Local egg farms see a sunny side to r...

Local egg farms see a sunny side to recall

There are 3 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Aug 24, 2010, titled Local egg farms see a sunny side to recall. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The Siegel Egg Co., of Billerica is one of several local egg producers and handlers that is seeing an increase in business, thanks to the egg recall affecting many states in the West, South and Midwest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

Kamal Jain

Charlestown, MA

#2 Aug 25, 2010
We've been buying local eggs and milk for a little while now anyway, adding to our standing practice of buying local produce and foodstuffs whenever possible. Industrial farming has many risks and is generally quite inhumane compared to local and regional farming. The solution to the salmonella problem is not more government regulation and authority -- it is more local eggs!(and everything else local)

Kamal Jain
Lowell, MA
Veggie forever

Billerica, MA

#3 Aug 26, 2010
I became a vegetarian years ago due to my objections to slaughterhouses and factory farming. One plus is I never have to worry about recalls for beef or eggs. Try the veggie life, it is good for you and good for the planet
Hammerhead

Lexington, MA

#6 Aug 31, 2010
yeah i suess they never had salmonella outbreaks on veggies like spinach strawberries lettuce !

oh wait they have so much for veggie lifestyle!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Local Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Agrihoods take root: a housing trend rooted in ... May '16 Leann 1
News Missing something? What kind of restaurant do y... (Feb '15) Sep '15 vic 2
News Financial planning for grown-ups (Jun '15) Jun '15 Marcus 1
News The History of the Refrigerator: Staying Cool T... (Jan '13) May '15 blast 22
News Conservation group seeks to buy developer out o... (May '15) May '15 ApePeeD 1
News In Orlando, food doesn't have to be fast (Apr '15) Apr '15 Vib_Ram 1
It's Like Tinder but for Local Food (Aug '14) Apr '15 William 3
More from around the web