Why do I often crave eating clay?

Why do I often crave eating clay?

There are 8980 comments on the GoErie.com story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Why do I often crave eating clay?. In it, GoErie.com reports that:

Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at GoErie.com.

Caribbean clay lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#2735 Nov 20, 2012
Man Ackee, am telling you, the oats are a saviour. My cravings are really strong - Teeth grind & all. The oats are the quaker instant oats. The rolled really fine ones that they added soy to. Eat like pack a day. We use the aztec healing clay out here but eating that could cause awful body pain and itching. It tasted really great thou esp when its been wet and dried. But yea clay is around here but not fit for consumption. Fam knows about the liking for oats but dont know about the clay part. Have two friends here that knows about it and want to see whats this clay cravin s all about. Willin to try it out. They may get addicted lol. How about you? Hows it been for you?
ackee wrote:
CCL
I gues eatng oats works for you I do not think I ould be satisfied because of the fact that it would not have that earth taste and crunch I like from eating clay. Do they use clay in JA for anything? I am sure their are others there that asr going through the same thing as you are. They probaly feel uncomfortable. Does your Family know that you like clay?
saiqakhan

UK

#2736 Nov 20, 2012
Hi there im from uk saiqa khan and i would like some white clay pls how do i order my email is saiqakhan911@hotmail.com
MavuSeller wrote:
P.S
SPREAD THE WORD!!!!
If you know of any other UK clay eaters looking for a quick delivery of the best clay EVER..get the word out there!!!
AND
If you are from anywhere else in the world just send me an email at mavuseller@hotmail.co.uk to be put on my INTERNATIONAL WAITING LIST. So that as soon as I start shipping worldwide..YOU'LL be the first to know.
I'm so excited!!!!
alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#2737 Nov 20, 2012
really craving some white dirt now ... the cravings are starting to get bad .
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2738 Nov 20, 2012
angela wrote:
Hi adaku . I am bettrr now. Bleeding stopped but still anemic. Have an appointment wid a reproductive endocronologist next week. I hope everything goes well wid ur appt. will pray for u. Good luck. Take care keep us posted. Hi ackeee. I hope u r doing weell. I am just waiting to see if mutt nd Jeff are voing to send me my white dirt. Yummm cant wait. I will email u if I do get it nd send u some. I orderd 10 lbs. Tc everyone
I am glad to know that you are doing well. plz take care
omos

Italy

#2740 Nov 21, 2012
is not good to eat clay is very bad gusssssssss
Lima

UK

#2742 Nov 21, 2012
Mavuseller is very unreliable and just sounds like the same person now claiming to be a sister. If you take peoples money then be more professional and honour the delivery promptly. It's only fair.
MavuSeller

UK

#2743 Nov 21, 2012
clay junkie wrote:
<quoted text>
Mavu seller, I have purchased from u twice already and haven't received my orders. What's happening? ndong.kulthum@gmail.com
Arrghh!! Noooo!! And to think I was on a roll getting everyones order out on time! I just checked my records and it turns out you are right! Confused, I looked further and realised you've changed address!! A 'doh' moment on my part! Clearly I've been sending your clay to the wrong address. I'll send you clay equivalent to the total amount you've paid so far. So sorry!!
adaku

UK

#2745 Nov 21, 2012
I just got my clay from Mavu!enjoying myself nowwwww...
clay junkie

UK

#2746 Nov 21, 2012
Lima wrote:
Mavuseller is very unreliable and just sounds like the same person now claiming to be a sister. If you take peoples money then be more professional and honour the delivery promptly. It's only fair.
Sent mavu mail on her website.. She replied and looks like unfortunately they were sent to my old address. Bless her she's sending me an equivalent should have them by saturday. I'm smiling now
mahi

New Delhi, India

#2747 Nov 21, 2012
meh wrote:
<quoted text> i love fullers earth too especialy salty one.it is very much addicting! When your cravings got started?
Exactly yaar salty one is awesome......i have been eating clay for almost 13 yrs....i guess it started when i was 3 yrs old.....now i am 17....but i do not want it....i think it is wastage of money as it has zero nutritional value.....u know what yesterday i bought two packs of apsara dustless chalk made of high quality calcium carbonate....but i tasted yukkkk....i was completely tasteless i just threw one pack....have returned other one two but in exchange shopkeeper gave me 2 packets of some taj mahal chalks....i was tasty but i felt like the manufactuters have added sand to it....and yeah i think in one pack there were around 50 or more pieces of chalk.. costed only 10 ruppees....but i just threw them too.....i eat fullers earth with some intervals of months....last mene may me khayi thi....i just want to leave this habbit....
clay junkie

UK

#2748 Nov 21, 2012
MavuSeller wrote:
<quoted text>
Arrghh!! Noooo!! And to think I was on a roll getting everyones order out on time! I just checked my records and it turns out you are right! Confused, I looked further and realised you've changed address!! A 'doh' moment on my part! Clearly I've been sending your clay to the wrong address. I'll send you clay equivalent to the total amount you've paid so far. So sorry!!
Thanks mavu for sorting out the problem. Can't wait to get chewing. Xxxx
meh

Europe

#2749 Nov 21, 2012
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly yaar salty one is awesome......i have been eating clay for almost 13 yrs....i guess it started when i was 3 yrs old.....now i am 17....but i do not want it....i think it is wastage of money as it has zero nutritional value.....u know what yesterday i bought two packs of apsara dustless chalk made of high quality calcium carbonate....but i tasted yukkkk....i was completely tasteless i just threw one pack....have returned other one two but in exchange shopkeeper gave me 2 packets of some taj mahal chalks....i was tasty but i felt like the manufactuters have added sand to it....and yeah i think in one pack there were around 50 or more pieces of chalk.. costed only 10 ruppees....but i just threw them too.....i eat fullers earth with some intervals of months....last mene may me khayi thi....i just want to leave this habbit....
i totally understand your situation! I an having this habbit of eating since last 1 and half year and now am 22! I ate it two months ago but still cant resist with giving up! I love reading posts here going through numbers of google searches! Soon am going to buy half kg of fullers craving it too much!
mahi

New Delhi, India

#2750 Nov 21, 2012
meh wrote:
<quoted text> i totally understand your situation! I an having this habbit of eating since last 1 and half year and now am 22! I ate it two months ago but still cant resist with giving up! I love reading posts here going through numbers of google searches! Soon am going to buy half kg of fullers craving it too much!
Naah i will not buy....i really do not feel happy eating it....i am really gonna end up these cravings.....this time i am determined....u know why...one of my cousins is having kidney problem,her kidneys are not working now.... she is on dialysis......she doesnot eat aby of these things but she is still having such probs so socho zara ki bina kch ingest kie uski ye condition hai to meri ye sab cheeze khane k baad kya hoga....or mujhe ab tak 3 baar stomachache hua hai and i think vo kisi stone ki wjh se hua hoga....hey do u knw any signs or symptoms of stone....?!!plzz let me knw...i wanna knw....plzz
mehh

Europe

#2751 Nov 21, 2012
and yes go to youtube write drinking fullers earth you wil get the very first video defining its benefit of colon cleansing! Stay raw stay happy ;) just hope we could limit our cravings!
Mel

South Africa

#2752 Nov 21, 2012
Hi, I am new to this forum, hav been reading all the posts for sum tym nw, wud like to knw if there is any1 from South Africa, Durban, I have tasted da white clay in da packets which da africans sell, I use to get some1 to buy it for me, but they r not around anymore, Can some1 tell me which shops I can get clay to eat.
mehh

Europe

#2753 Nov 21, 2012
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
Naah i will not buy....i really do not feel happy eating it....i am really gonna end up these cravings.....this time i am determined....u know why...one of my cousins is having kidney problem,her kidneys are not working now.... she is on dialysis......she doesnot eat aby of these things but she is still having such probs so socho zara ki bina kch ingest kie uski ye condition hai to meri ye sab cheeze khane k baad kya hoga....or mujhe ab tak 3 baar stomachache hua hai and i think vo kisi stone ki wjh se hua hoga....hey do u knw any signs or symptoms of stone....?!!plzz let me knw...i wanna knw....plzz
i had musculur pain 6 months back so i went to doc and she did some tests and i was perfectly ok! The immune system is nt same for every person. And excess of anythng is obviously dangeors 4 health.my chalk eating habbit lasted for straight 4 years when i was 13! And i was like 10pieces of chalks daily but its years nw i dnt crave or touch any chalk. The one thing which disturbs me is fullers! In the tests no stones or any infection had came out but yes i am badly anemic! I so despirately wanna eat fuller!
mehh

Europe

#2754 Nov 21, 2012
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
Naah i will not buy....i really do not feel happy eating it....i am really gonna end up these cravings.....this time i am determined....u know why...one of my cousins is having kidney problem,her kidneys are not working now.... she is on dialysis......she doesnot eat aby of these things but she is still having such probs so socho zara ki bina kch ingest kie uski ye condition hai to meri ye sab cheeze khane k baad kya hoga....or mujhe ab tak 3 baar stomachache hua hai and i think vo kisi stone ki wjh se hua hoga....hey do u knw any signs or symptoms of stone....?!!plzz let me knw...i wanna knw....plzz
and yes dear, get your ultrasound done if you are worried! Feeling pain in abdomen area could be the one.check over web that might help but eating chalk is much harmful dn fuller or any other clay i read it smwhr in a article.
Mel

South Africa

#2755 Nov 21, 2012
Hey Mehh,

I am also an indian and crave it so badly, I stay in south africa and I also buy da small block ashes that they sell in da indian stores, its tasty
Blesn

Sweden

#2756 Nov 21, 2012
Please give it up its not good especially for the single.my sister adviced me to stop eating clay but was difficult for me.i started to crack the clay and spit it out instead of swalowing and unknown to me some of the clay particles were entering into my stomach and now i have fibroid. but thank god i have stopped eating clay for the past 38day.
mehh

Europe

#2757 Nov 21, 2012
Mel wrote:
Hey Mehh,
I am also an indian and crave it so badly, I stay in south africa and I also buy da small block ashes that they sell in da indian stores, its tasty
hello mel, i had never heared about block ashes! How does it looks like? Where is your home town here in india coz might be the avaibility is not in delhi?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Classes at Farmington senior center impart heal... 5 hr foodie 1
News U.S. Gives $7 Bil in Food Benefits to "Ineligib... May 22 ronnie 15
News School Leaders Fire Back Against Claims Of Unhe... (May '10) May 20 Superintendant of... 19
News The Mosaic Company Named No. 40 on 100 Best Cor... May 19 Fertilizing Divid... 1
News Republicans Eye Changes to Food-Stamp Program May 13 Go Blue Forever 65
News High-protein diets may backfire in the long run May 12 brickboo 1
News Female and losing your hair? Don't worry h- her... May 10 bengiekrome 2
More from around the web