Stranded cruise passenger answers the question: Is there sewage everywhere?

Feb 14, 2013 Full story: WLLR-FM Davenport

Talk about making the best of a bad situation. Chris McCord, an optimistic and stoic stranded Carnival Cruise line passenger, called in to the Michael Berry Show to describe the conditions on board.

Full Story
whenthebowbreaks

Bryn Mawr, PA

#1 Feb 16, 2013
The disentary / ecoli issue seems to be being down played. Alot of people aren't even smart enough to realize their stomach problems are from food and sanitation issues and rather than a flu or virus in normal times. The only saving grace was they openend everything up for ventilation or stayed on deck.

That's going to be nasty to clean up in more ways than one. Gravity works one way-down. Fluids on the upper decks are probably still seeping down along with seeping into nooks, crannys, cracks etc on the same level.
gulfLove

Dublin, GA

#2 Feb 16, 2013
Sounds like most of the Wal-Mart bathrooms ive encountered thru my travels."BoohHoo"
wondering

Taylorsville, NC

#3 Feb 17, 2013
Why was the sewerage saved? I mean, in an emergency wouldn't it have been better to use buckets as slop jars and toss it all in the ocean? Certain sea creatures would feed on it, some might need to be cleaned up later, but at least the Boat wouldn't have been so nasty and dangerous. Especially when the boat was far from shore and before the toilets were overflowing. I know the photos of the boat reaching shore would have been gross, but appearances aside, in an emergency wouldn't it have been better if the toilets were closed, buckets used and emptied overbord?
fotde3

Snellville, GA

#4 Feb 17, 2013
Good thing al roker wasn't on that paticular cruise.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Meat Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ay Chiwowa's new menu from Chef Kevin Hickey 14 hr JohnCOnner240 1
Politics and steak on the menu in Iowa Sep 14 WelbyMD 2
Carnitas at Lupita Tortilleria y Carniceria, Ch... (Apr '10) Sep 14 miguel 9
Hope Acres Dairy Farm shuts down (Jan '09) Sep 10 Andy B 13
China Restaurant Sep 9 NoRestaurantsForMe 5
Drumstik Bar-BQ in Bridgeport was the top vote-... Sep 3 Citizen44 10
What Foods Russians May Miss Thanks to Putin's Ban Sep 2 PUTIN a NAZI PIG 205
•••

Meat People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE