5 Foods Women Should Eat More

May 25, 2010 Full story: KIFI

For busy women of all ages, five foods boast high scores in essential nutrients such as iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamin K, folate, vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids.

Full Story
Constance

AOL

#1 May 26, 2010
I believe what's said here about depression and low levels of calcium and magnesium. I'll get mine in good supplements if I have to, but so help me, I will never try to eat broccoli again, even with cheese on it.

"Finally, according to Mental Health America, about 12 million women in the U.S. experience clinical depression each year. It's estimated that women are twice as likely as men to experience depression. Depression has been linked to low levels of calcium and magnesium, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that a study comparing the bone mass of depressed premenopausal women to their nondepressed peers found that the depressed women had reduced bone mass and the most thinning in their hip bones, putting them at higher risk of fractures.

Many leafy greens boast high levels of vitamin E, which helps stave off menopausal hot flashes. Excellent sources of vitamin E include mustard greens, turnip greens and Swiss chard; you can also find it in spinach, collard greens and kale. Like broccoli, leafy greens are natural diuretics and are great for combating bloat and water retention."

http://www.localnews8.com/health/23667205/det...
Marquise
#3 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.
Agace

UK

#6 Jan 30, 2014
I've been on Effexor from http://goo.gl/TRCx1y only one week but am cautiously very optimistic. Prior to this I was on citalopram but still feeling very low and sleeping poorly, feeling like I needed to be in bed 12-16 hours a day. Now I am waking naturally after only 8 hours sleep and finding it much easier to concentrate at work. I can hardly believe it is working so quickly but I feel so much better. I've had no side effects.

Since: Feb 14

UK

#7 Feb 10, 2014
How can I increase my calcium level?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) 6 hr Curious 8,347
San Juan County schools districts adjust to new... Sep 29 BeHereNow 5
Dietitian's online chat takes in weight loss, c... (Mar '11) Sep 29 jaya 65
Polish polyphenol study identifies coffee, tea ... Sep 28 Clear Dharma 21
Hardee's Sandwich Piles Meat On More Meat (Apr '06) Sep 28 jeffery luise 40
U.S. nutrition program for mothers, infants see... Sep 25 BeHereNow 3
Passion for food: FoodCorps service worker to h... Sep 24 Profits 1

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE