CUSD partners with Chico farmers to serve local food at every school

The Chico Unified School District Nutrition Services Department has partnered with two Chico farmers to serve local apples and tomatoes at every CUSD school site next week as part of the school lunch program. Full Story
bethevoice

Chico, CA

#1 Sep 19, 2010
Great News. I don't know if it's Tanya still in charge of this but it's nice to know some produce with nutrients and vitamins is on the lunch menu. Terrific.
chicochica

United States

#2 Sep 23, 2010
Kudos to Tanya Harter and CUSD for making farm to school a reality in our agriculturally rich community. Thank you to Bryan Howard and Matthew Martin for help making it happen! Locals supporting locals at its finest.
Glenn

Chico, CA

#3 Sep 30, 2010
OMG! Dr. Andrea Lerner Thompson is our star! She is, finally, a family, farm, business values board member. She has tried to stop the liberal madness in our schools and bring us back to who we are. Andrea tried to stop the madness of building at PV and Chico High. She lost and we spent huge money on more buildings when our schools are so poor. Who needs that! Cut your taxes, vote for our girl! You go girl, and you deserve our Ag communities big thanks!
Ag guy

Chico, CA

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Andrea was willing to take on the turds at the district office for us! How many years has it been when a board member was willing to break the mold? She calls a spade a spade just like the public does. She doesn't care that Staley, Reed, or the others might hate her, because she is focused on doing the right and ethical thing. I liked it when she would say that some of her colleagues on the board were dishonest jerks. Now what we have to do is get the bums out of there.
Support OMG

Chico, CA

#6 Oct 12, 2010
Ag guy wrote:
Andrea was willing to take on the turds at the district office for us! How many years has it been when a board member was willing to break the mold? She calls a spade a spade just like the public does. She doesn't care that Staley, Reed, or the others might hate her, because she is focused on doing the right and ethical thing. I liked it when she would say that some of her colleagues on the board were dishonest jerks. Now what we have to do is get the bums out of there.
Turds is right. They are cowards. Read the Grand Jury Report. They lie and go to China on our tax money. They fired Jeff Sloan, the best principal ever and turned Marsh into a cesspool of scum. Andrea is one of us. We who know and pray things will be better. She cannot do it alone. Worthington and Lyon are new and fresh faces who need to be supported in our votes. The other guy can hardly speak english so he's out. Reform, reform, reform. Throw the bums out, excepting for Andrea. Kiser is a turd too.
Fed Up

Chico, CA

#7 Oct 12, 2010
Support OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
Turds is right. They are cowards. Read the Grand Jury Report. They lie and go to China on our tax money. They fired Jeff Sloan, the best principal ever and turned Marsh into a cesspool of scum. Andrea is one of us. We who know and pray things will be better. She cannot do it alone. Worthington and Lyon are new and fresh faces who need to be supported in our votes. The other guy can hardly speak english so he's out. Reform, reform, reform. Throw the bums out, excepting for Andrea. Kiser is a turd too.
This is all so true. What has happened is pathetic. How much worse can it get? I bet a lot worse if we don't get a new school board.
Running Meade

Chico, CA

#8 Oct 10, 2011
Fed Up wrote:
<quoted text>
This is all so true. What has happened is pathetic. How much worse can it get? I bet a lot worse if we don't get a new school board.
OMG it will get worse. Andrea Lerner Thompson is simply the best thing that ever happened to our schools. She has stood up over and over again for Jeff Sloan and Marsh Jr. High. She helped the Minasians get to the bottom of the Grand Jury Report. Then that fool Bruce Alpert overturned Tim Colbie on the Grand Jury. They found Sloan innocent of the money charges, but Alpert made them rewrite it. Scums.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Local Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The History of the Refrigerator: Staying Cool T... (Jan '13) Jan 19 Dr Wu 20
Eat local: Penn Dutch Food Center smokes their ... (Apr '09) Nov '14 Ramtubube 61 4
Business Digest, Oct. 11, 2014: Eat Local First... Oct '14 Donny B 3
It's Like Tinder but for Local Food Aug '14 AgBOB 1
Santa Cruz's Sean Venus sees artisanal spirits ... Aug '14 GodSmacked 2
Eat Local: U-pick Farms Are Loaded With Strawbe... (Feb '09) Jul '14 LocavoreT 13
Chevon Young Goat (Jul '14) Jul '14 LocavoreT 2
More from around the web