Local Food Advocates Target FDA Safet...

Local Food Advocates Target FDA Safety Bill

There are 27 comments on the KSAT story from Nov 17, 2010, titled Local Food Advocates Target FDA Safety Bill. In it, KSAT reports that:

A far-reaching food safety bill that could give the government more power to prevent foodborne illnesses has become a target of advocates for buying food produced locally.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSAT.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pee loth thee

Washington, DC

#1 Nov 17, 2010
Big Government taking control over our food supply! How stupid do you need to be not to understand everything they have been telling us about our Govt. Is going to poison us theirself. They already are! They are going to start their own pandemic which will give them the power to march on all of us. Fema, homeland security, will be rounding up Americans. They are preparing for the Holocaust of Americans. Get this secrete Govt. Out of our lives.
They will not release any information and the media is in on this genocide of the peasants. Look into it for yourself!! The proof is there, the coverup is obvious because govt. Is a terrible liar!

Since: Sep 10

Canton, OH

#2 Nov 17, 2010
Pee loth thee wrote:
Big Government taking control over our food supply! How stupid do you need to be not to understand everything they have been telling us about our Govt. Is going to poison us theirself. They already are! They are going to start their own pandemic which will give them the power to march on all of us. Fema, homeland security, will be rounding up Americans. They are preparing for the Holocaust of Americans. Get this secrete Govt. Out of our lives.
They will not release any information and the media is in on this genocide of the peasants. Look into it for yourself!! The proof is there, the coverup is obvious because govt. Is a terrible liar!
You have a serious medical condition involving a dysfunction of the brain. No kidding here, you can and should get some professional help. You will be able to fight government restrictions and regulations you don't agree with and you will be able to do so rationally and sanely.

“Truth to Power!”

Since: Apr 07

Raleigh, NC

#3 Nov 17, 2010
More Obama overreach. He still doesn't get it. This is supposed to be about JOBS not more government intervention on something that doesn't need it.
Pee loth thee

Washington, DC

#4 Nov 17, 2010
Allenall wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a serious medical condition involving a dysfunction of the brain. No kidding here, you can and should get some professional help. You will be able to fight government restrictions and regulations you don't agree with and you will be able to do so rationally and sanely.
That is the typical response of a blind idiot who believes any thing he/she is presented with. Anytime your big govt gets it's corrupt hands into our lives we loose our freedom. It's assholeslike you that promote the removal of our freedoms and liberties. You need more than professional help. You need to be stopped and will be. The American people are sick of you big govt. People, creating a Nazi type power in America. The light is exposing you ignorant bastards and you can only hope the newly elected officials dismantle your non-transparent liberal progressives before the people do. The lid is slowly being blown off these plans. I'm only relaying what is being presented to the American people, so you can name call the powere on T.V. for exposing these facts. You can remain ignorant! There have been studys conducted that most liberals are void of reasonable rationing skills. Your mental issues are not my study once again but a university's study of liberal progressives. So now, I'm telling you what I've heard as fact from someone else. You don't like what you hear so you can recommend anything you want. It's just a tactic of liberal not to address what is said but to demean the person relaying the message. Seriously, the facts are out there. Stay blind, close minded, and non excepting. Obama loves you that way!
Pee loth thee

Washington, DC

#5 Nov 17, 2010
The funny part is this is exactly what they said they would do! And the response of the nay sayers is exactly what they are conditioned to say. So predictable. Blind weak American followers who think big govt. Is gonna save them!
Pee loth thee

Washington, DC

#6 Nov 17, 2010
The govt. Is the ones who are releasing these transferable diseases from animals to humans. I never believed that such a thing was possible. I gave that show "Conpiracy Theory" a chance. I don't believe everything I seen on there. But what always rings true is the govt. Goes out of their way to lie, coverup, and play dumb. Watch for yourself. Prove people like Glenn Beck wrong with facts. Save the name calling...that's not gonna work anymore. Were on to that tactic!

“your life is great”

Since: Aug 09

you poop in clean water

#7 Nov 17, 2010
so it really is just the Anti-Obama thing huh?

the article clearly states that although he supports it, he didn't write it, and won't vote on it until after the house & senate.

get a grip guys, this piece of legislation was written by senators and representatives.

(food safety - gasp!! the horror!!)
Corrupt Liars

Washington, DC

#8 Nov 17, 2010
Why do you think the govt. Doesn't want you growing your own food? Doesn't that strike you odd that has to regulate what you can and can't eat? Get in line..take your shots and crawl off and die. They will bulldoze the bodies later.
We All Loose

Washington, DC

#9 Nov 17, 2010
anneutral wrote:
so it really is just the Anti-Obama thing huh?
the article clearly states that although he supports it, he didn't write it, and won't vote on it until after the house & senate.
get a grip guys, this piece of legislation was written by senators and representatives.
(food safety - gasp!! the horror!!)
You can believe it's about food safety. Sure! What your not even entertaining is the govt. Control. You can make it sound as tho it's a good thing but nothing ever is when the feds get involved. Awe and obama hasn't written a fricken thing. He didn't even read the healthcare bill he had his terrorist buddy's in the Apolo Alliance write. Give me a break, if you even had a clue of the hidden forces be hide obama...your not neutral. Your a blind obama big govt. Follower. Hail obama..lock step...close minded!
abuse of power

Pasadena, CA

#10 Nov 17, 2010
I wonder if this is related to the Monsanto (seeds, etc.), contract that someone attached directly or indirectly to the establishment/'self-proclaimed elitists' and their cohorts seek to pass legislation and make bank from this - us. I don't really have time to unwind it right now and see, but I remember this (Monsanto) one come before me a while back.

Food, water, OUR healthcare....all under the guise of, blah blah!

Follow the money trail...power and control by those who are supposed to be servants. We have failed to watch them as we have busied our lives - ENOUGH!

Get ready, People. Stay alert and engaged. Keep waking up others, especially our 'children', they are OUR children!- with the exclusion of those who came by way of invasion...they do not know our passion and fervor for OUR country and OUR constitution. They are willing to be serfs, but they are not ours.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#11 Nov 17, 2010
We All Loose wrote:
<quoted text> You can believe it's about food safety. Sure! What your not even entertaining is the govt. Control. You can make it sound as tho it's a good thing but nothing ever is when the feds get involved. Awe and obama hasn't written a fricken thing. He didn't even read the healthcare bill he had his terrorist buddy's in the Apolo Alliance write. Give me a break, if you even had a clue of the hidden forces be hide obama...your not neutral. Your a blind obama big govt. Follower. Hail obama..lock step...close minded!
and you didn't even read the article did you?
there is very little chance this will even get to Obamas desk.
-
your need to throw a bi-partisan spin on everything is naive, scratch the surface a little.

(I do support my local farmers with my patronage, do you?)
Giggs

Grimes, IA

#12 Nov 17, 2010
The laughing liberal wrote:
More Obama overreach. He still doesn't get it. This is supposed to be about JOBS not more government intervention on something that doesn't need it.
Guess you haven't paid attention to the almost daily massive food recalls and foodborn illness outbreaks. How many people have to get sick and die before you realize and admit that the corporations will not emphasize safety and protect the consumer?

As for your constant bleating about jobs - we've had positive job growth for many months in a row now. It's slow progress, but we are moving in the right direction with absolutley no help from the GOP who is more concerned - and has blatantly said it is the #1 priority - with making Obama a 1 term president. How about asking Republicans why they aren't more concerned with jobs and improving the economy?
Hmmmm

Lansdale, PA

#13 Nov 17, 2010
If it comes from DC, it has to be good!
We All Loose

Washington, DC

#14 Nov 17, 2010
anneutral wrote:
<quoted text>
and you didn't even read the article did you?
there is very little chance this will even get to Obamas desk.
-
your need to throw a bi-partisan spin on everything is naive, scratch the surface a little.
(I do support my local farmers with my patronage, do you?)
Naive. HA! Better look in the mirror on that one. Both partys are responsible for this power grab. Your right I am bi -partisan on the corruption duh! Your the partisan. No matter what, big govt good! Liberals mean well! Obama great! Freedoms lost..well govt will hold our hands... your a joke! Talk about a naive partisan dumbazz. You don't even know what I'm pointing out about govt. To hell with the article I read. The facts are the chest moves their making! Wake up!
We All Loose

Washington, DC

#15 Nov 17, 2010
Hmmmm wrote:
If it comes from DC, it has to be good!
That's right dumb dumb. Well articulated to support the personification of Americans. Don't hurt yourself thinking too hard!
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#16 Nov 17, 2010
I donít know how much of all this I believe but Obamaís own Science Czars did write a book about population control and well having control of the food supply will help that.
Considering his main point was based upon sterilization Iím sure there is some additive for that. Interesting but I donít know enough on this to go one way or another I'd have to do some reading. I personally think there needs to be some oversight but NOT control.
Either way im glad i own lots of guns in case they come a knockin one day.

“Angry Antlers ”

Since: Sep 08

Miami

#17 Nov 17, 2010
Anything to restore the defunded FDA, SEC, EPA, and any other consumer protection agency decimated by the Bush Crime Family.

Keep corporate farming on lockdown, regulated, and forced to produce safe food, or face nationalization and/or the Sherman Act.
KeepGitmoOpen

United States

#18 Nov 18, 2010
Caribou Barbie wrote:
Anything to restore the defunded FDA, SEC, EPA, and any other consumer protection agency decimated by the Bush Crime Family.
Keep corporate farming on lockdown, regulated, and forced to produce safe food, or face nationalization and/or the Sherman Act.
Funny there is no Bush crime family.

“your life is great”

you poop in clean water

#19 Nov 18, 2010
KeepGitmoOpen wrote:
<quoted text>Funny there is no Bush crime family.
LMFAO!!!!!!!!
abuse of power

Pasadena, CA

#20 Nov 18, 2010
Senate Bill S 510 Food Safety Modernization Act vote imminent: Would outlaw gardening and saving seedsPosted by Art Villa - Global Perspective on November 17, 2010 at 12:26pm in General, Uncategorized Town Hall
View Discussions

This is just one of many articles about this bill.

While The People have been in an uproar and/or distracted by the TSA power grabs, Senate passed this bill today - Newest Power and Control over OUR FOOD. And yes, Monsanto is chompin' at the bit in some form or relation or another.

OUR Water,
OUR Energy,
OUR Healthcare,
OUR Privacy(ies),
OUR Children,
OUR Businesses,
OUR Money and Property, and
OUR FOOD.

All under the guise of some fraud, hoax, or scam and legislation in violation of OUR CONSTITUTION.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Local Food Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Missing something? What kind of restaurant do y... (Feb '15) Sep '15 vic 2
News Financial planning for grown-ups (Jun '15) Jun '15 Marcus 1
News The History of the Refrigerator: Staying Cool T... (Jan '13) May '15 blast 22
News Conservation group seeks to buy developer out o... (May '15) May '15 ApePeeD 1
News In Orlando, food doesn't have to be fast (Apr '15) Apr '15 Vib_Ram 1
It's Like Tinder but for Local Food (Aug '14) Apr '15 William 3
Local Food hubs / Co-ops (Jul '14) Apr '15 William 4
More from around the web