Pledge: No tan for prom Arlington students hear first-hand tale of melanoma

Full story: Bennington Banner
Gov. Peter Shumlin unveiled a set of proposals Thursday that he said will boost farming, manufacturing and job training while putting recent military veterans back to work. Read more
Bandit

Bennington, VT

#1 Feb 4, 2011
To bad he has been around EX governor Dean so long. Just wish I had what they smoke.
You are Correct Sir

Harwich, MA

#2 Feb 5, 2011
Bandit, you, my friend, are clueless. Where have you been for the past 8 years when Gov. Sissorhands was running the state. You will recall that he lost jobs.

Shumlin's been on the job for what, a month? Give the guy a break and let's see what he can do. I'd say you already smoke too much.
Concerned

Bennington, VT

#3 Feb 7, 2011
From Schmlin's Bio: "In 2006, Shumlin ran for his old seat in the State Senate upon the retirement of Senator Rod Gander, who served in the Senate from 2002-2006. Upon his return to the State Senate, Shumlin was once again elected Senate President Pro Tempore."

Now during those years what did Schumlin and the super majority do to create jobs in Vermont? The Legislature, with its super majority has the power to override anything and everything the governor does-and they have. So with all that power and so called concern for jobs-why haven' t they done something in the past several years to improve employment, create jobs, help bring business to Vermont and/or boosted up existing businesses in Vermont?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Local Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The History of the Refrigerator: Staying Cool T... (Jan '13) Mar 24 bharwick 21
It's Like Tinder but for Local Food (Aug '14) Feb '15 Derrick Bean 2
Local Food hubs / Co-ops (Jul '14) Feb '15 Derrick Bean 3
News Missing something? What kind of restaurant do y... Feb '15 Berneta Seitz 1
News TEAC wants you to try an emu pita - it's local ... (Sep '09) Feb '15 Burlington 3
News Fresh Off the Boat: Crab and Salmon in Bodega Bay (Apr '12) Feb '15 Tylequious Jackson 2
News Eat local: Penn Dutch Food Center smokes their ... (Apr '09) Nov '14 Ramtubube 61 4
More from around the web