Vacaville school cafeteria manager focused on nutrition

Full story: The Reporter

This is the third in a series about Vacaville Unified classified employees, who this week are celebrating Class-ified School Employee Week.
Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated May 23, 2013

Since: Aug 10

Kent, WA

#1 May 23, 2013
Did I miss something?
The aroma of cooked turkey filled the room yet of all of the menus items listed turkey was not one of them.

I wonder how much of that romaine and jicama ends up in the trash can, I'd bet most of it.
Max

Walnut Creek, CA

#2 May 23, 2013
It's all Bush's fault!
Adam Lambert

Benicia, CA

#3 May 23, 2013
Cafeteria manager at the Vacaville school, she prepared food -- a breakfast pizza or cinnamon French toast,

On the menu? Sloppy Joe sliders, bean and beef burritos, hotdogs

"She's caring and she's hard-working," said Stout. "Those are the two top things that describe her. She wants to give 110 percent, to feed the kids a better meal. She wants the quality to be better. She wants to find better ways of doing things."
----------
Yeah --- thatís why she serves pizza, burritos, & hotdogs. What do you bet the students slather the French toast with fake maple syrup (a.k.a. liquid sugar)?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 20 min UK CLAY 8,095
More school districts consider free meals for all Thu Keven1986 1
Knee joint replacment surgery Thu Nogods 27
One man's uphill battle against childhood obesity Aug 20 tyimmy 1
Chiropractors as family doctors: Once denounced... Aug 18 Chiropractor from... 12
Defeat insomnia and sleep easy with these top f... (Oct '13) Aug 17 Jack 6
CRN-I aims for new audience with supplement qua... Aug 16 LEGALISE STEROIDS 2
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••