Depression linked to heart disease risk

Depression linked to heart disease risk

There are 5 comments on the Jordan News.Net story from Nov 13, 2011, titled Depression linked to heart disease risk. In it, Jordan News.Net reports that:

Depression among young adults can have an unwanted spinoff -- it could elevate their chances of dying from heart disease.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Jordan News.Net.

HumanSpirit

Live Oak, FL

#1 Nov 13, 2011
Depression is responsible for the corruption in the medical profession along with pharmaceutical profits and thousands of deaths from the drug side effects'
FBOMBER

Winnipeg, Canada

#2 Nov 14, 2011
Go see a doctor, say you can't sleep. He immediately gives you Pharma for depression. Tell him you are sad and crying because your child has autism. Again depression. They forget we can have sleep issues because of stress or too much coffee. They forget that loss causes a natural mourning response, nope, its depression.
Warren Beach

Chicago, IL

#3 Dec 16, 2011
Taking antidepressant does increase the risk of other individuals in developing various illnesses. There has been a study that has found a link between depression and antidepressant use with heart attack. Feel free to visit http://www.paxilbirthdefectlaw.com/updates/de... read all about this study.
Natalie Roberts

Chicago, IL

#4 Jan 13, 2012
Depression stems from many various reasons, from seemingly trivial to serious incidents that triggered the illness. Any stressor is a potential cause of depression. Plus, there are genetic, diet, mental and psychological ""triggers" " that may result to a severe case of depression.

Mental and health experts say that seeking professional consult at the earliest sign of depression is advised. The sooner the condition is nipped in the bud, the better it would be for the patient. Unfortunately, many people wait until the effects have grown into a serious and debilitating condition. For mild depression, studies have revealed that antidepressants may have little or negligible real therapeutic value but the side effects of these drugs are real.
http://www.paxilbirthdefectlaw.com/paxil-ssri...
Cristal

UK

#5 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/3FuqC7 only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Sep 13 ayiloisthebest 9,261
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... (Mar '15) Sep 8 wow 13
News Should food stamps be used to buy soda and cand... (Mar '17) Sep 8 banjojaque 4
News LipoLaser Procedure Not Necessarily a Quick Fix (Jul '10) Sep 7 Chicago Chiropractor 47
News Honey Boo Boo's diet now a serious study by uni... (Oct '12) Aug '17 Tex- 13
News Raising a vegan baby: Parents say abuse cases g... (Oct '16) Aug '17 Wee 2
News Free meals available to all Livingston Parish p... Jul '17 uchrisbrownq 1
More from around the web