Erie programs ready to provide free m...

Erie programs ready to provide free meals for children

There are 2 comments on the Erie Times News story from May 30, 2012, titled Erie programs ready to provide free meals for children. In it, Erie Times News reports that:

Free summer-food programs for children of low-income families will soon launch throughout the Erie region, providing meals to kids who will lose access to free or reduced-price meals when school lets out next week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Erie Times News.

TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#1 May 31, 2012
What about their EBT cards?

Anyone 18 or younger is eligible, and there are no income requirements to participate.

Breakfast and lunch will be supplied by the food bank.
TaxNoMore

Los Angeles, CA

#2 May 31, 2012
The food stamp program, part of the Department of Agriculture, is

“ pleased to be distributing the greatest amount of food stamps ever”.

Meanwhile, the Park Service, also part of the Department of Agriculture, asks us to

"please do not feed the animals,"

because the animals may grow dependent and not learn to take care of themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Puppy Pals Ranch Announces a Special 'Long Term... (May '08) 19 hr St Francis 11
News Federal subsidy failing to keep northern food h... Sun yet 1
News 'My 600-Lb. Life' takes viewers on 'Joe's Story... (Mar '15) Dec 1 TipsyFromCentralC... 11
News Gene mutation appears to increase risk of Parki... Nov 28 Stephany McDowell 1
News Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Nov 27 vii 9,224
News British Medical Journal piece says evidence doe... Nov 26 VitaminD 1
News Pig behaviour, human nutrition experts take sta... Nov 17 scared yet 1
More from around the web