The Lemonade/Master Cleanser Diet

The Lemonade/Master Cleanser Diet

There are 108 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 7, 2007, titled The Lemonade/Master Cleanser Diet. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

While I relish extreme cuisine , I do not like excessive diets. However, in the name of "Dieter's Diary," I went on the Master Cleanser Diet, also known as the Lemonade Diet.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Mark

Boynton Beach, FL

#1 May 7, 2007
Posting this "diet" without massive qualifiers is highly irresponsible, Sun-Sentinel. For example, I could imagine this diet being problematic for folks with diabetes or many heart conditions--just the typ of folks who might be looking to shed weight.

Perhaps qualifiers are contained in a fuller exposition of the diet by Mr. Burroughs, but they are not contained here. For shame.
JoAnne

Indiantown, FL

#2 May 7, 2007
Mark wrote:
Posting this "diet" without massive qualifiers is highly irresponsible, Sun-Sentinel. For example, I could imagine this diet being problematic for folks with diabetes or many heart conditions--just the typ of folks who might be looking to shed weight.
Perhaps qualifiers are contained in a fuller exposition of the diet by Mr. Burroughs, but they are not contained here. For shame.
I couldn't agree more. Where are the caveats? Are you prepared to deal with the people who make themselves dreadfully ill from this diet? Irresponsible!
I a m a believer

Voorhees, NJ

#3 May 7, 2007
I'm a physician and put my parents and myself on this diet for weight loss and detox. My father loss 60lbs and his diabetes, cholesterol are under control without meds. Mom is off tenormin and I am a sexy & fine 125lbs. Loss 25lbs in 3 weeks. We have all been diligent over the past month have had great success.
Of course I could not recommend this diet to my patients because mal practice is just way to high. It works without hunger and minimal exercise. It is a great and wonderful suprise to me personally!
Irresponsible

Capitol Heights, MD

#4 May 7, 2007
Irresponsible is a diabetic, or any other person with health issues, going on ANY type of diet before consulting their physician!
Tax-Hater

Deerfield Beach, FL

#5 May 7, 2007
Mark wrote:
Shame on the Sun-Sentinel for expecting people to think for themselves. I smell a lawsuit coming ! No warning label on this diet, what is the world coming too. Ouch, I just hurt my finger typing this reply to "Mark". I am going to sue you !
fat boy

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 May 7, 2007
c'mon seroius, yoiu are doing nothing but drinking flavored water for 10 days, with laxatives, of course you are going to lose weight, gimme my big mac, who cares what people think of me, that is whats wrong with the world today, trying to make someone else happy...
Linda

Iceland

#7 May 7, 2007
Does this diet lower taxes and insurance by any chance?
A fellow American

United States

#8 May 7, 2007
THIS IS NOT A DIET
This "diet" is nothing new and is no ones exclusive property. This has been around for many, many years. Only a fool would want to drink this for 10 days straight with no food! Your not to drink this homemade master cleanser is for more than 3 days and you should be eating at least 1 meal per day. Cayenne and lemon are natural irritants to the body and will help you to "detoxify" I repeat THIS IS NOT A DIET
just_curious

Saint Augustine, FL

#9 May 7, 2007
The first thing I did after I read this article was google the diet, and immediately learned that you are NOT supposed to use Grade A maple syrup because it is overly refined. Sorta makes you wonder about the credibility of the author. Amazon sells Stanley Burroughs book, and the reviewers are positive, many seem to have been doing this cleanse for years. FWIW.
not a lemming

Hollywood, FL

#10 May 7, 2007
that'd be the day that i wld participate in this hokum...hmmm, what abt exercise and a balanced diet (i.e. no junk/fast food) duh.

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

#12 May 7, 2007
At first this diet promises to lower your taxes by at least 25% to 45%. Then it revises that and says 7%. Then it says only some parts of your taxes will be reduced that 7%. Then a little while later, anyone on this diet in Boward Coutny won't get a reduction at all.
Linda wrote:
Does this diet lower taxes and insurance by any chance?

“MANGLER”

Since: Dec 06

Atlanta, GA / Seattle, WA

#13 May 7, 2007
Hmmm, you said they've been on this diet for years? How big were they in the beginning? Over a ton? But then again, people who go on diets are people who go off of diets too. People don't realize that a diet is a lifetime thing, not just a 10 day thing to fit into a smaller dress.
just_curious wrote:
The first thing I did after I read this article was google the diet, and immediately learned that you are NOT supposed to use Grade A maple syrup because it is overly refined. Sorta makes you wonder about the credibility of the author. Amazon sells Stanley Burroughs book, and the reviewers are positive, many seem to have been doing this cleanse for years. FWIW.
Jan from Plantation

Miami, FL

#15 May 7, 2007
This is not really a diet, it's a fast, that's why it's called the 'master cleanse'. However, one of the benefits is loosing weight. I'm currently into my 3rd day of this fast, which I do twice a year for 1-2 weeks. The benefits are amazing: I loose 1 lb. a day, my sinus & skin clears up, my hypertension is stablized, I become more alert, spiritual, intuitive & energized. The real benefit is that it rids your body of toxins, cleanses your blood cells and all your organs. One should read about fasting before doing it and consult with your dr. if you have health issues. It grade B or C maple syrup not grade A. I start off by doing a colon cleanse and end with doing a liver cleanse.
josh

Scott Depot, WV

#16 May 7, 2007
It should be grade B maple syrup.
Valentin

United States

#19 May 7, 2007
I have also done the lemonade/master cleanse detox/diet. I lost 25 pounds in two weeks and subsequently have cut back from 3 separate medications for diabetes to just 1. Although I applaud you bringing more focus onto it's benefits I also think it is irresponsible to not explain that there is a saline rinse process involved every morning as part of the diet as well as some other nuances that you can only pick up if you plunk down the $6.50 cents for the easy to read 50 page manual which can easily be picked up at any WholeFoods Market or Amazon.com

[email protected]
What the

Pompano Beach, FL

#21 May 7, 2007
If it makes you feel good...then do it!
Dr Atkins

Pompano Beach, FL

#22 May 7, 2007
This newspaper is gonna kill the few readers it has left
MyNewAlias

Powder Springs, GA

#23 May 7, 2007
Is it wrong to ask what exactly comes out if you never actually eat anything?
therapist

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#24 May 7, 2007
Ok lets be real here folks...caloric restriction is the only way to actually lose weight. So you drink a bunch of lemon like liquid which has some maple syrup in it and it's caloric content is very low. Do it for days on end and you basically start to starve the body so of course you will lose weight. Its not healthy to restrict calories so much! The clarity and euphoria that you feel after a few days is starvation kicking in! Its another fad diet and a bad one at that. Remember the "hollywood liquid diet"?(the bottle full of orange looking junk) The one that was available on TV for a pocket full of cash? Well shortly after all the hype died down those bottles appeared on the shelves of every dollar store in america. Printing this article in the sun sentinel is a waste of space/paper/ink. Try suggesting something to people to help them not harm them.

Since: Apr 07

Delray Beach, FL

#25 May 7, 2007
SOUNDS PRETTY DANDEROUS TO ME- ITS QUITE ALL RIGHT-I WILL LOSE WEIGHT THE "RIGHT" WAY- SOUNDS REALLY STUPID AND DANGEROUS

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News USDA to Purchase Surplus Cheese for Food Banks ... Aug 25 Serratus Anterior 1
News NYC Doctors Step In And 'Prescribe' Fruits And ... Aug 24 Serratus Anterior 1
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Aug 22 Redgrey clay 9,210
News Fewer students eat school lunches as menus get ... Aug 20 Serratus Anterior 26
News 5 Nutrition Trends Found at NRA Show 2016 Aug 17 Serratus Anterior 4
News Fat is back: New guidelines give vilified nutri... (Jun '15) Aug 16 Serratus Anterior 3
News Food for Life's virtual drive strives to put fo... Aug 4 will Drought affe... 1
More from around the web