums... Anyway, enjoy ur powder
alabama red

Birmingham, AL

#2869 Nov 28, 2012
This weekend I'm going to Atlanta so I plan on stopping by the sweet auburn market and purchase some white dirt. I usually like the red sour dirt this will be my first time trying the white dirt. So many of you have posted about it on this forum that I want to see how it taste. I will let you all know what I think.
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#2870 Nov 29, 2012
alabama red wrote:
This weekend I'm going to Atlanta so I plan on stopping by the sweet auburn market and purchase some white dirt. I usually like the red sour dirt this will be my first time trying the white dirt. So many of you have posted about it on this forum that I want to see how it taste. I will let you all know what I think.
Hi alabama red. I look forward to reading about what you think of the white dirt. If it is labelled, can you please also let us know what type it is?

Red sour dirt sounds so good - I have been craving something red. Can you tell us a bit more about it, and where you get it? Also, is it clay or different?

Thanks.
alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#2871 Nov 29, 2012
what is fullers earth ? what does it taste like ? is it clay in chunk form or powder ? & where can you get it ?
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2872 Nov 29, 2012
Having a 3am snack of some roasted beige clay, yum yum! But I really miss the white creamy clay...
Clayaholic

Saint Helens, UK

#2873 Nov 29, 2012
mobu consumer wrote:
Having a 3am snack of some roasted beige clay, yum yum! But I really miss the white creamy clay...
Ooo what clay is that? What's the difference between the beige and white clay?
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2874 Nov 29, 2012
@clayholic, the texture, the taste... The beige is firm, like it has too much clay, n its hard. The white is crunchy and when u eat it, it forms this creamy texture in ur mouth, its earthier too. Its like when I eat the beige clay i can throw a piece in my mouth n Ill stop, it doesn't quite quench the thirst for clay. But when I eat the white clay its like I'm in clay heaven lol, I get satisfied instantly n I want more... I know my statement kind of contradicts its self but that's the best I can explain... Of all the clays I've tasted, that is my favorite...
alexx

Mcdonough, GA

#2875 Nov 29, 2012
I think white clay over rules any other clay . white clay must be the best & earthiest clay ever .
Clayaholic

Saint Helens, UK

#2876 Nov 29, 2012
mobu consumer wrote:
@clayholic, the texture, the taste... The beige is firm, like it has too much clay, n its hard. The white is crunchy and when u eat it, it forms this creamy texture in ur mouth, its earthier too. Its like when I eat the beige clay i can throw a piece in my mouth n Ill stop, it doesn't quite quench the thirst for clay. But when I eat the white clay its like I'm in clay heaven lol, I get satisfied instantly n I want more... I know my statement kind of contradicts its self but that's the best I can explain... Of all the clays I've tasted, that is my favorite...
Where do you get both your clays from? I'd like to compare them both! Craving some right now!
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2877 Nov 29, 2012
@clayaholic I stay in Pretoria, South Africa I've never come across white clay here I also visit Johannesburg alot I've never seen white clay there either... In pretoria I've only ever seen the hard beige type n the sandy red type but its in chuncks n still has clay... In Johannesburg there is a bit more variety, I've come across the biege type but it tastes different from the one in pretoria, there is also the soft beige kind, there is also the Dark dark brown hard kind... N I'd always get the white clay from back home in the free-state. All the clays I buy from the street markets. What type of clay do u eat clayaholic? And where do u get urs?
clayer

South Africa

#2878 Nov 30, 2012
mobu consumer wrote:
@clayaholic I stay in Pretoria, South Africa I've never come across white clay here I also visit Johannesburg alot I've never seen white clay there either... In pretoria I've only ever seen the hard beige type n the sandy red type but its in chuncks n still has clay... In Johannesburg there is a bit more variety, I've come across the biege type but it tastes different from the one in pretoria, there is also the soft beige kind, there is also the Dark dark brown hard kind... N I'd always get the white clay from back home in the free-state. All the clays I buy from the street markets. What type of clay do u eat clayaholic? And where do u get urs?
hi Mobu Consumer, i like your stories. i have not commented for a long time, just been busy. glad to know many of us are crazy about clay and analyse every type. i eat the same brown and beiege ones you described. very nice when cooked and roasted. i'm trying to reduce though and i think it's going well. i only eat a lot on weekends because i eat foods that make me remove it quick. tell me how much clay do you eat. today is Friday so my clay party starts, cant wait-movie and clay go together so well. i get my clay from Kempton park and the lady there thinks i eat it with other people. too embarrassed to tell her it's all mine.
clay junkie

UK

#2879 Nov 30, 2012
Got my mavu from mavu seller! I almost kissed the postman it was such a wait.. But well worth it. The taste is somewhat like odoa will bake and do review. Thanks mavuseller
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2880 Nov 30, 2012
@ clayer lol I know what u talking about...I used to eat the whole plastic bag in a day n I'd b 2 ashamed to go buy from the same lady the following day so I would walk to down town where its very buzy n buy there...I remember this one time I bought both the beige n the red clay nd the lady was like, AUWA! Now u eating both clays! With a very surprised look on her face, I got so embarrassed I told her it was my roommates lol. But now its all under control, I could take two weeks with that plastic bag nd go for 2weeks without having any clay...however when I first started reducing my clay consumption, I gained tones of weight, nothing could fit me. But now I'm back to normal and I eat my clay accordingly...
Odowa lover

Poole, UK

#2881 Nov 30, 2012
Clay junkie, you must be from kenya . Otherwise that is why you know odowa. Si you changia me some bana.fellow odowa lover.i even thought Mavus clay is sweeter than the odowa itself . It's so earthy.. Cravings cravings cravings
clay junkie wrote:
Got my mavu from mavu seller! I almost kissed the postman it was such a wait.. But well worth it. The taste is somewhat like odoa will bake and do review. Thanks mavuseller
clay junkie

UK

#2882 Nov 30, 2012
Wacha tu! Saa hizi zinabake kwa oven, and yes I'm from Kenya eaten the red odowa, hard grey odowa, the grey supermarket odowa and the salted one. Mavus tastes more like the red odowa but with the grey supermarket odowa. Si nimechizi!

Odowa lover wrote:
Clay junkie, you must be from kenya . Otherwise that is why you know odowa. Si you changia me some bana.fellow odowa lover.i even thought Mavus clay is sweeter than the odowa itself . It's so earthy.. Cravings cravings cravings<quoted text>
Odowa lover

Poole, UK

#2883 Nov 30, 2012
Si am just wishing . Are you in uk by the way ?
clay junkie wrote:
Wacha tu! Saa hizi
zinabake kwa oven, and yes I'm from Kenya eaten the red odowa, hard grey odowa, the grey supermarket odowa and the salted one. Mavus tastes more like the red odowa but with the grey supermarket odowa. Si nimechizi!
<quoted text>
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2884 Nov 30, 2012
@ Clay Junkie or Odwa lover, u guys have or can get a hold of salty clay? I would really love to get some, I have never tasted it, could u please post me some?
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#2885 Nov 30, 2012
angela wrote:
Hello everyone, how is everybody doing? So, yesterday i got my white dirt from mutt and jeff... and since it has been very cold outside and it was raining here in the new york area yesterday, the clay is very moist, so it doesn't taste very good rite now. it is very very smooth and creamyyyyyy. but tastes wet which i don't like. i am going to have to bake it or something since i can't dry it outside. its so cold out. lets see i might have to bake it in the oven or something... the dry clay tastes so yummy...
Hi Angela, did you dry out your clay? If so, how did it turn out? Hope you've been enjoying it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge Calls State Incompetent & in Contempt 16 hr justice is just a... 1
News What parents need to know about gummy vitamins Fri mar 1
News Illegal Aliens Receive Food Stamp Preference Ov... Jul 12 tomin cali 1
News Healthy weight programs for lesbian and bisexua... Jul 8 Holy Silicon Wafer 1
News Maine's governor defies Feds, says no to junk f... Jun 30 stacy 3
News Silver Spotlight: Lessons in leadership from Po... Jun 30 dick denton 1
News 10 Veggies To Get Your Nutrients In Jun '16 Marta 1
More from around the web