Talking with children about climate change

There are 3 comments on the Mar 19, 2011, Daily Hampshire Gazette story titled Talking with children about climate change. In it, Daily Hampshire Gazette reports that:

Here is a hypothetical tale of two elementary-school teachers, both teaching a unit about energy and the environment.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Hampshire Gazette.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#1 Mar 20, 2011
Indoctrination must begin at the earliest age possible, fear must be instilled into young minds to make them pliable and ready to pay for the sins of their forebears.
The Scientology technique of indoctrination should be studied by all school teachers and applied in the classroom.
Emotional control is the best way to work on adults, telling them that unless they believe, their grandchildren will suffer, is one of the most common methods currently employed.
We can call that the 'guilt trip' method.
Information control is another ploy, only tell those you want to control what you want them to hear, regularly copy-pasting propaganda is recommended to achieve that goal.
Which brings us neatly to the 'Information Overload' method, guaranteed to convince many that they should give in and believe.
That's followed by the 'Denigration' method, whereby the instructor maligns anyone or any body that dares to be sceptical of his cult or religion.
bronck burger

Bayonne, NJ

#2 Mar 21, 2011
BOY these COWARDS or global warmers SINK LOWER by the minute. now theY are USING and ABUSING CHILDERN in their FAILED GLOBAL WARMING GAME.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain hideaway, SE Spain

#3 Mar 22, 2011
Has anyone else noticed how many web alarmists use similar methods when warning us that we must consider the planet's future for the sake of our grandchildren?
Who here is bothered if their grandkids jump up and down on their grave and curse them for ruining their lives?
We should thank our alarmist friends for bringing this important point to our attention, but I'll not bother, simply because there's not a lot more I can personally do to save the planet than I'm already doing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Local Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In Orlando, food doesn't have to be fast Apr 14 Vib_Ram 1
It's Like Tinder but for Local Food (Aug '14) Apr 4 William 3
Local Food hubs / Co-ops (Jul '14) Apr 4 William 4
News The History of the Refrigerator: Staying Cool T... (Jan '13) Mar '15 bharwick 21
News Missing something? What kind of restaurant do y... Feb '15 Berneta Seitz 1
News TEAC wants you to try an emu pita - it's local ... (Sep '09) Feb '15 Burlington 3
News Fresh Off the Boat: Crab and Salmon in Bodega Bay (Apr '12) Feb '15 Tylequious Jackson 2
More from around the web