Why do I often crave eating clay?

Full story: GoErie.com 8,945
Q I have a habit that I have developed off and on for the past two years. I love the taste of clay. Read more
MavuSeller

UK

#2713 Nov 18, 2012
Hi ladies just want to give a shout out to my regular old and new customers!! Thank you for all the support from the beginning! It's been a crazy year and I just received my largest single order yet for 8kg!!! Wow! Talk about stocking up for the winter! I hope to remain your main UK supplier and get those deliveries out quicker..I'm trying!!

Have a good week and remember I now ship to the US and order before Wednesday so u don't miss delivery day!!
All things clay

Hamilton, Bermuda

#2714 Nov 19, 2012
MavuSeller wrote:
Ooo just a thought! Would you be interested in trying Kenyan or Ghanaian clay? I have potential suppliers from both countries and thought we could do with a bit of variety. Let me know here or email me at mavuseller@hotmail.co.uk which you'd prefer if not both!
Hi MavuSeller, don't know if this is from you or the original MavuSeller but is this something that is still possible?

I would love to try Kenyan clay. Also, now that you are shipping to US do you have plans to ship to other countries?
mobu consumer

South Africa

#2716 Nov 19, 2012
Hello, anybody from other parts of africa that has salty clay? i would really love to try some, i usually eat the earthy type. last week i crushed the beige nd red clay, mixed em together with water and allowed it to dry... it tasted really good, now i want to try that with other types of clay... any body that has the salty kind please laet me know.
adaku

UK

#2717 Nov 19, 2012
mobu consumer wrote:
Hello, anybody from other parts of africa that has salty clay? i would really love to try some, i usually eat the earthy type. last week i crushed the beige nd red clay, mixed em together with water and allowed it to dry... it tasted really good, now i want to try that with other types of clay... any body that has the salty kind please laet me know.
where are you located?
angela

Woodhaven, NY

#2718 Nov 19, 2012
Hi ackee, Adadku, and everyone else. I just ordered white dirt from mutt and jeff. Craving it so bad. I have to have some. i hope they still have it. :)
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2719 Nov 19, 2012
angela wrote:
Hi ackee, Adadku, and everyone else. I just ordered white dirt from mutt and jeff. Craving it so bad. I have to have some. i hope they still have it.:)
Hi angela I know how you feel. I have been having some serious cravings myself. I have a little bag of clay but it is not doing anything for me right now. It does not have that earthy taste that I like. It has everything else but that earthy flavor that I love. I hope you get it from them it has been awhile since I ordered from them. The last batch I got was real good. I ordered from another site and it was not quite up to par. I hope you only ordered ten lbs and not as much as you used to. I do not eat it as much but when I think about it my mouth begins to salivate. I know it is rough girl.

That craving won't go away until it is satisfied. How many months has it been since you had clay? I know it has been awhile. You did good. I think if you did not have a episode of your health situation you would still be going strong. I am thinking of getting from amazon it looks real earthy and good.
ackee

Bronx, NY

#2720 Nov 19, 2012
adaku Did you get you clay yet?
Caribbean clay lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#2721 Nov 19, 2012
Hey Ackee. Yeah those stones are way harder on the system than clay. You literly feel it passing thru the system when you eat them. I use to each cement blocks it there isnt any real marl. Wld chip a piece off & nibble on it. It satisfies the craving if i eat a size like hlf of a lemon. Dont do it much now coz the cement make u feel awful. Then there was charcoal but thats carcinogenic. Then i used to feast on chalk esp street chalk. Several sticks a day. It was a trip hidin it from my then fiance lol. Now I satisfy the craving with eatin raw really dry quaker oats.
ackee wrote:
Carribean Clay lover
I would think that stones would be a bit hard on the system in comparison to clay. I think excess of stones or clay might cause kidney stones. Remember that they use clay for medicinal purposes in small quantity. By the way how do you satisfy your craving in JA. That video seems as if it contains Grey clay and red clay.
Caribbean clay lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#2722 Nov 19, 2012
Hi Mobu i can imagine how yum mixing the beige with the red clay realy is. Been wanting to try that. Do you or anyone know if green clay is any good. recently there was someone here askin about black clay. Black clay makes nice pottery but I wonder how it taste
mobu consumer wrote:
Caribbean clay lover

Kingston, Jamaica

#2723 Nov 19, 2012
Hi Angela, how are you? Really hope Mutt and jeff has it. Clay cravins can be such a pain when you cant satisfy it.
angela wrote:
Hi ackee, Adadku, and everyone else. I just ordered white dirt from mutt and jeff. Craving it so bad. I have to have some. i hope they still have it.:)
alexx

Stockbridge, GA

#2724 Nov 19, 2012
clay cravings are a pain , but I haven't had any in a month . so I'm doing good . especially w/ the stress going on .
Mary Tyler

Beaumont, TX

#2725 Nov 19, 2012
Which is the best clay on amazone 1.Amaco grey moist clay or 2.White Clay in plastic bag ?
omos

Italy

#2726 Nov 20, 2012
clay is very sweet in benin we call it eko or orhue but dangerous though
Adaku

Aberdeen, UK

#2727 Nov 20, 2012
Ackee dear have not been able to get,still waiting.oh yes I agree the crave can be super annoying..if I don't get some soon,I will requests for iron tabs again even though the nausea it causes can be awful.would love some white Georgia clay just can't find any now.......omo I know eko,while I was studying at the university that was what I was eating,it's so hard and can break ones teeth,wouldn't mind some now though.hey andy
adaku

UK

#2728 Nov 20, 2012
Hey └ngel,how are you h˛lding up?did you see your doctors?hope they are trying to sort you out quickly....i understand your crave dearie and i feel that way right now,there has been so much going on around me lately although i amb not so so Bad.have my appt today,will keep You guys posted.
mahi

Delhi, India

#2729 Nov 20, 2012
meh wrote:
<quoted text>
hey am from delhi! what do you crave? or do you?
Only clay available in india is fullers earth(multani mitti)....i love it....what abt u??
meh

Europe

#2730 Nov 20, 2012
mahi wrote:
<quoted text>
Only clay available in india is fullers earth(multani mitti)....i love it....what abt u??
i love fullers earth too especialy salty one.it is very much addicting! When your cravings got started?
adaku

UK

#2732 Nov 20, 2012
Surgery scheduled for feb.there is still time to have my Treat.hope evryone is great.
ackee

Torrington, CT

#2733 Nov 20, 2012
CCL

I gues eatng oats works for you I do not think I ould be satisfied because of the fact that it would not have that earth taste and crunch I like from eating clay. Do they use clay in JA for anything? I am sure their are others there that asr going through the same thing as you are. They probaly feel uncomfortable. Does your Family know that you like clay?
angela

Brooklyn, NY

#2734 Nov 20, 2012
Hi adaku . I am bettrr now. Bleeding stopped but still anemic. Have an appointment wid a reproductive endocronologist next week. I hope everything goes well wid ur appt. will pray for u. Good luck. Take care keep us posted. Hi ackeee. I hope u r doing weell. I am just waiting to see if mutt nd Jeff are voing to send me my white dirt. Yummm cant wait. I will email u if I do get it nd send u some. I orderd 10 lbs. Tc everyone

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... Mar 29 roy 3
News Northeast, Blue Cross team up for 'fitNEss' Mar 28 Why teach 1
News States to test ways to send food stamp recipien... Mar 26 Sneaky Pete 9
Should Nutrition class be taught in schools? Mar 20 hmsmith 1
News Female and losing your hair? Don't worry h- her... Mar 17 Chispita13 1
News Women Across The World Are Suffering From Baldn... Mar 17 Chispita13 1
News Influence Game: Meat industry fights new dietar... Mar 15 goonsquad 7
More from around the web