Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Comments (Page 138)

Showing posts 2,741 - 2,760 of7,197
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Chalk lover

Swansea, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

angela wrote:
Hello All,,,
I found something online.... especially for UK clay lovers... please check out these videos... you guys have got lots of white dirt out there :P
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hi Angela and hi all,

Sorry to disappoint but the white cliffs of dover in the two video links are made of shells of sea creatures. They call it natural chalk. It is not kaolin. I have picked some from eastborne. I was so excited when I saw it and collected loads but it is hard and you can literally see the sea shells in it. I still have it all in a bag and it's been years since I collected it. I wish it were the lovely kaolin (white dirt)- then you would see me with a bucket and shovel digging away lol!!

Happy clay eating all (in moderation of course - although this can be challenging)
God bless
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Angela and hi all,
Sorry to disappoint but the white cliffs of dover in the two video links are made of shells of sea creatures. They call it natural chalk. It is not kaolin. I have picked some from eastborne. I was so excited when I saw it and collected loads but it is hard and you can literally see the sea shells in it. I still have it all in a bag and it's been years since I collected it. I wish it were the lovely kaolin (white dirt)- then you would see me with a bucket and shovel digging away lol!!
Happy clay eating all (in moderation of course - although this can be challenging)
God bless
That cliff looks so good. Is that entire cliff made of shell? It is pretty high. Maybe their is a little clay or soil in it. In one of the video the side of the cliff seem to have just fallen into the ocean. Since it is not kaolin I guess I can only drool over it and wishing it was.
Chalk lover

Swansea, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
That cliff looks so good. Is that entire cliff made of shell? It is pretty high. Maybe their is a little clay or soil in it. In one of the video the side of the cliff seem to have just fallen into the ocean. Since it is not kaolin I guess I can only drool over it and wishing it was.
Hi ackee, it's sea shells with calcium carbonate - chalks main mineral. Hope ur well. I can send you some if you want - just email me disham68@yahoo.co.uk
God bless
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2012

Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi ackee, it's sea shells with calcium carbonate - chalks main mineral. Hope ur well. I can send you some if you want - just email me disham68@yahoo.co.uk
God bless
Thank you for the reply. I am as best as can be. Hope you are good too. Maybe if that was kaolin their probably be people lined up with buckets. It would be a never ending supply. Do they have kaolin in the u.k are is it shipped there.
Shaz

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Haven't eaten clay in 5 Weeks im going crazy I dont know what to do!!!! Im dying :'(
adaku

UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Gosh,so much going on in da house...those vídeos really got me wishing!hope all the ladies are great.enjoyed mavus stuff,baked it and it was good.Hey Àngela hope your are doing okay..and shaz yeah like ackee said you needto bé seen,i have had those before and i Can xplain,my anaemic condition was responsible...cheers
Chalk lover

Swansea, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

ackee wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the reply. I am as best as can be. Hope you are good too. Maybe if that was kaolin their probably be people lined up with buckets. It would be a never ending supply. Do they have kaolin in the u.k are is it shipped there.
Hi ackee, we do have kaolin companies in the UK but they don't dig it first like in the US so that there are chunks. In the UK they blast it with water and it becomes a slurry of kaolin, water and other pieces of dirt and rocks that are mixed in with the kaolin. Once a company sent me a sample - I was disappointed :-( I think they blast it with water first as a way of accessing the kaolin - as it's mixed with other substances - not pure like in the US. You lucky people in the US with all that pure white dirt lol!!
Shaz

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

adaku wrote:
Gosh,so much going on in da house...those vídeos really got me wishing!hope all the ladies are great.enjoyed mavus stuff,baked it and it was good.Hey Àngela hope your are doing okay..and shaz yeah like ackee said you needto bé seen,i have had those before and i Can xplain,my anaemic condition was responsible...cheers
Adaku how did you get over it? I want to stop :(
mehh

Delhi, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Mel wrote:
Hi Mehh,
I have neva tasted fullers earth and am not sure if they sell it in SA, but I read bout da multani mitti and dey sell it in SA in face packs, but not whole :( craving clay so badly, is any1 from Durban here dat knws which shop I can purchase clay?
Hello! we can add few drops of water into fuller powder along with bit of salt and baking it under sun or microwave but I wonder if the powder contains other impurities or not! i had tried it 1-2 times and it tasted good to me
angela

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

@ chalklover...... Oh man.. so disappointed....... those cliffs loook so goood.......... look just like kaolin .. i was like thinking that all you UK clay lover could go around that area and dig up some . but i guess that didn't work out. but the video where the kids are jumping in the water is actually real kaolin..... it looks like a place where kaolin has been mined from.

and hello to everyone else.. I am still waiting on my white dirt from Mutt and Jeff.... so goooooddddddd.. i just can't wait anymore. That white smooth dirt.. sometimes there are some pieces very very smooth and crumbly.. and all bags usually have like powder at the bottom. i always collect the powder in one bag. The bag fills up with the powder and i eat it with a spoon. The powder tastes so earthy.... yum yum yum..... i really want to make a video this time. and take pictures of my white dirt/kaolin.
angela

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

@ mehh... I have eaten multani mitti as a kid in india. what i hated was it clumps up in your mouth. most of it gets stuck on your teeth/gums. here in the US , we can not find the chunks. the only fuller's earth we can find is the one in little boxes sold for face packs. sucks... i have been getting white dirt for past year or so. It tastes super good.... lot better than the fuller's earth. it doesnt get stuck to your teeth. That is important for me because i can spit out most of the white dirt after enjoying its dry earthy texture. I don't want to ingest it cuz i know it is going to cause constipation and maybe kidney stones, if i don't drink enough water. one reason why i spit it out because i cna't stop a one or two pieces..i love it so much i keep on munching on it. so i always keep a plastic bag with me , i enjoy the earthy flavor until it becomes a paste then i throw it out in the plastic bag..... i really really love the way it tastes. i can finish like 2 lbs ( almost 1 kg ) in a day.
Shaz

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

angela wrote:
@ chalklover...... Oh man.. so disappointed....... those cliffs loook so goood.......... look just like kaolin .. i was like thinking that all you UK clay lover could go around that area and dig up some . but i guess that didn't work out. but the video where the kids are jumping in the water is actually real kaolin..... it looks like a place where kaolin has been mined from.
and hello to everyone else.. I am still waiting on my white dirt from Mutt and Jeff.... so goooooddddddd.. i just can't wait anymore. That white smooth dirt.. sometimes there are some pieces very very smooth and crumbly.. and all bags usually have like powder at the bottom. i always collect the powder in one bag. The bag fills up with the powder and i eat it with a spoon. The powder tastes so earthy.... yum yum yum..... i really want to make a video this time. and take pictures of my white dirt/kaolin.
Dam! I know exactly what ur talking about and today I just had to get myself clay iv been going crazy and as I type iv got a big block of clay its so smoooth gosh I feel like im on drugs I could eat this all day :):)
mehh

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

angela wrote:
@ mehh... I have eaten multani mitti as a kid in india. what i hated was it clumps up in your mouth. most of it gets stuck on your teeth/gums. here in the US , we can not find the chunks. the only fuller's earth we can find is the one in little boxes sold for face packs. sucks... i have been getting white dirt for past year or so. It tastes super good.... lot better than the fuller's earth. it doesnt get stuck to your teeth. That is important for me because i can spit out most of the white dirt after enjoying its dry earthy texture. I don't want to ingest it cuz i know it is going to cause constipation and maybe kidney stones, if i don't drink enough water. one reason why i spit it out because i cna't stop a one or two pieces..i love it so much i keep on munching on it. so i always keep a plastic bag with me , i enjoy the earthy flavor until it becomes a paste then i throw it out in the plastic bag..... i really really love the way it tastes. i can finish like 2 lbs ( almost 1 kg ) in a day.
sounds too good, there is no access to kaoline where i live! I knw how fuller forms lumps in mouth sad! But once you are additcted it makes you feel good! Take care buddy!
adaku

Aberdeen, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

will love to access this fuller earth everyone keeps talking about.....shaz...i was in a bad place before.i used to eatalmost one kilo in 2 days,the lady who supplied me then would buy 5kilos and wait for me to request for them and trust the crave i was always going back for more.i couldnt climb the staircase without feeling like my heart was going to push itself out of my ribcage.when i have eaten so much,at nite breathing for me become quite difficult so i used to complain of insomnia cos many nite sleep eluded me.then i found this forum,as much as i was addicted and relished the habit,a greater part of me wanted to stop becos i was a total mess,when the crave comes and i dont get,i become aggressive so i knew i needed help.the forum helped...the likes of ackee,soul sistas,carribean clay lover and many other ladies here...some adviced iron which i tried but was never consistent with...then craving clay suggested it again and then i decided to try again.i took iron for 3 weeks and and couldnt believe it!i could go for days and not remember clay...now i am better because i can control my urges.i indulgr when i feel like and wont be so angry if i dont find clay.sometimes when i buy now after a mouthful i throw the rest away becos the crave would just disappear.for me,i love to talk and indulge but u also want to be in control!the lady who could have gotten a truck load when she made that trip with her husband but did not, just encouraged me.... so dearie it depends totally on youif you want to reduce your symptoms try the iron tabs and see how you feel,if it helps then you great...keep trying soon you will feel more comfortatable once you achieve that control.
Shaz

Europe

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

adaku wrote:
will love to access this fuller earth everyone keeps talking about.....shaz...i was in a bad place before.i used to eatalmost one kilo in 2 days,the lady who supplied me then would buy 5kilos and wait for me to request for them and trust the crave i was always going back for more.i couldnt climb the staircase without feeling like my heart was going to push itself out of my ribcage.when i have eaten so much,at nite breathing for me become quite difficult so i used to complain of insomnia cos many nite sleep eluded me.then i found this forum,as much as i was addicted and relished the habit,a greater part of me wanted to stop becos i was a total mess,when the crave comes and i dont get,i become aggressive so i knew i needed help.the forum helped...the likes of ackee,soul sistas,carribean clay lover and many other ladies here...some adviced iron which i tried but was never consistent with...then craving clay suggested it again and then i decided to try again.i took iron for 3 weeks and and couldnt believe it!i could go for days and not remember clay...now i am better because i can control my urges.i indulgr when i feel like and wont be so angry if i dont find clay.sometimes when i buy now after a mouthful i throw the rest away becos the crave would just disappear.for me,i love to talk and indulge but u also want to be in control!the lady who could have gotten a truck load when she made that trip with her husband but did not, just encouraged me.... so dearie it depends totally on youif you want to reduce your symptoms try the iron tabs and see how you feel,if it helps then you great...keep trying soon you will feel more comfortatable once you achieve that control.
Thank you very much Adaku I will definetely try them :) thanks
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Chalk lover wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi ackee, we do have kaolin companies in the UK but they don't dig it first like in the US so that there are chunks. In the UK they blast it with water and it becomes a slurry of kaolin, water and other pieces of dirt and rocks that are mixed in with the kaolin. Once a company sent me a sample - I was disappointed :-( I think they blast it with water first as a way of accessing the kaolin - as it's mixed with other substances - not pure like in the US. You lucky people in the US with all that pure white dirt lol!!
It's disappointing what you said earlier about those cliffs in Dover...I was getting ready to book my flight lol! It must also be so disappointing for you how they process the clay in the UK (such a waste of what I guess would be good eating kaolin).

Even if these chalk cliffs aren't any good for our purposes they sure look good and I love looking at the pictures. Here are some cliffs from another part of England:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/learningzone/clips/old-h...

This one below has loads of pictures, and talks about clay being there in between the chalk in some instances. If you scroll down you'll see a map which shows an area of clay and I wonder if that is any good?

http://www.southampton.ac.uk/~imw/Harry-Rocks...

I have read that Cornwall has lots of kaolin. Have you ever been to the Cornwall area Chalk lover? I was wondering if people can just wander around the cliffs there or wherever the good clay can be found and help themselves to chunks?
angela

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

Hello everyone, I found a website online. They have kaolin , food grade and FDA approved or soemthing.... they offer different kind. please take a look. I did not contact them.

http://www.cbchrystal.com/Mineral_grade.php...
angela

Queens Village, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

when you go on to the website, to view the different grades of kaolin, go to minerals offered and click on kaolin, only then all diff. grades of kaolin come. I am thinking of contacting them. it is good that they guarntee no pathogens or bacteria or anything. :)
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

angela wrote:
Hello everyone, I found a website online. They have kaolin , food grade and FDA approved or soemthing.... they offer different kind. please take a look. I did not contact them.
http://www.cbchrystal.com/Mineral_grade.php...
Hey angela I have visited this site before. I am thinking you might have to buy a great deal. Maybe a bulk order that would probably be a
lot of clay. Look at the origin and it says it come from England. wow!! Are you going to inquire further?
ackee

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2012

ALL THINGS CLAY
The second post is fabulous. Those cliffs are so white and beautiful. Just imagine if that was in your backyard we might go crazy. It is amazing that we are so attracted to the earth. How good it looks and How good it might taste. How we find such comfort in clay. They give so many reason why we should not have it then their are others who show its medicinal uses. I think it taste so good bcz of our bodies lack of certain minerals that we might over indulge. I do love clay I have not been eating as much as I use to but I do think about it all the time.I am fascinated that we just develop this urge and craving for this chalk like substance. Sorry to say I love chewing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 2,741 - 2,760 of7,197
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Nutrition Discussions

Search the Nutrition Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Reports from Cuba: The Revolution's Pensioners Fri Commie Buster 26
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) Thu Abberdabbers 58
Lipitor? For Me? No Way (Oct '11) Apr 17 be cautious 4
Shari Belafonte Partners With VIVUS to Encourag... Apr 14 Freddy the Fright-Stalker 1
Life with Diabetes in Macedonia Apr 13 Odysseus BC 3
Condition Nutrition Releases Survey On Doping a... (May '09) Apr 12 extreme politics 5
Turmeric lowered high blood pressure (Feb '09) Apr 11 Rev Jewell 40
•••
•••
•••
•••