GOOD TASTE By Roger Tappen: Eating unprocessed food will supply more energy

Full story: Public Opinion 8
Why is it that nutritionists are making such a big deal about eating more fruits, vegetables, and whole grains? The short answer is that humans were meant to eat a diet dominated by fruits, vegetables, and grains. Full Story

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#1 Jun 1, 2011
This article is great and very informative!

Unfortunately, it will be lost on the majority of Franklin Countians, who seem to believe steak, chicken wings, slippery pot-pie and venison are all you need to survive.
Julia

Greencastle, PA

#2 Jun 1, 2011
Sick-Tired wrote:
This article is great and very informative!
Unfortunately, it will be lost on the majority of Franklin Countians, who seem to believe steak, chicken wings, slippery pot-pie and venison are all you need to survive.
Oh my gosh! I agree with you. I've been a vegetarian for approx. 31 years. One of my best decisions.

Location hidden

#3 Jun 1, 2011
Julia wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my gosh! I agree with you. I've been a vegetarian for approx. 31 years. One of my best decisions.
haha, wow. Stranger things have happened, I guess!

I've been meat and mostly dairy free for a few years now. Wouldn't ever go back to meat.
Mercersburg Dad

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Jun 2, 2011
Went the vegetarian route for about 2 years. It was neither painful or unpleasant, but I returned to my carnivour ways. I do & firmly believe that a "balanced" diet is very beneficial, but I do love seafood, steak, burgers, etc. Eating uncooked vegi's is probably the most nutritious.
Hayseed

Birdsboro, PA

#5 Jun 2, 2011
I don't have a problem with vegetarians, but if you choose this route, make sure you're still getting the proper nutrients for your body. Eating light to stay thin could be the death of you. Make sure your daily meals include protein, Vitamin B12, Vitamin D, fatty acids and calcium chased by about a gallon of water. I've seen too many veggies who don't look healthy and it's because they're not getting the proper nutrients. Most importantly, if you make a drastic change in diet, see your doctor.

Location hidden

#6 Jun 2, 2011
Did anybody see in the news today that the Food Pyramid is being done away with by the USDA? Now, a new "plate" icon is being used, with fruits and vegetables taking up half of the plate; the portion for vegetables being larger than the one for protein. In fact, "meat" isn't even mentioned, it just says "protein."

It's a big misconception that one needs so much protein. A lot of people actually get TOO MUCH protein.
tom

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Feb 4, 2013
This is extremely constructive for other people trying to lose weight. I personally have been using this product from http://www.Frutaplanta.net and have been getting great results! It’s an all natural way to lose weight. This Chinese tea has worked wonders for me and I enjoy sharing it with other people. Help me spread the word. I know that many other people would see results from using this product.
rhallabayoub

Casablanca, Morocco

#8 Feb 7, 2013
hi all,

j'ai aussi des recettes et des information concernant les fruits dans ce lien http://fruits.fr/ , vous pouez le vérifier ;)

salut

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Nutrition Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do I often crave eating clay? (Jan '09) Fri Trilot 8,624
Saturated Fat Affects More Than Your Cholesterol (Jun '06) Fri Truth Teller 17
New ban on snacks in NY schools spoiling studen... Nov 12 Bama Yankee 1
Obesity 'higher in fast-food areas' Nov 11 cdm-ochm 1
Managing diabetes and the holidays Nov 11 cdm-ochm 1
Child Nutritionist K. Yarker's "Preventing Pick... Nov 6 Travel 1
Mormons carry a few more pounds (Feb '06) Oct 30 Ishbal Ulk 300

Nutrition People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE