The Lemonade/Master Cleanser Diet

Full story: Newsday 133
While I relish extreme cuisine , I do not like excessive diets. However, in the name of "Dieter's Diary," I went on the Master Cleanser Diet, also known as the Lemonade Diet. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#144 Apr 1, 2008
1500 calories a day and exercise.

that's all you need.
Trey

Austin, TX

#145 Apr 9, 2008
Ketchup and Ray. It is two TEAspoons of uniodized sea salt in 32 oz. of water. NOT tablespoons. There is a big difference. The salt is intended to make the weight of the distilled water the same weight as your blood. When the distilled water has the same specific gravity as blood, the body will treat it as it does blood and will not absorb it from the digestive system. The salt water will simply be "flushed" through. The theory is that it will flush out the toxins and mucus knocked loose by the acids in the lemon juice.
PAUL SHYKORA

Calgary, Canada

#146 Apr 9, 2008
...with ''REAL LEMON''...?????eh.
rina

San Pablo, CA

#147 May 19, 2008
for the lemonade diet. what if you use 100% pure maple syrup grade A. is that still ok? and do you have to use the pepper?? and what if you drink less than 8 glasses per day? does it still work??
hello

Surrey, Canada

#148 Jun 13, 2008
OKAY MISINFORMATION PEOPLE....

it's 1 or 2 teaspoons in the whole 30 ounces.
hello

Surrey, Canada

#149 Jun 13, 2008
and by that correction, no that ammount will NOT kill you, and people should get there facts straight when posting something-otherwise it could be unsafe and ineffective...but the salt flush with A TEASPOON of SEA SALT,unrefine and not iodized is okay to do..but you should good more info before trying this or taking anyones word!!!!
hello

Surrey, Canada

#150 Jun 13, 2008
Ray wrote:
You really are just a smug little know it all who likes to make assumptions. I will respond to your "mathematics" when I have the time to. I also love how you assume people who work in health food stores are some brainwashed people off the street. I suggest you go into a health food store and ask the one in charge of their qualifications. I bet you would be very surprised. Most of them are nutrionists. Certified, licensed, qualified and competent nutrionists. Are there average joes that work there yes, but any reputable health food store will have at least one nutrionist working. They have also done the same programs they are telling you to do and havent ended up in the hospital. Because people expand there knowledge and begin to look for solutions outside the box does not make them quakes. You go ahead and be dependent on medications and take you place as a drone in what has become Pill Popping America. Dont belittle people who want to try something new. And do me a favor, do all you fancy math with two teaspoons of salt instead of two tablespoons, it is possible I made a mistake.
Nat, are you sure it is two teaspoons, i thought it was two tablespoons? I could be mistaken.
ARE YOU STUPID??? because you trying to act all smart is a joke when you don't even know WHAT you're talking about?!?!The flush is...ONE OR TWO TEASPOONS per 30 ounces of water you nimwit!!!! PER DAY..that's all...one serving of that=mx. 2 teaspoons of organic,natural,unrefined,not iodzied SEA SALT for a 30 ounce glass of water ONE time a day for each day you're doing the cleanse.......do the math now...
hmmm

Surrey, Canada

#151 Jun 13, 2008
ketchup wrote:
<quoted text>
Ray, I agree with you wholeheartedly. It is in my nature to be skeptical of anything from science to religious beliefs. Thats one of the reasons that I have taken so many science courses; so I can learn by observation.
The reason I'm even arguing about this is because I have seen firsthand what salt water does to animal cells during laboratory experiments. When salt water is applied, the water is drawn out of the cell and the cell itself shrivels like a prune and dies. Each student in my class observed the same effect, so that leads me to believe that salt + cells= dehyration. Obviously I have never been inside a body to observe when someone drinks salt water, but I can only imagine that it has the same effect inside the body as it does on a slide.
okay i meant to send that message to you not ray ....but who are you?? stop arguing and get over it. it's 2 teaspoons not tablespoons ..and that's for 30 ounces of water only taken once a day...so stop being a fool!
ErinB

New Orleans, LA

#152 Nov 30, 2008
I am staring the 19 day cleanse tomorrow! We shall see how it goes. i will keep you posted!
JSYK

Wilkesboro, NC

#153 Oct 3, 2009
ketchup wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir, need to educate yourself before spouting nonsense that could land people in the hospital.
Are you seriously suggesting people guzzle salt water?? Are you kidding me??
Want to know what happens if you drink salt water? Bill Bryson puts it vividly:
Take a lot of salt into your body and your metabolism very quickly goes into crisis. From every cell, water molecules rush off like so many voluntary firemen to try to dilute and carry off the sudden intake of salt. This leaves the cells dangerously short of the water they need to carry out their normal functions. They become, in a word, dehydrated. In extreme situations, dehydration will lead to seizures, unconsciousness, and brain damage. Meanwhile, the overworked blood cells carry the salt to the kidneys, which eventually become overwhelmed and shut down. WITHOUT FUNCTIONING KIDNEYS YOU DIE. That is why we don't drink seawater.
You are actually supposed to do this. It will not land you in the hospital. The salt water acts as a laxative, so while you are cleansing your system with the lemonade the water flushes out everything so the lemonade can be more effective.
coco

Jersey City, NJ

#154 Mar 3, 2010
Does anyone know where I can get grade b maple syrup in the bronx. I've tried a lot of stores and no one seems to have it

Since: Feb 11

Love Land

#155 Feb 7, 2011
I've done this cleanse before and it works. My mind is clearer, I feel lighter and I look amazing. I'm due for another cleanse and I want to do it for 21 days until the end of this month.

I always feel better after I do this and I want to be in tip top mental, emotional and physical shape for spring. Wish me blessings :)
cookie

Kalamazoo, MI

#156 May 8, 2012
first of all, you all have it wrong because its only 2 teaspoons not tablespoons!!...if you are doing the master cleanse (which is wonderful for detox and not strictly weight loss), please only use 2 teaspoons with 32 ounces of distilled water in the morning. If this does not work for you and your body just absorbs from dehydration. Try drinking a glass of water before or just use the laxative tea in the morning and evening with no salt water flush.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 5 hr crazy 4 stuff 8,288
Lindenhurst Chiropractor Launches Nutrition Web... 12 hr Chiropractor from... 5
U.S. nutrition program for mothers, infants see... Sun Guess Who 2
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) Sep 19 Lauren123 63
When talking about body size, African-American ... Sep 12 Rock 9
Black Women's Ideas Of Fat Far From Doctors'; M... Sep 12 BWEFocused 20
Organization to only prep Black children for su... Sep 9 LION 9
•••

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••